Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:40:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Risk of scam ICOs is more during Bull phase  (Read 651 times)
virendarnagpal (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:38:23 PM

We have seen few scam ICOs.  I think during Bull phase when prices are rising every day; people are very much enthusiastic to invest in Alt coins by directly buying from the market and from the ICOs.  More and  more people then want to buy more and more coins because the price are rising day to day.
So as per my opinion the chances of cheating by scam ICOs are more while there is bull phase and the rising market.  So in a greed to become rich overnight, people sometimes buy such coins.  Even inexperienced people with greed; enter the market at those times; they become the easy target of such scams.
And during bear phase when the markets are falling; even good ICOs are finding it difficult to attract sufficient investors; so the chances of scam ICOs are low.
But I think we shall always be alert before investing; but more alert during rising market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
easycoin995

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:32:50 PM

Yes, it is right that the risk of scam increase during the buul phase. The transaction increases during this time and the prices are also pretty good. This makes it more prone to scams. So I will advice all to be more careful in dealings during this time.
Yaddady

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:37:02 PM

This is absolutely true. In the bull phase of the market, there's a lot of interest in the crypto space and because the market is constantly green, scam projects get churned out easily and because almost everyone is interested in making money, there's not a lot discerning by ICO investors
cryptocooper57

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:57:07 PM

Yes it is true based on this greed can destroy many things also before investing we need to do some research mostly newbie’s suffers a lot based on greed they invest money in wrong place so they should invest the reliable one.
blackmagic111

Activity: 218

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:16:42 PM

I totally agree with you. We need to be very careful from now on. The incidents of scams in ICO projects has increased a lot lately. Before investing, we must do our own research and and then make a decision.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:27:32 PM

The increase of scam projects or ICOs is due to morr people that are interested in investing to such ptojects to multiply there profits and that is why these people are taking up this opportunity to milk investors.
cryptoVinc5599

Activity: 240

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:54:06 PM

Yes it is true that the sheer greed is what causes their downfall. That is why it is very important for the people to be cautious and always to do their fair share of the research on the project that they want to invest in. And for the newbies, it is better to invest in the old and popular ones rather than the new ones.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:59:27 PM

Bull phase is the perfect time to launch the ICO project and make them listed on the exchange too. If you want to find the success stories in the way I mentioned here it will be widely give understand about the project. When you are looking to invest on the ICO also this bull run time is the good option for you.

Then all the time you can get the tokens along with the percentage extra in the pre sale time so utilize it better no need to worry about the other times.
Kiefner

Activity: 921
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:13:33 PM

I think that people who invest in cryptocurrencies should be extremely careful when choosing coins. Investing in an ICO is insane. Personally, I can not invest in ICO, because I do not have such a stock of nerves and money)

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
settingwake

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:16:25 PM

yes, it's true, greed is one of our greatest enemy, if something seems too good to be true, then probably it is
KingKongBong4152

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:32:33 PM

Greed deprives men from their senses and thus they fall into the trap of being scammed. The newbies are the common victim. And to fix that, they need to be more cautious and less greedy. They are investors, they are here for the long run and not just to make money and dash for it. This sort of mindset needs to be present in them
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:34:41 PM

Maybe during the bull phase there is more money available to ICOs in general so scams might be more successful.  Scams in the bear phase hurt more since economic times were already bad to begin with and people are constantly trying to earn money.  But another thing is that sometimes we aren't seeing scams but instead are just seeing poorly planned business ventures.  Just because an ICO fails doesn't instantly make it a scam.  People should look at past performance and reputation of the ICO team before investing into an ICO.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
ryap12

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:52:15 PM

We have seen few scam ICOs.  I think during Bull phase when prices are rising every day; people are very much enthusiastic to invest in Alt coins by directly buying from the market and from the ICOs.  More and  more people then want to buy more and more coins because the price are rising day to day.
So as per my opinion the chances of cheating by scam ICOs are more while there is bull phase and the rising market.  So in a greed to become rich overnight, people sometimes buy such coins.  Even inexperienced people with greed; enter the market at those times; they become the easy target of such scams.
And during bear phase when the markets are falling; even good ICOs are finding it difficult to attract sufficient investors; so the chances of scam ICOs are low.
But I think we shall always be alert before investing; but more alert during rising market.

You cant predit which token/coin rises and fall as the crypto market is huge. And you said aabout scam ICOs, do you have some list of scam ICOs so we will see which ICO you are referring to? We can check its graph and their roadmaps, because I am suspecting you are basing it fom short term investments.
MoneyGuardian

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 10:25:00 PM

Yes, this is true enough and the logic behind this situation is also practical. In the bearish market people just want to get reach and they have to think about investing at a very short time, so making mistake in that stage is quite logical enough because of the hurry.
ChainFish

Activity: 217

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 10:52:18 PM

I agree with you. At present scammers are always try to get the hype to enter and their promotional strategy makes all the newbies attracted and when the market started to get a reach all the investor also start investing in such area with their profitable money. We all should aware of this fact and no to do hurry in taking such decisions about investing.
jeankinkadekia

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 11:03:00 PM

Your analysis is really true. So, this is a warning for everyone to be more careful in choosing an ICO. Moreover, if you want to invest in ICO's coins. Nowadays , the scammers are smarter with presenting good looking projects. Just more selective in analyzing a new ICO.     
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 11:12:50 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2018, 11:49:02 PM by dollarneed

people will invest their money without doing research first since they don't want to lose that opportunity, this hype market is used by some projects to catch the Investors to buy their scam token. I think as an investor we must be aware of that situation and not take rash actions, make your own research before investing in a coin or project. I can't believe there is a service for creating a coin less than $100.
CheeryPenguin

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 11:17:28 PM

Indeed, this is sufficiently genuine and the rationale behind this circumstance is additionally commonsense. In the bearish market individuals simply need to get reach and they need to consider contributing at a brief span, so committing an error in that stage is very sufficiently consistent due to the rush.
Insomnia family

Activity: 868
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 11:19:18 PM

people just want to take advantage of opportunities so they buy a lot of coins and I think it really needs to be done only we really have to be careful in choosing coins or ico because we don't really know which one will scam because everything looks convincing

Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto & NFT in Multiple Chains
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬     ❶ ❷ ❸ s w a p     ▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
[   M V P   L I V E   ]   -   9 Blockchains Integrated Already
CanyonsBull

Activity: 215

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:58:21 AM

Scammers are always active and they are always hunting for their preys. So people should be careful every moment in crypto world. And yeah too much greed can destroy one easily.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: