Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:26:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Kind of Technology Will Be Most Valuable in the Near Future?  (Read 190 times)
goldSkylark (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:43:35 AM

Which of these technologies have the most impact, or are most valuable in the near future: Blockchain, AI or Virtual/Augmented Reality?

Let’s do a reality check, shall we? First --bitcoin is certainly shaking things up in the financial world. Is it here to stay and is blockchain truly, a revolutionary technology that would disrupt many industries? Second, for AI, machine learning has already begun and automation of almost everything cannot be avoided. Lastly, AR/VR –although not mainstream yet, have proven to have a tremendous positive impact on video gaming, business, education and beyond.
What do you think? Feel free to rank the technologies according to relevance.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 01:50:06 AM

Which of these technologies have the most impact, or are most valuable in the near future: Blockchain, AI or Virtual/Augmented Reality?

Let’s do a reality check, shall we? First --bitcoin is certainly shaking things up in the financial world. Is it here to stay and is blockchain truly, a revolutionary technology that would disrupt many industries? Second, for AI, machine learning has already begun and automation of almost everything cannot be avoided. Lastly, AR/VR –although not mainstream yet, have proven to have a tremendous positive impact on video gaming, business, education and beyond.

technology relating to

1. brainwashing people

2. creating and maintaining valuesources.

but in general it will and always was a mixture of technology.

crypto will destroy globalisation vastly i am afraid.

goldSkylark (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:59:29 AM

technology relating to

1. brainwashing people

2. creating and maintaining valuesources.

but in general it will and always was a mixture of technology.

crypto will destroy globalisation vastly i am afraid.

I'm interested to know more about your perspective. Why do you think technology involves the brainwashing of people? Don't we still have the power to choose when it comes to technology? No one has forced us to use smartphones, or to use the internet and post on this forum. It's all still a result of our freewill, right?
And why do you think crypto will destroy globalization? Won't digital currencies make payments and transactions more secure and efficient? Would love to know your thoughts.
Woultries

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:27:05 AM

I think the most revolutionary kind of technology that will have huge huge impact on everyone on earth is something related to health/medicine. I'm referring to a technology that can instantly diagnose a disease and also instantly generate a drug specifically tailored for the diease and for the patient, all without the need of a human doctor.

IndigoRed

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:52:01 AM

I think it would be a tie between blockchain and virtual/augmented realities. There's so much talk now about how future experiences can be so immersive, we won't be able to tell what is real from what is virtual anymore. And this is no science fiction topic --there is actual evidence and a background study that can be found through the Virternity Project which is already exploring the concept. A fascinating development, don't you think?
playmain

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:17:39 AM

Killing Machine
ClassyDancer

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:20:23 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2018, 03:30:57 AM by ClassyDancer

Killing Machine

A killing machine? What about a machine that could actually extend life? I'm currently so engrossed with the topic of digital immortality. I know it sounds like a plot for a scifi novel or film, but the concept is backed up by studies. In fact, PhD researcher and VR technologist David Evans Bailey has written about. According to the Virternity Project, immortality could be achieved in the virtual realm. Interesting, right? Technology isn't as destructive as most skeptics make us believe.
geard

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:05:25 AM

You may often hear jokes about dentists, and most people don't like visiting a dentist. So what can be done if you really want to keep your teeth healthy without having to go to the dentist for frequent or periodic examinations?

Here's good news for you, that: scientists at Princeton and Tufts have developed a special tooth sensor, Tooth Sensor. This tiny, sophisticated object will be able to remind you all the time, when it starts detecting bacteria that can harm your teeth. So in the future, the possibility of tooth damage or pain is very, very minimal.
Kofiy
Copper Member

Activity: 112

Am KOFIY!

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:07:48 AM

Am of the opinion that artificial intelligence will have more influence in the nearest future than blockchain technology.

IndigoRed

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:28:01 AM

Am of the opinion that artificial intelligence will have more influence in the nearest future than blockchain technology.

So far, I've only read about AI automating certain industries and jobs. (By the way, won't AI be replacing humans in their jobs?) But can AI also address environmental issues like global warming and pollution?
goldSkylark (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:28:05 AM

Interesting. Why do you think AI will have more influence in the future? Isn't blockchain already transforming industries? Society won't refer to blockchain as a disruptive technology if it didn't have any potential.
ajrulkenz

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:09:27 AM

blockchain is a technology that is very good and useful for all fields not only financially but this needs a long step and extra struggle
playmain

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:50:49 AM

Killing Machine

A killing machine? What about a machine that could actually extend life? I'm currently so engrossed with the topic of digital immortality. I know it sounds like a plot for a scifi novel or film, but the concept is backed up by studies. In fact, PhD researcher and VR technologist David Evans Bailey has written about. According to the Virternity Project, immortality could be achieved in the virtual realm. Interesting, right? Technology isn't as destructive as most skeptics make us believe.
Oh realy.  What happen then when people imortal
ClassyDancer

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:44:21 AM

Killing Machine

Oh realy.  What happen then when people imortal

I think the better question is what can’t be done when one is immortal. Did you ever not do things because you felt “there isn’t enough time?” As an immortal you never have to worry about time running out. You can go back to school and study as may courses as you can. You can be on permanent vacation and travel the world. You can learn new skills and have different careers. You can spend forever with your loved ones. Sky’s the limit, actually.

IndigoRed

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:55:56 AM

Have you heard of biohacking?
This topic begins to appear more and more in the press and Internet. I think in the coming years we will hear a lot of new things about it and accordingly people will start investing money in it.

I just looked up biohacking. Wow. Some people are altering their DNA? Is longevity the end goal for this? Because I've been reading about technologies that would aid in it as well. Some are even exploring the concept of digital immortality. Have you heard about it?
Winston Tate

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:07:55 AM

Teleportation. I need it when I go out from the bar, full of drinks and want to go home instantly  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: