Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:41:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: U.S President Trump: Google ‘rigged’ search results, ‘illegal’ censorship.  (Read 1781 times)
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:16:44 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2018, 06:05:45 AM by First77

U.S President Trump says Google ‘rigged’ search results, ‘illegal’ censorship. Vows to take action

President Donald Trump has accused search giant Google of deliberately highlighting negative news about his administration, and “controlling what we can and cannot see.” Trump vowed that the situation “will be addressed.”

“Google search results for ‘Trump News’ shows only the viewing/reporting of Fake New Media. In other words, they have it RIGGED, for me & others, so that almost all stories & news is BAD,” the president exclaimed via Twitter on Tuesday morning.

https://www.rt.com/usa
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:43:26 PM

U.S President Trump claims Google ‘rigged’ search results, ‘illegal’ censorship. Vows to take action

President Donald Trump has accused search giant Google of deliberately highlighting negative news about his administration, and “controlling what we can and cannot see.” Trump vowed that the situation “will be addressed.”

“Google search results for ‘Trump News’ shows only the viewing/reporting of Fake New Media. In other words, they have it RIGGED, for me & others, so that almost all stories & news is BAD,” the president exclaimed via Twitter on Tuesday morning.

It's not important who speaks about facts, even if it is the president of the united states of america... present reality can't be changed by the word of anyone.

Trump is fully right, look at what they did when you searched hitlary during the election...

Why was eric schmidt fired?

According to Lapinski, it is notable that Schmidt's resignation was announced mere hours after US President Donald Trump issued an executive order that blocks transactions of the property of persons involved in human rights abuses, human trafficking and corruption.

During the 2016 US presidential race, Schmidt played an instrumental role in Hillary Clinton's campaign, acting as what Lapinski called a "CTO" of the campaign. This became known when Clinton campaign chair John Podesta's emails were shared on WikiLeaks. The emails revealed Schmidt secretly funded the Groundwork Foundation, a top technology provider for Clinton.

so as we all know what the clinton were up to... how and more importantly why did eric supported her sooo much? Simply asking the question is already eliminating a lot of possibilities.

Google chairman wants to censor the internet for hate speech: ‘Spell check’ for terrorism is needed, says Eric Schmidt

He says doing this would 'de-escalate tensions on social media'
    But failed to provide any concrete plans on ways this could be done
    It follows an announcement by the White House that it is talking with technology firms to take 'common sense' measures to prevent terrorism
    For more of the latest Google news visit www.dailymail.co.uk/google

Technology groups have a duty to combat terrorism using tools such as a hate speech 'spell checker', according to Google chairman, Eric Schmidt.

could anyone please explain me how you fight terrorism with censorship? I mean those fine gentlemen know exactly what they do, what they want and for what reason, and you want me to be dumb enough to believe the shit that mr schidt says because he has a billionaire? sooo stuuuupid.

this one is interesting : http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/07/eric-schimdt-penthouse-new-york-photos-apartment.html

what ever anyway...

https://yacy.net/en/index.html

once upon a time I tried to make it work... but didn't persevere enough to see a result... but again it's a promising interesting idea...

I am curious who but the guilty can say that trump is wrong on this issue? no need to be able to make yacy work to understand it...

then what I found really surpising was the reaction of some google employees when they were given the chance to participate in the IA awarness developement... how righteous they pretend to be like...

like bill clinton during his payback speech I guess...

it is sad how a few traitors disposed at critical point can control or at least sabotage entire operations and billions of hours of work... but I guess it's inexperience from the management, specially if they believe that censoring speech is the way to oppose the jihad.

but the truth is some what more sinister, about protecting some dirty secrets... what is yaci knowing that google doesn't display (because it logs everything it can:)).

how to save google? the first step is to understand what is going on, who is black mailed, who has dirt on whom, and what are the real allegiance inside the company... at least it is always possible to revert to an old snapshot of the code before the agents of hillary and her gangs skewed the results...

and maybe see about the issue about demonetization, I am sorry but I am sure that some non globalists affiliated small brands would love to advertize on all channels, and refusing them to be able to generate ads revenues is a crime against the shareholders... there isn't only P&G and pepsi in life...

and use bookmarks... no need to query the loggers.

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 08:42:28 PM

That's disappointing. I was quite sure that Trump uses Bing.
vy99

Activity: 126
Merit: 25

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:05:23 PM

U.S President Trump claims Google ‘rigged’ search results, ‘illegal’ censorship. Vows to take action

First of all Google uses algorithms that can't be rigged...they can be swayed by popular searches but it's not rigged internally.

Secondly, Google is a private company so they can do whatever they want. If they were publicly-owned then they have a responsibility to be impartial but as a private company then can do/say whatever they want.

I'm not cool enough to have a fancy signature so you're stuck reading this
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:26:23 PM

First of all Google uses algorithms that can't be rigged...they can be swayed by popular searches but it's not rigged internally.

Secondly, Google is a private company so they can do whatever they want. If they were publicly-owned then they have a responsibility to be impartial but as a private company then can do/say whatever they want.

I've definitely seen rigged Google results. It's been noted on this forum in the past. But certainly you can not say "xyz uses algorithms that can't be rigged" unless you can present the algorithms for examination and prove that those were the routines used for a given search. You can do neither.

On your second claim I'm quite dubious.

Please take a moment to review this snip. It's exactly when an internet service starts to EDIT communications it is acting as an "Internet Content Provider", and it no longer has the immunity provided under the Communications Decency Act (USA law https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_230_of_the_Communications_Decency_Act)

In February 2012, the Ninth Circuit decided in THE FOLLOWING 2008 RULING, that Roommates.com did not violate the FHA because Roommate selection is protected under the first amendment and dismissed the case. This decision did not find the prior 2008 ruling to be reversed Fair Housing Council of San Fernando Valley v. Roommate.com, LLC, 2012 WL 310849 (9th Cir. February 2, 2012).
Fair Housing Council of San Fernando Valley v. Roommates.com, LLC, 521 F.3d 1157 (9th Cir. 2008) (en banc).[57]

The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals rejected immunity for the Roommates.com roommate matching service for claims brought under the federal Fair Housing Act[58] and California housing discrimination laws.[59] The court concluded that the manner in which the service elicited information from users concerning their roommate preferences (by having dropdowns specifying gender, presence of children, and sexual orientation), and the manner in which it utilized that information in generating roommate matches (by eliminating profiles that did not match user specifications), the matching service created or developed the information claimed to violate the FHA, and thus was responsible for it as an "information content provider."

vy99

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:37:57 PM

I've definitely seen rigged Google results. It's been noted on this forum in the past. But certainly you can not say "xyz uses algorithms that can't be rigged" unless you can present the algorithms for examination and prove that those were the routines used for a given search. You can do neither.

The question is, is what you're seeing "rigged" from Google themselves or is the algorithm being manipulated externally? Because it's definitely possible to do the latter. If I make a post saying "Keanu Reeves is the best actor" and I'm able to send it around and people share it and link it around then in a couple weeks when someone types "who is the best actor?" into Google, Keanu Reeves will pop up. It doesn't mean that it was rigged internally from Google, it just means the algorithm was manipulated.

Trump seems to think it's Google doing it themselves but I don't think that's the case. I'm not taking any political sides but we know that there's a LOT of negative articles about Trump so of course Google's algorithms are gonna put those higher than any of the good articles written about him. That's just how it works.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:43:29 PM

The question is, is what you're seeing "rigged" from Google themselves or is the algorithm being manipulated externally? Because it's definitely possible to do the latter. If I make a post saying "Keanu Reeves is the best actor" and I'm able to send it around and people share it and link it around then in a couple weeks when someone types "who is the best actor?" into Google, Keanu Reeves will pop up. It doesn't mean that it was rigged internally from Google, it just means the algorithm was manipulated.

Trump seems to think it's Google doing it themselves but I don't think that's the case. I'm not taking any political sides but we know that there's a LOT of negative articles about Trump so of course Google's algorithms are gonna put those higher than any of the good articles written about him. That's just how it works.

This is an interesting question because otherwise intelligent people are willing to BELIEVE that Google is impartial, or they are not.

Neither you or I would accept that with a random number generator in a crypto program we use to create private keys. We would require it to be open source and subject to review.

Now, having said that, let me ask a simple question. What do you KNOW, versus what do you BELIEVE?

Side note: We KNOW Twitter and Facebook act against conservative writers, it is not a belief.

vy99

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:52:56 PM

This is an interesting question because otherwise intelligent people are willing to BELIEVE that Google is impartial, or they are not.

Neither you or I would accept that with a random number generator in a crypto program we use to create private keys. We would require it to be open source and subject to review.

Now, having said that, let me ask a simple question. What do you KNOW, versus what do you BELIEVE?

Well I can't sit here and pretend I KNOW 100% about Google but I do have experience with their algorithms and I've seen first-hand how it can be manipulated. If someone puts in enough effort and money they can easily change the search results to suit their needs.

If I'm Trump I wouldn't be worried so much about Google the company I'd be looking into who/what is behind the search manipulation (if there's anyone).

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 11:16:52 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

I would be far more worried if Google attempted to be "impartial" by giving some sort of "equalization" to e.g. bad and good news on a certain topic.

Side note: We KNOW Twitter and Facebook act against conservative writers, it is not a belief.

Who's "we"? This sounds very much like a belief unless you can provide data and stats (not anecdotes) to support that. I have a feeling though that just like with Google, it's not really possible for an outsider to obtain such proof. However you (or "we") can choose a different platform or search engine to use - one that is neutral, or even one that favors conservative writers, if that's what you prefer.
First77 (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 01:02:33 AM

Well I can't sit here and pretend I KNOW 100% about Google but I do have experience with their algorithms and I've seen first-hand how it can be manipulated. If someone puts in enough effort and money they can easily change the search results to suit their needs.  If I'm Trump I wouldn't be worried so much about Google the company I'd be looking into who/what is behind the search manipulation (if there's anyone).

Google may not be scam but yesterday U.S President said  "google search results are bad and unreliable. Good websites are not shown in top 10 of google".

In other words of U.S President 'do not use google.com"
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 06:48:32 AM

He can't use his brain correctly then why should someone blame him about accusing everyone of censoring him!
Trump act like this :
1- This person/organisation spread good news about me and think I am good then I will like it.
2- This person/organisation doesn't support me publicly or criticised me or is talking about my shameful storieS then I will attack it at every opportunity. Comey, Jeff Sessions, Mueller, CNN, Google... The list is still getting bigger and bigger...

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Kofiy
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

Am KOFIY!

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:42:24 AM

If this claim is true, what can the president do? Can he sue Google ?

Brian_Hunt

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:45:17 AM

Tech giants are actually getting too powerful in recent times. Though, Trump's word can't be taken for what it is. We still cannot deny the possible presence of some truth in these allegations. It is no news that the media has deliberately targeted Trump even from the onset of his campaign. And I wouldn't be surprised if the tech world has joined as most of them have been very vocal in criticizing him. He has however made himself a very easy prey too. But when he says he will take action, what does he have in mind? Is he going to sue the company? Or is he hoping to sign some new executive order concerning censorship on the internet? Grin
vy99

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 03:41:45 PM

Well I can't sit here and pretend I KNOW 100% about Google but I do have experience with their algorithms and I've seen first-hand how it can be manipulated. If someone puts in enough effort and money they can easily change the search results to suit their needs.  If I'm Trump I wouldn't be worried so much about Google the company I'd be looking into who/what is behind the search manipulation (if there's anyone).

Google may not be scam but yesterday U.S President said  "google search results are bad and unreliable. Good websites are not shown in top 10 of google".

In other words of U.S President 'do not use google.com"

Do you always do what the President tells you to do?

First77 (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 03:42:52 PM

He can't use his brain correctly then why should someone blame him about accusing everyone of censoring him!

google search results could be rigged to give boost to google adsense websites or google results are bad and unreliable.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 04:30:35 PM

google search results could be rigged to give boost to google adsense websites or google results are bad and unreliable.

I agree, Google has some limit and even some censorship but this isn't the spirit of what Trump is seeking. The worst POTUS wants to see people blindly supporting him, as said before he wants loyal citizens just like any other dictator. Hopefully, we aren't anymore in 1939...

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
First77 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:17:06 AM

I agree, Google has some limit and even some censorship but this isn't the spirit of what Trump is seeking. The worst POTUS wants to see people blindly supporting him, as said before he wants loyal citizens just like any other dictator. Hopefully, we aren't anymore in 1939...

Google tracking users & using it for adsense/google ads ??

I was on real estate website magicbricks.com and I searched for "panvel navi mumbai". Next day when I was on other websites, I was getting google ads for "magicbricks panvel properties". The same happened to me after my search on amazon.com for chairs, clothes etc..
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:34:40 AM

Try it yourself.

Type into Google "Hillary Clinton cri" and check the results of the autocomplete.

Then try "Trump cri".

Then try Yahoo and Bing. The bias is right there.  Right out in the open.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 01:05:47 AM

Try it yourself.

Type into Google "Hillary Clinton cri" and check the results of the autocomplete.

Then try "Trump cri".

Then try Yahoo and Bing. The bias is right there.  Right out in the open.

Or perhaps autocomplete reflects what people are searching for most often. But that wouldn't make a good conspiracy theory.

BTW I got "Hillary Clinton cries" and "Trump Crimea" so not sure what your point really is.
First77 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:59:05 AM

Do you always do what the President tells you to do?

Stock markets do what U.S President tells them to do. Google, Facebook, Apple Inc. Amazon going back to $200 billion
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: