Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:45:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Risk of scam ICOs is more during Bull phase  (Read 651 times)
vladuch1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 08:11:37 AM

During the phase of the bull when the crypto market is constantly growing, fraudulent ICOs are definitely becoming larger and this is a fact. We need to fight fraud in the crypt industry and come up with new methods to combat crypto swindlers.
CryptoPairFTX

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:06:53 AM

Well that is very good observation. I agree with this. And one more thing, it is true that the number of ICOs scams is increasing in bear phase recently. So every phase has become risky today
GhostAltCoin

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:11:17 AM

This is actually bitter truth that people make silly mistake when they cannot control their greed. When market is on the bull phase, people become more interested to invest and scammers try to take advantage of this situation.
CorneliaMarket

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:22:14 PM

Newbies should be more careful before investing on an ICO during the bull phase. Many ICO offer too much profit but truly do nothing but take away the capital from the investors. No one should be attracted only by high profit.
TOYOB BISWAS

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:01:01 PM

Scammers will always try to take advantage of the investment by fooling the investors. When the price rises, scammers become more active as there is too many investors look forward to invest. Everyone should be cautious about this.
rabia_laskor

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 09:07:10 PM

That's not an easy task to find promising ICO but if anyone tries to analyze ICO before invest and check properly, it's whitepaper they can be able to find promising ICO and they will be benefitted by avoiding scam ICO.
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:48:09 PM

I have to agree with you. During a long bull run, people are in a complete ecstasy and not even paying attention to what are they buying in a particular coin offering. Greed becomes stronger than it should be and we are making riskier decisions which are making our portfolio smaller and smaller. ICOs have a difficult time right now. Investors are afraid of buying, but it has some positive effects as well: they are doing an actual research! Only high-quality projects are able to start their own startup after reaching the soft cap. I am in favor of the current situation, team members can not speculate a lot and they have to build a product in order to gain attention from the public. Teams that are tirelessly improving their platform in time when no one believes in them have a chance to be rewarded in the upcoming bull run. We need some quality, and this is the time when we are getting it piece by piece  Smiley.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
BTalarmus

Activity: 443
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 12:54:42 PM

It is perfectly natural, when scammers come to the place where there is a lot of money. If there is a decline in the cryptocurrency market, then the number of frauds decreases. This is good, because cryptocurrency world is clearing in such a way.
zander09

Activity: 546

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:04:29 PM

Scammers will always try to take advantage of the investment by fooling the investors. When the price rises, scammers become more active as there is too many investors look forward to invest. Everyone should be cautious about this.

That is the reason why all investors need to be more careful everytime they invest their money because scammers are always everywhere and it's hard to stop those scammers with their bad doing.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:11:03 AM

Doesn't really matter, so long as people do their due diligence, the odds of being scammed by an ICO is actually extremely low. I have lost track of the number of times I've investigated a potential ICO investment option, only to be turned-off by something or other. Typically, I find out news later down the line that the ICO was actually a scam.

Luckily I haven't been stung by any of these yet. But for real guys, do your damn research before investing. If everything isn't exactly PERFECT do not invest as you WILL lose your money.
Yeah, proper due diligence is what anyone need to always be concerned about to be able to get rid of investing in scam ICOs.
There are still scam ICOs that has been pushed out even during this bear trend, so it does not really matter what the trend is.

It is not surprising though since during bull periods, we always get to see new investors coming into the market and since all they are after is getting rich quick, they are gullible enough to fall for anything and that makes the idea of having quite a number of scam ICOs during this period rampant.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:16:45 AM

That is the reason why all investors need to be more careful everytime they invest their money because scammers are always everywhere and it's hard to stop those scammers with their bad doing.

To be able to that , investors must practice a safety precautions such as investing only to a trusted source and investing only what they can afford .

risk of ico's are always there no matter what is the status of the market .

if ever you dont like to take the risk , then better divert your  capital to some guaranteed investments like bitcoin or altcoins .
vitek146

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:22:50 AM

In bull phase if i see many ICOs will stopped or paused their projects and token sale for few months becouse rhey worrie about prices and that investors will be more carefull to join some ICO.And about scammers they be and will be all times when crypto have big money to reach and go out.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  NEXTPAKK  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    
▄▄▄ CRYPTO LAST-MILE PACKAGE DELIVERY ● PRIVATE-SALE ● Apr 16 20 (https://www.nextpakk.com/en)
Iykecollins
Copper Member

Activity: 376
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:33:36 AM

I don't believe this, there will always be scam irrespective of market situation, I can't agree less that there would be more ICO's during bull market due to the attractiveness of the market and the Success rate of the genuine ones are higher due to the increased value of the coins used in the purchase

StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:02:28 AM

ICO scam is a dangerous thing that happens regularly with the users. But all should know how to avoid them by following some easy steps like avoid malware download, avoid easy and unbelievable profit policy offers etc.
Either it is a bull phase or a bear phase, ICO scams are always usually there. However, it is understandable that the enthusiasm to make a lot of money from new investors mindset and the sentiments in the market during bull period makes it easy for the scam ICOs to get rampant and as many people are getting happy with the market, their judgments can somehow be clouded with a lot of newbies entering into the market within this period.
sarasofrup

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:38:44 PM

Well, In my own opinion, I think that the risk of falling for scams, and coming across scam projects is during a bear season. People are very gullible this season, they are anxious to earn so much from the downtrend in the market, and as such, fall very easy for the tricks of these scammers who only seek to do anything to benefit just themselves.
abanansah

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:49:51 AM

During the market be in green, news and the hype is just to lure investors who new to the crytpocurrency world and scammers takes opportunity of such time to exploit newbies. It is that time forum members can intensify education of potential scam projects to newbies for them to learn and desist from such projects.

cak imin

Activity: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:53:55 PM

We own now can see how with a awful lot of ico present conditions which led to the scam. We must be alert, because some of them are also utilizing email and other media to deceive us.

mr.nby

Activity: 307

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:52:40 PM

I don't know if someone keeps such statistics, but it seems that scammers conduct their activities all the time and regardless of market trends rob people. During the bull run they can certainly "earn" more using optimism among investors.
victory.lil

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:53:57 PM

Strange remark, I can not understand what it is connected with, probably mixed bulls with bears, because the risk as a whole is always present and completely depends on which direction you are going to play
damsix
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 46

Id Telegram : @dam_six

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 01:33:23 AM

That's why many people say that the right time to buy it is when it's red and when it's the right time to sell when it's green.
If the ICO is the same, when the ICO is done during a Bearish market and finishes when it is Bullish, the ICO is profitable.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: