Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:00:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarketCap data  (Read 555 times)
cryptocoinshunter007

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:29:42 PM

It would have been better if you had posted that from where you got the information that coinmarketcap.com is going to charge for this thing. Because no such news have been around in the market. Also, if they drop charge it, it will be a huge loss for them because they will be losing their customers for this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:37:23 PM

~ snip ~

I think I heard recently that coinmarketcap.com is going to start charging a fee or requiring a paid subscription for this information (unless I am thoroughly confused or did not hear all of the story and misinterpreted what I heard). Because my holdings are so low, I can't justify paying for that as it will essentially eat up the value of all of my holdings in fairly short order.

Where did you heard that they are charging fees now?

Can you give us the links?

So my questions = (1) am I correct that the coinmarketcap 'free ride' is coming to an end or did I misinterpret this?
(2) do I have another 'free' option of getting this information automatically updated in my spreadsheet?

If not - I'm okay with that. No sense spending more value than I own just for the convenience of knowing how much my minuscule holdings are fluctuating. But if I can keep this convenience, I would like to do that.   Undecided

Again, it boils down as to where you heard this news. I haven't heard anything though to be honest, so its really hard to comment on it. There's a lot of websites similar to coinmarketcap where you can pull your data. Here is a thread wherein we have a discussions about coinmarketcap alternatives: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3094720.5. I already put there a list, just go and check it out.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
MoneyGuardian

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:29:55 PM

If CMC is going to charge for this service, then try to look for the alternatives of it. There are plenty of alternatives for it such as Coincap.io or Coindex. Also there is no source to the news that you have mentioned about CMC charging for this service. It would have been better to have the proof too.
LiluSG

Activity: 588
Merit: 199

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:40:38 PM

I saw only the update of API to version v2 by the end of the year, since I was doing lessons on how to take information from a coinmarketcap in Excel. But nothing on the subject of paid subscription I did not come across. This is not the data that would take money for it and in the end they will simply lose traffic to their site
ChainFish

Activity: 217

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 10:23:33 PM

You can be coordinated API of Coinmarketcap to exceed expectations document, that is so extraordinary, so if conceivable, would you be able to give your record? Also, I recollect CMC simply charge expense for people or associations who need to have an API with premium capacity, and with reference reason, I believe it's free.
CheeryPenguin

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 10:50:25 PM

I don't figure the CMC will charge expense for its administration since they are as of now taking in substantial income from promotions and tremendous client base, in the event that they execute paid administration they will lose a large portion of their userbase and each one of those clients will be coordinated to some elective free administration.
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 10:53:08 PM

I use a token tracking application like blockfolio, and coinstats to keep track of the price changes of my crypto assets and the main tmuse i utilize coinmarketcap data for is to keep check on circulating supply and volume of the tokens as well as how bitcoin is behaving on the charts as compared to other assets.

Join DeStream ICO: https://destream.io/?referralId=adf52557d7994818a3bf8131262f2179#action=bountyreg

Cengghengmania21

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 10:59:28 PM

Coinmarketcap is a complete and up-to-date site that shows the price movements of all Cryptocurrency in the world. In August 2017, there were more than 500 crypto coins. Falid data is used to determine and view all data from cryptocurrency.
ChainFish

Activity: 217

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 11:16:58 PM

Experienced their online networking and I don't see them saying that they will evacuate their "free arrangement" from their API. Truth be told, one of their ongoing posts was promoting and inviting individuals to utilize their free intend to experiment with their API. You were most likely deceived or it was me that passed up a major opportunity.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:27:56 AM

You probably have heard of their "professional" paid API. The price tag might scare you off ($79-$699 per month!) but it won't replace the current API. For example, the most expensive plan extends the available historical data. I don't think that you need any of these features. The target audience are mostly developers and large funds.

Damn the price, I never thought that amount just to use their premium, considering it's just basic feature. I'll just use those some feature mentioned above. So this trader thing is a big help especially for those who are doing this full time but for me I'm still good using delta app and blockfolio for tracking my coins, though it isn't directly connected to exchange sites.

I think yes, coinmartketcap have pro api and we need paid for service. You can use api of etherscan or ethplorer. For me, I use telegram bot to track my ethereum wallet.
Can you please reply with a link for the telegram bot? I lost it with my telegram account that got banned. I would appreciate if you can help me have it back.

Don't bother to use that telegram bot, I used it before but it's too damn annoying for inaccuracy.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
AltCoinShooter

Activity: 230

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:11:07 PM

I don't think this is gonna happen. Even if it happens there are splendid options to consider such as cryptocompare, coincap, congecho etc which also gives you the most similar feature you get in Coinmarketcap.
efey39

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:17:10 PM

Coinmarketcap data is very important for investors trading in the crypto-currency market. investors can instantly follow the graph. verilerin doğru olduğunu düşünüyorum.
TurkiyePriest

Activity: 1011
Merit: 128

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:24:35 PM

I do not think CoinmarketCAP's API is very healthy. If you will connect to a website. This website is healthier than the binance because it already has top coins.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
victory.lil

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:30:07 PM

I will not hide that lately there have been a lot of news that said that the data published by CoinMarketCap is really normal, because there was a lot of interesting about the fact that they have a relationship to manipulation.
MetaPhorse007

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:30:40 PM

An open API is now offered by CoinMarketCap, the better and brighter one will give "extra endpoints, more calls, higher rate cutoff points, trade and advertise and authentic information for the business levels," as indicated by an email reaction to CoinDesk from Carylyne Chan, VP of showcasing at CoinMarketCap.
jamota

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:34:31 PM

there is a lot of news saying that the data published by CoinMarketCap is completely normal, because there are many interesting things about the fact that they have a relationship with manipulation.
fourplealise

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:38:28 PM

Coinmarketcap doesn't even charge a fee for the listing of the coins and you are saying it will charge to just visit their website. Yes! The API feature charges. But I don't think you need that as you are just willing to know your marketcap.
quanahri

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 01:45:28 PM

I used a bot in a telegram that functions like CMC. It even checks the tokens I have in Myetherwallet. But I did not have that bot. If anyone please give me a link.
The functions of many telegrams and bots are based on the coinmarketcap API.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:54:36 PM

So my questions = (1) am I correct that the coinmarketcap 'free ride' is coming to an end or did I misinterpret this?
Where did you read that? it would be nice to know the source to see if someone here can confirm the info.

(2) do I have another 'free' option of getting this information automatically updated in my spreadsheet?
There are several CMC alternatives like Cryptocompare, Coingecko, Coincap.io, Coincodex. Perhaps you could use one of those to keep your spreadsheet up to date, check to see if one of those provides an API

Yups.cryptocomapre is one of the best for me nowadays,they are sending updates about the price movemennt of this market with graps and value..daily i am receiving emails from them so i dont have to track from time to time..you better try their site OP for your convenience
MetaPhorse007

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:44:50 PM

"In spite of it's imperfections it remains an immensely prominent site at checking cryto costs and I wind up returning there day by day without much forethought in spite of other convincing and apparently better alternatives like onchainfx.
"
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: