Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:24:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarketCap data  (Read 555 times)
markgayamo

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:54:10 PM

Yes, in coinmarketcap you can check the price of your coins updated and you can watch the coin list of the latest coins that have a price of coins that have no prices. Each of coins that are listed in coinmarketcap has their designated smart contract to be seen and it will guide you in how you sell it or trade it. There is also a portion that you will know the newly coins that to be listed in the site. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CripplesPlazma

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:07:25 PM

The information blunder comes only two days after CoinMarketCap propelled another expert level and expense based API, including a refreshed trade positioning page and the expansion of subordinates markets to the site.
RustyBits (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 04:25:56 PM

It would be more pleasant if you mention the source where you got the news.
It would have been better if you had posted that from where you got the information that coinmarketcap.com is going to charge for this thing. Because no such news have been around in the market.
Where did you heard that they are charging fees now?

Can you give us the links?
Also there is no source to the news that you have mentioned about CMC charging for this service. It would have been better to have the proof too.

I had previously indicated in post#7 that I did not have the source where I thought I'd heard this. But since so many have asked after the fact, I have gone back and edited my original post to include this (lack of) information.  Sorry for my omission and doubly sorry if I've become the inadvertent source of mis-information as a result.

Visit GetPaid! for ways to earn money online - You won't Get Rich Quick... but you will GetPaid!
BTCCavalletto

Activity: 176

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:49:45 PM

As far I know the coinmarketcap has professional api and people are ready to paid their service. It can be use for etherscan or ethplorer. To track my Ethereum wallet I try to use telegram.
Anzal RK

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:53:31 PM

Coinmarketcap is a big platform of view a coin price.
It is a best platform of data coin.
This is so great infotmation and so useful for me.
Thanks, this is good.
Sionsak

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:04:14 PM

You can try to use API of Coinmarketcap to excel file because it is made by advance technology. its service are better than others. it is excellent to me that's why i am also use it. its feature and structure are more strong. it is more easy to use.
bigdaddyderp

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:12:48 PM

Hopefully coinmarketcap.com goes away and better alternatives come along.  A lot of times their data is outdated or just float out wrong.  It's much better to get your data feeds directly from the exchanges your trading on. 
Sact

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:14:51 PM

API are now more useful and useful for it. You can try to use API of Coinmarketcap to excel file, it is amazing to me i am also use it. its feature and structure are more strong. it is more easy to use than other.
Reality5

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:17:51 PM

I am not really aware of coinmarket charges for its data in future. But no matter what, there could still be so e free options to explore when that happens. Stay relax for now.
Este

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:18:50 PM

You can try to use API of Coinmarketcap to excel file, it is great, i am also use it. its feature and structure are more strong. it is more easy to use.
BItCoinPidger

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:13:54 AM

thank so much you for providing this news,  I am glad that you are so conscious about the market and have the market informations but I am not sure what are you so worried about,eveything seems quite normal to me and hopefully things will remain like this on the future as well
irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:23:33 AM

I have a few altcoin holdings and occasionally visit a few alt faucets and get a few airdrops for relatively minimal total value. At some point I found and used an excel spreadsheet formula that pulls current value data from coinmarketcap.com. I integrated that into an existing spreadsheet I use to keep track of my cryptos.  So in my spreadsheet, I track that I own 0.00012345 of altcoin X and I am able to see that I have $12.35 in USD value of that altcoin X. As the price value varies per coinmarketcap, the spreadsheet automatically updates each time that I open it.

I think I heard recently that coinmarketcap.com is going to start charging a fee or requiring a paid subscription for this information (unless I am thoroughly confused or did not hear all of the story and misinterpreted what I heard). Because my holdings are so low, I can't justify paying for that as it will essentially eat up the value of all of my holdings in fairly short order.
EDIT: I do not recall where I heard this or if I even heard it correctly, so I am unable to provide a source link

So my questions = (1) am I correct that the coinmarketcap 'free ride' is coming to an end or did I misinterpret this?
(2) do I have another 'free' option of getting this information automatically updated in my spreadsheet?

If not - I'm okay with that. No sense spending more value than I own just for the convenience of knowing how much my minuscule holdings are fluctuating. But if I can keep this convenience, I would like to do that.   Undecided

maybe you saw the wrong information.
CMC is unlikely to make payments to its users.
even if that happens, it is certain that many other users will switch to other alternatives because obviously CMC has earned a large income from us accessing it.
refugiumcrypto

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:06:41 AM

I am almost the same as other users. I use token tracking applications like Blockfolio, and Coinstats to track changes in my current crypto asset prices. and my most important goal is to use coinmarketcap data to continuously monitor inventory and volume circulating from tokens and always monitor Bitcoin behaving in the graph compared to assets or other coins including some coins in Altcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: