Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:37:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merits for non English speakers  (Read 284 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 08:34:01 AM

I've still got a big bag of sMerits to give away, and I want to help those of you who don't have English as your first language. I started the Fit to Talk English project a while ago, but it seems that not many Bitcoin Talk members are taking advantage of it at the moment.
This thread that was submitted a while ago, was a good merit earner for those who supported it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4605291.0

With the world in turmoil at the moment, and fiat currencies collapsing all over the place, there is ample scope for members who are affected by these problems to create good information threads to help English speakers to understand some of the world problems. I understand that you can buy a chicken for 1/4oz of silver in Venezuela. Is this an emerging trend in other countries, please tell us about it, and if you need help to tidy up your English before you start a thread in this forum, then we can help you at Fit to Talk.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gembul0705

Activity: 168
Merit: 24

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 09:05:48 AM

How i can join for this project because my english is bad maybe i can get solve my english problem with join it?is username must same with btt forum to?
cruelmes

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:02:39 AM

I just register
Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 12:29:22 PM

Thanks to the three of you who have joined, and I've authorised you, so you just need to cofirm via the email acceptance letter. We insist that you use your Bitcoin Talk name to avoid any risk of accusations of plagiarism.

Have a look through the threads, and you can make an introductory post, or a local interest post to get started. Don't worry about your English, just have a go, and we will tidy it up for you. In fact we don't mind if you use Google to help you. Whilst you shouldn't do this in the Bitcoin Talk forum, the idea on Fit to Talk English is to get you started with your English. If you do use Google translate, then read through the translation, and see how much you understand. One tip is to translate it back into your local language, and see how different the re-translation is. This can often give you a clue as to some of the ambiguities in English.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
elbimbo012

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:12:07 PM

What type of information I can get to improve my language literacy? Are there enough reading materials there just like how oxford books being written?

I just want lessons that shows
How to use "xx" properly, something like that.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:38:21 PM

What type of information I can get to improve my language literacy? Are there enough reading materials there just like how oxford books being written?

Yes there are quite a few guides on there about using specific words.
If you want help particularly, pm me or jet and we'll try to post something if we consider it useful.
Helana

Activity: 80
Merit: 71

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:06:22 PM

You just need to go to the Fit to Talk project and join it. You will find all kind of interests tools and people willing to help you to improve your posting behaviour in here. So just don' t be lazy, if you actually desire to improve your skills, I can guarantee, that's a nice way of doing so. For instance, they did help me with this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4945309.msg44568178#msg44568178

I wasn' t sure on how to explain such an intrinsic idea and they just put me in the nice direction.
mightwalker

Activity: 266
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 06:35:51 PM

It seems this is a good chance for non-English speakers like me can improve writing skill as well as state our opinion about a specific topic. It is interesting.

imusify.com ❰        Award winning blockchain music platform        ❱ imusify.com
cruelmes

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:37:33 PM

I am sory but what to do after Joined the forum.  please guide me
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:23:41 AM

I am sory but what to do after Joined the forum "."  please guide me .

I will leave the question to Jetcash but you should at least use the spelling checker. Wrong spellings of common words are a big turn off if you are reading someone. Just start with small sentences and make sure you are putting punctuation marks correctly. Like you used full stop "." instead of question mark "?" in first sentence and did not end the second sentence with full stop .

I am alive
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 06:14:03 AM

The Fit to Talk English project was created to help non-English speakers take part in the English sections of the forum. I hoped that we could gain some valuable insights into the emerging world of the crypto-currencies that will replace the dying fiat currencies. The first significant example is the Venezuelan Petro, and whilst this may have trouble in gaining acceptance, it is a precursor to the flood that will appear over the next few years. Bitcoin Talk has many members in countries that will be in the forefront of this revolution, and many of them do not have English as their first language. I believe that Bitcoin Talk will be the poorer without contributions from these members.

I am also of the belief that Bitcoin Talk will have to shake off its image as a trading ground for bounty spammers, and other discredited revenue sources from the crypto underworld. I don't approve of bot use to promote threads or posters, and I have recently had to moderate a post featuring this practice. The explanation of my moderation is quoted below.

Quote from: Talk Merit
The primary purpose of this forum is to improve the quality of posting in the Bitcoin Talk forum. Possibly the greatest problem faced by BT at the moment is signature spamming by bounty hunters, and the unfortunate reputation that BT has gained as an income source derived from low end activities in the crypto world. Bot promotions of threads and members is destroying some great platforms like Steemit, and we don't want to see this happen to the Bitcoin Talk forum. BT is the original Bitcoin information exchange platform, and I hope it will grow as government crypto-currencies such as the Petro emerge. To remain a credible platform, it needs to distance itself from the swamp of the alt coin scams.

The forum is there to help people to improve their English, and hopefully that includes modern Internet English, as well as the purer forms. Obviously if you are working on a post to start a thread in this forum (Bitcoin Talk), then it needs to be crypto related, or of interest to readers of the political board. If you are just chatting to improve your English, then there are a variety of boards that allow for a wide range of topics, and these include cooking,cars, traditional dances and many other subjects. It is even possible to post in your native language, and use Google to translate your post. We can then work on this to help you to create a post that will be of benefit to readers of this forum.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
cruelmes

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:54:36 AM

I am sory but what to do after Joined the forum "."  please guide me .

I will leave the question to Jetcash but you should at least use the spelling checker. Wrong spellings of common words are a big turn off if you are reading someone. Just start with small sentences and make sure you are putting punctuation marks correctly. Like you used full stop "." instead of question mark "?" in first sentence and did not end the second sentence with full stop .

Noted
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 03:57:35 PM

I am sory but what to do after Joined the forum.  please guide me

Once Jet Cash approves you, I'd suggest you take a look at this board: https://fittotalk.com/english-talk/index.php?board=11.0
or this one: https://fittotalk.com/english-talk/index.php?board=28.0 and see if you can post in them with anything useful.
Alone055

Activity: 1050
Merit: 204

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 04:58:25 PM

English is not my first language as well, but fortunately, I have started to learn English when I was very young, and now I can, at least, speak/write good enough English that anyone can easily understand what I'm trying to say.
What you started is a very good thing to help the people that are in need of this, and I think anyone, having difficulties in speaking/writing English, should take advantage of that as that can really help them build up their posts in the forum, and it would definitely help them off-forum as well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: