Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:43:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin goes to under regulation, what will happen? Share your opinion!  (Read 1528 times)
pacman7331 (OP)

Activity: 638
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:20:22 PM

I don't know why people are waiting for the SEC Announcement! Do you think bitcoin needs regulations? SEC will be rejecting cryptocurrency continuously! But still, we are waiting for the SEC Announcement in September. Where SEC already rejected cryptocurrency a few days ago!

I really can't imagine what will happen if bitcoin goes to the under regulations! The government will take bitcoin's control, bitcoin will lose its anonymity? What will happen actually? Please share your opinion.

Thank You

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:22:14 PM

You can't control crypto, you can only trace transactions (which takes some time) and put "taxes" on them, provide rules and etc. Who will actually follow these guidelines and rules, some will, most will not. Bitcoin will never be fully regulated, because of the fundamentals of blockchain.

The SEC and U.S. government don't even know how to classify cryptos, which will ultimately come first, and under that clarification, there will be a clearer regulatory guidance. I expect this to occur within the next year or two.

What will happen is they will create a clear definition for Bitcoin, Ethereum (& ERC-20) and XRP, these rules will then accordingly be applied to the rest of cryptos, as all others fall under one of these three/four classifications.

What comes after, i coulden't tell you.
smnjms

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:24:50 PM

ARMAGEDDON!!!

Grin
arthur305

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:26:13 PM

Personally I feel it's only when cryptocurrency is regulated that's when it will possibly go mainstream as expected. Big money are scared to invest presently.
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:29:08 PM

I think bitcoin want to exist in the market also need specific regulations. This ensures the bitcoin discipline. If bitcoin is managed by the government, the higher the security rating. Investing in bitcoin will limit your risk.
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:29:37 PM

I’m not sure why the sec are always scaring newbies and forcing dumped with their so called regulation plans that’s not gonna work

I want to believe that the sec are all planned work
It is just a method to cause another bearish market and force dumps so that they can buy cheaply ahead of a bull run

It’s up to hodlers to fight and not panic as they hodl their precious gem
masterkiller

Activity: 643
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:32:52 PM

it will never happen to me, because Bicoin has become a general consumption, there will be no constitution that can regulate Bitcoin, because we all know that Bitcoin is a crypto currency that is set by peer-to-peer and without interference from anyone

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓
 ▐▓▌        ▀▀▓▌ ╟▀▓▓▌▐▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▓▓   ╔    ▓▓
 ███▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▐▓▓ ▓▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓
           ▀▀▀█▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓ ▓▓
                 ▀█▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  ▀     
                     ▄▄
BETFURY 
№1 I-GAMING PLATFORM
WITH BTC DIVIDENDS

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
     ▓▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓
 ▓▓▌ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▀ ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓ ▓ ▓  ▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▄▄▓▓ ▓▓  ▓▓█▌▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▄
▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▌▓   ▐▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▀███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▀▀▀▓▓▄▓▓▓     ▀▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▓▓
                      ▀▓▓▀▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                        ▌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                         ▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
                          ▀▀█▀▀▀▀
norcia

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:53:01 AM

Very interesting, but I think that speculation like this will continue to make the crypto market live and survive for a long time. Because if Bitcoin and other crypto start to be in government regulation, I think we will only do transactions like forex, which will no longer be of interest to many people in this community.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 02:16:14 AM

It's really difficult to regulate bitcoin. All they can regulate is exchanges based on fiat money. This would be a portion of bitcoin trade but not all.
And it would also legalise bitcoin, increasing its use and adoption. This would increase the price and off the regulation trades.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
MDIPANJAN

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:21:33 AM

I do think if there will be any regulation we'll have both positive and negative impacts.
The positive impacts will be more adoption and less manipulation.
Negative impact is it'll get less volatile, and many people will lose interest for that.
permatasai

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:28:36 AM

the problem that now often arises is the nature of bitcoin and crypto that cannot be regulated because they are decentralized without regulation and partly, and on the other hand the fear of many countries and banks is the opposite when crypto is difficult to regulate. between crypto and many countries must have a kind of mutually beneficial agreement with the regulation, I hope this regulation will make crypto be accepted and shine rather than castrated or discredited to be barren
Shikamaru

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:21:19 AM

I don't know why people are waiting for the SEC Announcement! Do you think bitcoin needs regulations? SEC will be rejecting cryptocurrency continuously! But still, we are waiting for the SEC Announcement in September. Where SEC already rejected cryptocurrency a few days ago!

I really can't imagine what will happen if bitcoin goes to the under regulations! The government will take bitcoin's control, bitcoin will lose its anonymity? What will happen actually? Please share your opinion.

Thank You

When that happens, maybe fluctuations will be very stable and it will no longer be a thing that attracts many people. But I think with some technical reasons as well as industrial interests, that won't happen, at least crypto will only survive when Bitcoin remains a mystery.
3dyx

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

https://twilight-coin.io/

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:22:46 AM

I think cryptocurrency does not require technical regulation. because cryptocurrency runs according to the system. it's just that a very important regulation is about the effects of applications that use cryotocurrency, taxes, regulations related to money laundering for example.

jingyu27

Activity: 108

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:02:15 AM

Once Bitcoin is regulated, it means that the state will have the right to control the cryptocurrency, but the essence of cryptocurrency is decentralization, so I feel that even if we want to supervise, we can't complete supervision.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:12:43 AM

The world has opted for rules and regulations for smoother and secure working possibilities, and there is nothing to fear from such regulatory authorities. Crypto too is under such scanner where it is still hard to gauge its extent and scope and limitations, hence the delay in any concrete decision. Personally i feel our world is made for progress, and no one would deliberately curtail or reject any such venture.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:38:31 AM

SEC is not rejecting cryptocurrencies! they are no one to even be able to reject anything!
what they are rejecting are bitcoin ETFs and they have nothing to do with "cryptocurrencies"!

as for regulations, bitcoin does not "go under regulations". bitcoin is a decentralized currency which literary nobody can regulate. what they can regulate is the businesses using bitcoin, the exchanges, merchants,... and they have already done it to some extent a couple of years ago. and that is only US, other countries are different. for instance bitcoin was regulated last year in Japan and was adopted as a legal way of payment.
again none of it has anything to do with altcoins. they still remain the same pump and dumps. they go up and down in a manipulated market which will never be regulated because of it.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Perqushi

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:46:45 AM

in my opinion if bitcoin has its own rules it might be better
siap86

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:02:57 AM

I don't think that will happen. A government might decide to compromise with crypto, but if they decide to use it, I will believe they prefer to make it themselves. So I think Bitcoin will still be Bitcoin, and maybe it also applies to many altcoins.
Orang Tua

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:13:04 AM

I believe in many innovations in the future, and the evolution of blockchain might make crypto closer to the government.
But I think Bitcoin will not be taken over, because the only real reason is that everyone really wants Bitcoin to remain the way it is today.
yla1974

Activity: 700
Merit: 380

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:20:49 AM

Thank You
The market is bitcoin, it is a wild west, outside the rules and laws. There is only code, and it is the law. Neither the government nor their bodies can change this. Yes, there are manipulators and speculators, so they create a news background that would move the market. But this only affects people who do not understand the essence of the bitcoin project. Bitcoin must be outside the legal field of states, his fate is P2P.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: