Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:04:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New report on wash trading scares me  (Read 640 times)
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:43:59 AM
Merited by ricardobs (2)

Hey guys, so i've read a new report on how much of the exchanges volumes are just wash trading and the numbers are way too high for what real users do>.

This is pretty concerning, since the market might not be nearly as stable and mature as we think, it might all be manipulated.
What do you think of the current state of big exchanges and price manipulations that we experience?

my source: https://www.blockchaintransparency.org/reports/

Everything in this world is being manipulated by some powerful people out there. So, the crypto market is not all different from it and it is more prone to manipulation since it is decentralized.
Agreed, we may want to hide away from it, or possibly just not decide to pay any attention to it, but the fact remains that one way or the other, the big cats are always around the corner, squashing the small rats. Manipulation is even more prone in a space where regulation is not even available, and everyone is pleased to do whatever they like without any repercussion at least for now.

Some of the things we get to see here are just some things we cannot see in regulated markets obviously. The volatility is still there anyway, but I guess it is still one of the things we will get to contend with for the mean time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
valentine401

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:07:17 AM

Hey guys, so i've read a new report on how much of the exchanges volumes are just wash trading and the numbers are way too high for what real users do>.

This is pretty concerning, since the market might not be nearly as stable and mature as we think, it might all be manipulated.
What do you think of the current state of big exchanges and price manipulations that we experience?

What do you mean by "stable and mature"?
What are the factors that make a market stable and mature?There's no such thing as a stable market.The markets are always unstable,that's how traders make their profit.I'm pretty sure that a big percentage of the crypto trading is run by trading bots and there's nothing wrong with that.The are rumors about market manipulation and fake trading volumes since the creating of cryptocurrency exchange platforms.
I don't think that anyone can do anything to stop them from manipulating the crypto prices.

The price of cryptocurrency in the market will never become stable because there are a lot of people who are selling and investing depending on the situation so you should always expect drastic changes.
Ponti

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:40:13 AM

Wow, thank you for such an interesting link! However don’t overreact so much, i think if we look at traditional stock markets we might see the same thing. May be in lower scale, but if you read financial news and follow the financial markets there are some manipulations that happen all the time. Financial markets including "baby" crypto might try to be transparent, but that will never happen to an absolute extent, as there will always be entities that will try to manipulate the market, following their own benefit.

.BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:51:25 AM

It is no longer news that the market is manipulated in a lot of ways. This is a decentralized space and there is no regulation in place that would be able to put manipulators in check and the big guys are always going to be there to do their thing to make as much as possible.

Nevertheless, there is nothing much to worry about if there is manipulation or not, what is important is that once we start seeing real life usage of bitcoin being used in form of a currency and people start seeing the real value, a lot of things will change.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:40:14 AM

Wow, thank you for such an interesting link! However don’t overreact so much, i think if we look at traditional stock markets we might see the same thing. May be in lower scale, but if you read financial news and follow the financial markets there are some manipulations that happen all the time. Financial markets including "baby" crypto might try to be transparent, but that will never happen to an absolute extent, as there will always be entities that will try to manipulate the market, following their own benefit.
You are not wrong! Sure, there are some few manipulations since there are the big whales in any market anyway, but we also have to understand that something’s that can be done in this market and some would go scot free is not something you will do in stock market and go free with it since it is a regulated market and you would not want to do something that would land you in jail as manipulation is a serious offense.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:56:09 AM

I see that there is hundred percent some sort of the manipulation going on all the time and this is not going to stop ever. The exchangers are always thought to be bug manipulator of the prices as they are themselves holding big chunks of coins and thus as the users go on buying and selling these coins they make perfect money by getting it from the purchase and selling fees given by the users. Now no one will believe on this fact but lets just see the maths. There are more than 10k users on any single exchanger and they makes more than thousands of dollars transaction every day and thus pour huge money on the exchangers wallets. Why would not they will manipulate the prices if they want to earn more from this.  Wink
Airbuxf

Activity: 257
Merit: 32

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:16:34 PM

I can agree that there are some manipulated volume statistics on certain exchanges for the marketing sake. Exchanges are not that much reliable and better not hold your coins on them.
bitcoinrays

Activity: 438
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:08:30 AM

I wouldn’t like to sound selfish, but the main important thing is if it’s beneficial to the majority. (both me and you). So whatever it is they are doing by manipulating the market, it’s left for us to be very much careful on how we deal with this. This is why some people are fighting for regulation, but trust me, if there should be regulations and government should take over, the it’s probably going to be worst.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:03:45 AM

This has been like this for years now, none of the exchanges you see right now neither the ones that has been running for years had the same amount of volume they advertised.

Volume is what makes an exchange big or small, what makes them known and heard from people and the higher your volume is the higher number of people hear your name and come looking for, since we can't really know which one is doing it how much I have stopped looking at volume for selecting my exchange.

I just go with the most known from what I hear on forums and chats and go with that. Now binance may not be the best website out there or even have highest volume, I wouldn't know if its true or not, however I know everyone knows them and they are very known so I use them.
Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498
Merit: 502

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 11:48:35 AM

What do you mean by "stable and mature"?
What are the factors that make a market stable and mature?There's no such thing as a stable market.The markets are always unstable,that's how traders make their profit.I'm pretty sure that a big percentage of the crypto trading is run by trading bots and there's nothing wrong with that.The are rumors about market manipulation and fake trading volumes since the creating of cryptocurrency exchange platforms.
I don't think that anyone can do anything to stop them from manipulating the crypto prices.

The price of cryptocurrency in the market will never become stable because there are a lot of people who are selling and investing depending on the situation so you should always expect drastic changes.
Apart from people investing, selling and all that you have said, it is not news that manipulation is bound in this market most especially for the fact that it is decentralized.
You think what we saw last year was a normal level of demand, no way! That was a manipulated pump and some news has been raised so far on wash trading, spoofing and some other forms of manipulation in the market which normally would not have been the case if the market is regulated.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:47:12 PM

Yes some months before,it was complained that Bithumb a big Korean exchange did wash trading to manipulate the price of Bcash and it was the reason for such a high price of Bcash reached at that time challenging bitcoin.It is illegal but it's done by some exchanges.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
lehuong

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:51:32 PM

The highest price in the day was $ 6,536, the lowest price was $ 6,409. A common explanation for the market crash yesterday was the result of Goldman Sachs's abandonment of the plan to offer technical trading counters number.
valentine401

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:57:15 PM

The highest price in the day was $ 6,536, the lowest price was $ 6,409. A common explanation for the market crash yesterday was the result of Goldman Sachs's abandonment of the plan to offer technical trading counters number.

The market prices is based on supply and demand so obviously it was volatile, and we also needs this volatility in order to earn profit in the future, it was better to always read news regarding cryptocurrency growth to determine the future prices.
strideynet

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:16:57 PM

big exchanges are not something to watch out for at the moment. since both sides are large buyers who may be trying to mislead
drgomez89

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:54:45 PM

I Hope all the regulation of the crypto currency comes quickly because all the inestability atound here id the main reason investor run away from good proyects all around the world the one Who are here because id the easy acceso yo the world Of new opportunities borning everydatto new proyects And the development of the new era which is already here

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:01:53 AM

Its hard to say that market being manipulated because cryptocurrency is decentralized and no one can control the supply and we know price always determined by supply and demand.
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 02:18:53 AM

Will,in this situation only things that we can do is hoping thats this are not true and this wash trading are not happen,because the first affected are us lowest investor of cryptocurrency,especially now thay market is still bleeding  the more the exchanges manipulate the price,the more we are loosing value of our profit,therefore we should aware into this scenario because many low traders have been affected.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:08:30 PM

Its hard to say that market being manipulated because cryptocurrency is decentralized and no one can control the supply and we know price always determined by supply and demand.
Sure, the fact that it is a decentralized market and the fact that there is absolutely no regulation yet in place that would really bring about any serious discipline to the market or people tending to not do things however they like or going against some rules such as market manipulations, we will keep having this market manipulated until that regulation is in place.

Most of the things we get to see in this market are something that is not possible to see in the stock market as that can be extremely not so good for whoever tries to manipulate the market either knowingly or unknowingly, and I believe in the long term, this is something we will get to see here.
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:10:52 PM

Will,in this situation only things that we can do is hoping thats this are not true and this wash trading are not happen,because the first affected are us lowest investor of cryptocurrency,especially now thay market is still bleeding  the more the exchanges manipulate the price,the more we are loosing value of our profit,therefore we should aware into this scenario because many low traders have been affected.
Obviously, the lower ones down the chain who are actually looking for ways to get rich quicker and normally the ones who at the end of the day, usually get to panic easily due to some market movement downward or pretty much join FOMO when the market is moving up speedily. This is a decentralized market and before we will get to start seeing the possibility of regulations, I am sure the whales and institutions would have made the weak hands suffer for it by making them to sell at loss most of the time and making people to get greedy so they can keep increasing their stash.
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:16:55 PM

I was surprised as well, some of the exchanges 'wash trade' their volume tens or hundreds times on a daily basis (the most gruesome example is LBank overstating its volume 4400 times according to the research). It might not be critical for trading during quiet days but you don't want to be inside such a market when volatility spikes.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: