Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 04:38:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Risk of scam ICOs is more during Bull phase  (Read 655 times)
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:06:23 PM

We have seen few scam ICOs.  I think during Bull phase when prices are rising every day; people are very much enthusiastic to invest in Alt coins by directly buying from the market and from the ICOs.  More and  more people then want to buy more and more coins because the price are rising day to day.
So as per my opinion the chances of cheating by scam ICOs are more while there is bull phase and the rising market.  So in a greed to become rich overnight, people sometimes buy such coins.  Even inexperienced people with greed; enter the market at those times; they become the easy target of such scams.
And during bear phase when the markets are falling; even good ICOs are finding it difficult to attract sufficient investors; so the chances of scam ICOs are low.
But I think we shall always be alert before investing; but more alert during rising market.

Even in a bearish market it doesn't signify that scam icos are low.There still projects who do really still tend to scam investors.They might not able to raise up millions of fundings but accumulating hundreds of thousands would really be already sufficient for them to run.This is the effect of those frauds which in a bear market when a legit project do launch crowdfund then most of the case they will surely fail and I cant really blame investors to lose up confidence on investing due to the past that they had experienced.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Catesknee

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:07:53 PM

SCAM ICO are more risky and we should totally avoid it. it will causes of our loses. we should increase awareness. it will save our wallet.
Lisedc

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:13:13 PM

There are many ways to avoid the ico scams. People should learn them very, specially the new users. Otherwise they will lose huge thing and will be disappointed. This should be published more in many sites.
Beffm

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:16:07 PM

These days no state whether the bull phase or the bear phase is safe. There are so many scam ICOs with various ways to manipulate investors with fake promises. I think we should be careful always
Vengeance007

Activity: 228

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:17:56 PM

scam ico are more risky and it is causes for lose. if you want to save your wallet you should avoid this. we should invest here carefully and increase awareness.
ololajulo

Activity: 2240
Merit: 270

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:24:04 PM

I have a different opinion on this. Experienced investors wont purchase ICO, they will be thinking of taking profit. Most investment was before the bullish move last year. When ethereum was high this year it only lasted few weeks and I think the ICOs may not take their funds then, believing it might rise higher. Last year had higher hardcaps that are unreasonable high than this year. more measure are taking this year to identify scam ICO and reveal them.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
mairespleet

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:59:39 PM

I think main culprit is pathetic greed of many investors on bull phase. We lose out senses to earn quickly and start investing on various ICOs which later turns out to be a scam. So this all is within our mentality
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:12:12 PM

I do not think that this is so, it seems to me that it is now difficult to collect anything from crypto-currencies, because few projects can really offer something very effective, probably it does not matter when this happens.

No, he was right, as the market went up, so many new investors would join the mayor, they were afraid of the opportunity to miss. However, they are the most delicious prey to be fooled. And a lot of new ICOs came out when Bitcoin hit the $ 20000 mark
ETHxn4BTC

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:21:48 AM

ICO authority are now very conscious and aware about the security policies so if after that much security such things happen then it is really unfortunate, I think if we stay safe then we can protect ourselves from these kinds of things
Beimere

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:42:35 AM

well it is unfortunate that the users have to face such kinds of situation but it is not complete authority mistakes sometimes because of greed to earn fast and much we make mistakes and allow scam thing on our transaction do we need to be careful and conscious
RottenSteel

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:12:23 AM

to be honest with you it is sad but true that you had to deal with scams if you want to do trading on the online world and it increases a bit when the market on bull riding condition  yes if we stay aware then nothing can harm us
Beimere

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:19:20 AM

Yes, you are right inexperienced people are trying to buy coins.It is very enexpected for the regular user of bitcoins.People must acquire the perfect knowledge about the cryptocurrency and we must take care of rising market.
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:27:32 AM

Either bull phase or bearish phase, people are scammer because they are greedy or they lack information
If you are greedy, you want to buy a token sold at ico for 0.5$ at the rate of 0.2$

Then when they are scammed, they start disturbing the forum; never go for cheap things
Never crucify victims too

Be smart and always do your own research
Euroda

Activity: 370
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:30:00 AM

Well we cannot say what would it be . It would be increasing or decreasing but still if it a scammer it would be scam . It is better to gather information to make it more useful to you and avoid being scam as well

Valentyzer

Activity: 206
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 07:36:33 AM

I don't think so, personally I have witnessed more ico scam in this bear market compare to during bullrun. What is prevalent during bullrun is FOMO, alot of persons FOMO in the the raising coins so as not to miss out on the potential profit, that's not scam
Winnerschapel

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:51:22 AM

That is just the basic truth. During the bull market, their is a lot of excitement in the market and this makes newbies fall for a lot of scams as they are very much excited to invest and make massive gains
vinayak2628
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:53:41 AM

I agree with statement. When bull phase lots of scam ico present. But we need to collect all information about that project when we invested our money...
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:53:49 AM

Bull phase or not, it depends on a those scammers how will they present and raise their ICO. If their website presentation look very realistic, alive social media accounts and using well known team members faces then someone or many will fall for it. All we have to do is do our own research before investing.
alex3.alex03

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:55:10 AM

This very often happens. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to influence this. It is necessary to carefully analyze the projects.
BluRPie

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:56:55 AM

I think that number of scams the same on the Bullish and Bearish markets. But on the Red market chance to realize scam is minor. Because investors activity is very low.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: