Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:31:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Facebook finally taking a leap of faith with cryptos?  (Read 188 times)
Utyg

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:39:57 PM

I think it would be an interesting project. I'd love to take part in a bounty. T would write a couple of articles. You can still subscription to take. With such a large team and a promoted project, you need to know everything before.
AlexTF.CCN (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:51:52 AM

Everybody would like to take part on it! lol
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:01:49 PM

Some reports have surfaced that Facebook could be getting closer to adopting cryptos sooner than we think: https://cryptocoin.news/cryptocurrency/social-media-giant-weighs-up-crypto-options-19422/

Do you think they would issue their own token?
At this point I doubt they can get in bed with something small, they worth so much that anything small would be insignificant and not worth their time. The main two subjects of facebook on crypto could be either creating their own token which would be sold for fiat and used for facebook ads or facebook games and such, or they could buy something big like coinbase which would let them be the biggest exchange in the world.

Coinbase plus facebooks power to advertise themselves online can combine for x10 of what coinbase is today. Hence, either way they are going to get into blockchain market, either by doing their own tokens to use on their website, or get an established business.
AlexTF.CCN (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:33:18 PM

Some reports have surfaced that Facebook could be getting closer to adopting cryptos sooner than we think: https://cryptocoin.news/cryptocurrency/social-media-giant-weighs-up-crypto-options-19422/

At this point I doubt they can get in bed with something small, they worth so much that anything small would be insignificant and not worth their time. The main two subjects of facebook on crypto could be either creating their own token which would be sold for fiat and used for facebook ads or facebook games and such, or they could buy something big like coinbase which would let them be the biggest exchange in the world.

Coinbase plus facebooks power to advertise themselves online can combine for x10 of what coinbase is today. Hence, either way they are going to get into blockchain market, either by doing their own tokens to use on their website, or get an established business.

That would bring the presence of Coinbase up by x1000 ... That would be cool
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:36:05 PM

I also heard some information. Facebook is conducting a blockchain study to create their own cryptocurrency. Hopefully we will soon get the message from facebook because if facebook is involved in crypto it will help the market go up madly.
rockyfeller

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:59:25 PM

If there's a rumours then why would you think doubt on Facebook company. THey can't beat crypto in the first nor they will study the system and jump it in the next era of innovation. We are going to have a serious mass adoption if that will happen.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

Way2Paradise

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:04:16 PM

i would not support a coin from facebook. it would certainly be a big event if facebook would release its own coin, but still i would not support a coin from such a company.
AlexTF.CCN (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:02:56 AM

What if it was a stable coin? Those are pretty popular at the moment and FB sure has the money to back them up
ToniJu

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:04:59 AM

I have seen a lot of reports about Facebook. Some reports indicate that Facebook is likely to issue its own cryptocurrency. I am very confused because they are banned from crypting and issuing coins.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Bitknick

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:06:41 AM

In my opinion, their promotion in the crypto currency was obvious, and they were originally going to create their own coins!
Spotlessvillian

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:11:33 AM

This is quite awesome I think so this is a good idea. Facebook nowaday is a ver popular social media application it is wider than as we expected. Promotion and advertising is the best to promote crypto.
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:24:16 AM

long ago facebook really disliked crypto and they banned ico ads and others, but why are they now turning around? honestly they themselves did not see the opportunity in crypto and they should be able to learn from steemit.
bizzargin

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:30:35 AM

Yes, I think that Facebook will release its cryptocurrency, as the ICO sphere is still developing.
rapsa2018

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:32:18 AM

I still see more ads about cryptocurrency and still spread on facebook I think I have no problem spreading crypto on facebook to expand the crypto field.
Coinguru888

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:33:49 AM

i think that they win't miss the oppurtunity especially with that marketing power which they have.
sinkfish

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:51:20 AM

Well we know that Facebook has been in some kind of talks with steller:

https://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-is-talking-to-cryptocurrency-stellar-about-making-a-big-move-into-crypto-2018-7

But Facebook later denied that they were going to adopt steller:

https://stocksgazette.com/2018/08/12/facebook-refutes-stellar-xlm-technology-adoption/

Now to your question "Would they make their own crypto"?---I think yes!

Remember that telegram was going to do an ICO only to later cancel, I think this was do to the regulatory framework and uncertainty we still have in the USA. Once there is more clarity we may very well see huge enterprise level cryptos being created. Just the other day the bank of Thailand (BOT) announced the creation of their own crypto. What this would do to the existing crypto market is up to speculation but it would be extremely interesting nonetheless.

agreed, high possibility facebook will take the same route.
bolshojkush

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:14:50 PM

Gradually, cryptocurrencies occupy their niche and if Facebook wants to keep up with the times without losing its positions,it will have to release its cryptocurrency .

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

CAPTEZECC

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:21:17 PM

Facebook might be slow in its decision about adopting cryptocurrency, he might be looking like he is caught up in the middle, but one thing is certain, Mark is a business man and he has a very large community, it is just a matter of time he will act rigthly
Moeda

Activity: 1542
Merit: 271

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:54:50 PM

I think that is the best thing, because large online companies have turned to cryptocurrency. So the development of crypto will be faster, and the growth in prices will also be good.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Revvo1

Activity: 272

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:56:04 PM

I said it a while back that Facebook banning all crypto related matters to me is impossible. I asserted back then that all they wanted is more recognition. With development like this, I think sky is just the beginning for us.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: