Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:50:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New EOS Bug Steals Resources Directly From Users  (Read 218 times)
o_e_l_e_o (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:37:52 AM

https://blocklr.com/news/eos-bug-stealing-ram-from-users/

So we can add that to the following list of EOS "features":

Accounts can be frozen with no notice or recourse
Funds can be confiscated with no notice or recourse
Transactions can be reversed with no notice or recourse
Centralized
Double spending
5% inflation

At this point, you have to be wilfully ignorant to buy, own or hold EOS. EOS is an embarrassment. Sell this scam coin ASAP.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clarkt

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:43:12 AM

I want to believe the issue raised about  EOS is actually true considering the feature that were listed as some of the compelling reasons to buy EOS. Although,  most of these EOS features are based on forward looking statement,  now we can see that EOS is a  risky coin to hold!

o_e_l_e_o (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:33:37 PM

Risky is the wrong word. Bitcoin is a risky coin to hold. Most altcoins are very risky to hold. EOS is downright stupid to hold at this point. It doesn't have a single good quality about it.
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:41:56 PM

Centralized
Double spending
5% inflation

At this point, you have to be wilfully ignorant to buy, own or hold EOS. EOS is an embarrassment. Sell this scam coin ASAP.

I didnt expect anything better out of larimer project. He has a good record in not finishing projects that he starts. Invested in bitshares and angelshares. That was a big mistake. Never again
Laxus215

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:52:57 PM

Centralized
Double spending
5% inflation

This are not yet complete list of security flaws there are more to come & they are offering handsome amounts for bug bounty hunters to identify & resolve the same. But this RAM space issue is bigger and curious to see which solution they will bring to solve this issue.

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:07:15 PM

EOS is downright stupid to hold at this point. It doesn't have a single good quality about it.
It ain't downright stupid to hold it at this point, I will rather describe the status of holding it as a level above very risky because I can still see anyone profiting from holding it short term but the risk of losing it is so high. Either way, for now, EOS team have thought of a temporary fix for holders to keep their valuable RAM and resources and let's see if this project will really turn into a scam or not.
elosi

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:50:44 PM

Centralized
Double spending
5% inflation

That's the more when I see people comparing eth and eos, I normally go in favor of eth, eos still have a long way to go, they still have enough to prove to the entire community that they can compete with eth, for now, i am not holding anyone and I will always choose eth
o_e_l_e_o (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:21:32 PM

eos still have a long way to go, they still have enough to prove to the entire community that they can compete with eth

They've proven time and time again, beyond all reasonable doubt, that not only can they not compete with ETH, they can barely even call themselves a crypto. They go against everything crypto stands for - decentralization, complete control of your own funds, deflationary, etc.

EOS is worse than a fiat bank with zero regulations.
TheBitcoinBadger10

Activity: 261

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:55:22 PM

This is really sad to see EOS like this. I used to like EOS but now I think the best decision will be to avoid it. It has lost its reputation as an investment friendly token. One may face much trouble from here as they do not give any prior notice before taking any step.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 01:01:43 PM

Look, eventually all these bugs will be fixed. I mean if we're being honest, ETH also had its fair share of issues when they first launched.
That said, I've not invested in EOS myself, nor do I see myself invest in it in the near future.

cryptogalaxy789

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:09:22 PM

From last few months EOS is not in a good condition. So yes it will be better for us to not invest their right now. But it’s not true that it is an embarrassment. Hope that they will recover it very soon.
Luckycoins999

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:39:36 PM

That's not a good news. The EOS bug can easily still valuable network resources from users. The EOS website has temporarily disabled gameplay and they have taken their site offline to prevent further attack. Let's see what happens next.
crypto-bit456

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:58:58 PM

Right now the market for EOS is not favorable at all right now. Risky would be an understatement for it. It would be unwise to invest in EOS now.
LedrookETH

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:03:45 PM

I don’t prefer to hold EOS in anytime not only for this security issue. It has a long way to go for become successful. For long term trading it’s not a good coin to hold. I prefer ETH more rather than EOS.
SlashEject

Activity: 219

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:07:39 PM

I don’t understand why people invest on this coin. I don’t find any good quality to trade in long term with this. And obviously it’s a risky coin to hold now. People shouldn’t keep any expectation on it.
bitcoinminer566

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:25:48 PM

EOS was nothing but a hyped up coin. And right now, investing in it will not be a wise option at all. Even people are calling it a shit coin. So just steer clear from it.
LedrookETH

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:25:54 PM

If I hold coin for losing it then what is the meaning of holding this coin. No one should invest in this kind of projects. It maybe sometimes gives a quick profit but most of the time investors just face huge loss.
o_e_l_e_o (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:33:44 PM

Look, eventually all these bugs will be fixed. I mean if we're being honest, ETH also had its fair share of issues when they first launched.

Sure, they can fix the bugs. But the entire design of EOS is to hand complete and utter control to the Block Producers, with absolutely zero oversight on their ability to seize your coins and freeze your accounts, all while printing more EOS out of thin air every day to "reward" them for holding this control.

That's not a bug. That's a so-called "feature". You can't patch that.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:05:51 PM

That's not a bug. That's a so-called "feature". You can't patch that.
Maybe they need another round of ICO for another $4 billion in order to patch the bugs. Just kidding. The problem with EOS and similar coins is that you cannot solve fundamental problems by throwing money at developers, not if the idea is flawed from the start. It doesn't work that way. All it takes is just one genius who can outperform teams and teams of developers.
sidneycrypto6

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:08:55 PM

Investing in EOS is a huge no right now. The only reason the coin got this limelight is solely because of the hype it created in the market. Investing further in this coin will bring nothing but trouble.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: