Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:07:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Facebook finally taking a leap of faith with cryptos?  (Read 188 times)
AlexTF.CCN (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:55:20 PM

Some reports have surfaced that Facebook could be getting closer to adopting cryptos sooner than we think: https://cryptocoin.news/cryptocurrency/social-media-giant-weighs-up-crypto-options-19422/

Do you think they would issue their own token?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:51:12 PM

Well we know that Facebook has been in some kind of talks with steller:

https://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-is-talking-to-cryptocurrency-stellar-about-making-a-big-move-into-crypto-2018-7

But Facebook later denied that they were going to adopt steller:

https://stocksgazette.com/2018/08/12/facebook-refutes-stellar-xlm-technology-adoption/

Now to your question "Would they make their own crypto"?---I think yes!

Remember that telegram was going to do an ICO only to later cancel, I think this was do to the regulatory framework and uncertainty we still have in the USA. Once there is more clarity we may very well see huge enterprise level cryptos being created. Just the other day the bank of Thailand (BOT) announced the creation of their own crypto. What this would do to the existing crypto market is up to speculation but it would be extremely interesting nonetheless.
AlexTF.CCN (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:25:41 PM

Well we know that Facebook has been in some kind of talks with steller:

https://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-is-talking-to-cryptocurrency-stellar-about-making-a-big-move-into-crypto-2018-7

But Facebook later denied that they were going to adopt steller:

https://stocksgazette.com/2018/08/12/facebook-refutes-stellar-xlm-technology-adoption/

Now to your question "Would they make their own crypto"?---I think yes!

Remember that telegram was going to do an ICO only to later cancel, I think this was do to the regulatory framework and uncertainty we still have in the USA. Once there is more clarity we may very well see huge enterprise level cryptos being created. Just the other day the bank of Thailand (BOT) announced the creation of their own crypto. What this would do to the existing crypto market is up to speculation but it would be extremely interesting nonetheless.

That sounds quite awesome actually, let's hope so Smiley
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:32:33 PM

There are lots of rumours everywhere, some say they are going to buy coinbase, other say they are releasing their own coin. All this comes from nothing, just someone playing games by shilling nonsense about stellar and other crap. With all that money and tech they will surely release their own blockchain
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 07:46:11 PM

This would be great for crypto community as the "smart money" would be starting to come in. But I don't think they will issue their own token, none of these so called giants. There are too many risks to take for them.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:53:12 PM

There are lots of rumours everywhere, some say they are going to buy coinbase, other say they are releasing their own coin. All this comes from nothing, just someone playing games by shilling nonsense about stellar and other crap. With all that money and tech they will surely release their own blockchain

well that of course just fucking bullshit.
buying coinbase, kidding me.
need a ton of money.
i will chose the second option,
will be logic if they create their own coin self

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
Junixi

Activity: 322
Merit: 5

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:55:36 PM

Some reports have surfaced that Facebook could be getting closer to adopting cryptos sooner than we think: https://cryptocoin.news/cryptocurrency/social-media-giant-weighs-up-crypto-options-19422/

i think that such a modern company as Facebook is will take into consideration the necessity of going with the time so why not

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
SaepulMT

Activity: 699
Merit: 55

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:59:28 PM

I think Facebook to launch the token itself is not the time bro, because launching the token itself must be a long and mature thought
but this is good news, what should Facebook wait for in the future
Hopefully there will be more good news from Facebook for cryptocurrency users and suppliers
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 08:00:56 PM

Facebook will probably use blockchain technology, so there might be a native token as well but I don't think it will happen right now.

sanacaks

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 08:01:13 PM

I also think thank they will need to issue their own token. By their investment and advertisement capacity they will be popular very quick. I think they do not want to miss the train about blockchain technology Smiley

SOVREN  ─────  Trade. Pay. Borrow. Play.
Blockchain Innovation for Securities Markets
          [  https://sovren.app/  ]
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 08:35:40 PM

Im not sure if they are coming up with their own token but i read somewhere about a fb official who was interested to implement blockchain into fb platform, so we may see blockchain version of fb soon.

USDOLLAR

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:50:53 PM

A few reports have surfaced that Facebook could be drawing nearer to receiving cryptos sooner. This would be awesome for the crypto network as the "keen cash" would begin come in. Facebook will most likely utilize blockchain innovation, so there may be a local token too. With their speculation and promotion limit, they will be famous speedy.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:54:05 PM

First do not believe any centralized firms or any other sectors. It will give the right oath or faith towards the world people.

As I think these troll the cryptocurrencies at the same time they utilize the marketplace like how they handle the stock market shares under their control.
So as I suggested you do not consider these firms and keep on hold the coins in your wallet for making profit.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:59:29 PM

They can buy Coinbase and enter the crypto world in a big way. If they are not going to buy Coinbase, making their own coin makes no sense to me. They are centralized company. Running a blockchain makes no sense for a centralized company. It goes against the main principles of cryptocurrencies. What would they use their coin for?
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:02:53 PM

The social media’s ranging from Facebook to google and Instagram all favor crypto currency as a whole and
They are only wanting to protect ico investors from phishing and fraudulent icos

The social media will back crypto currency fully soon enough
MB2017

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

Diceroll.xyz

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 09:08:08 PM

Don't know what's facebook have plans regarding crypto. But big companies like Google. Amazon, Facebook, and Microsoft used to fit their eyes on the big market. They used to create opportunities for them whenever they see anything. Already Blockchain technology doing very well in the market and many markets are adopting it. Those big giants soon come with the great idea in the market of Blockchain technology.  Wink
blacktux88

Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 09:20:24 PM

facebook get suck really more ... groups or sites named of crypto have an bad time at facebook...
see forword in future if there will change something

Aniwura

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:25:42 PM

If Facebook is going to come fully into crypto, it means they will also make their own coin. Well, it is a reputable platform that has gained popularity and i think they deserve to have it.
mmacool

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:23:00 PM

I think that yes facebook will release its token. Now every top project wants to create its own token. They like everyone want to pay attention to catching the hyip while the Crypto currency is in demand
masterkiller

Activity: 643
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:44:08 PM

if they are indeed as reported, it is very likely, they will soon launch new coins that have the potential to coup old coins that already exist in the top 10 crypto ranks of the coinmarketcap version, and that is very likely to happen, because Facebook has never refused advertisements based on crypto currencies and so on

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓