Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:59:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it just me or everyone is concerned?  (Read 714 times)
amphibian (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:00:18 PM

For quite sometime now I have been secretly praying and hoping that Bitcoin doesn’t rush with this upward trend.
I do not think the miners will be able to keep supporting bitcoin mining if the price goes below 6000$.
Hopefully my prayers seem to have been answered as I can see an organic in bitcoin value to 7000$ for a while. Do you think this is an organic rise in bitcoin value and is it likely to remain within the ranges of 7000$ without dropping? Share your emotions and opinions guys!
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:06:27 PM
Merited by tee-rex (1)

if miners can't make ends meet in case of a price drop then they will shut down their miners. but this is not something that happens for all of them. only some miners are affected and as a result only some of them shut down their miners while others continue mining.
and as this happens, difficulty comes down and things go back to normal.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Retty

Activity: 154
Merit: 47

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:14:52 PM

Glad you brought this up actually, i was wondering the same thing.

I was a little concerned that if the price dropped then it would be catastrophic because of what you mentioned.

The other thing that kind of worries and excites me at the same time is- what happens when the halving starts in 2020? Miners will be receiving half the reward for mining so what does that mean? Does the price of Bitcoin have to be very high (higher than what it is now which i expect) to make mining profitable? Or does it mean that its not going to be financially worth it if it hasn't reached these levels?

If anyone could enlighten us i'd be grateful!  Wink
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:30:14 PM

For quite sometime now I have been secretly praying and hoping that Bitcoin doesn’t rush with this upward trend.
I do not think the miners will be able to keep supporting bitcoin mining if the price goes below 6000$.
Hopefully my prayers seem to have been answered as I can see an organic in bitcoin value to 7000$ for a while. Do you think this is an organic rise in bitcoin value and is it likely to remain within the ranges of 7000$ without dropping? Share your emotions and opinions guys!
I really do like your optimism about bitcoin, however, I don't agree that your prayers have been answers. I mean there's no divine intervention that I'm seeing. As far as organic , I doubt that we are going to see that, this market is prone to manipulation. I'm not saying that I don't like the price increased, I'm very bullish about it, but its hard to take away some manipulation from behind because the price suddenly increases like $300 in less than an hour if I'm not mistaken.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:34:57 PM

Glad you brought this up actually, i was wondering the same thing.

I was a little concerned that if the price dropped then it would be catastrophic because of what you mentioned.

The other thing that kind of worries and excites me at the same time is- what happens when the halving starts in 2020? Miners will be receiving half the reward for mining so what does that mean? Does the price of Bitcoin have to be very high (higher than what it is now which i expect) to make mining profitable? Or does it mean that its not going to be financially worth it if it hasn't reached these levels?

If anyone could enlighten us i'd be grateful!  Wink

This is why Bitcoin has such a genius design, as Bitcoin will always find equilibrium in some way. After the halving, the price ideally should be higher. However, if it is not higher, and mining becomes unprofitable, then some miners will likely leave the chain. As more miners leave, it actually becomes more profitable for the miners that stay mining. The reason for this is because the remaining miners now have a higher chance of solving the next block, since they control a higher percentage of the hash rate now. The difficulty would also adjust downwards, making it easier to mine blocks and further increasing profitability. Once profitability is high enough, whatever miners that left the chain in the first place will come back to earn said profit.

So even if Bitcoin's price goes below the cost of mining, if miners do leave, whatever miners stay will get better odds of finding the next block and therefore higher profitability. Difficulty would also adjust downwards, and make it much easier for those miners to solve the blocks.
LinkinPrak852

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:13:04 PM

I can’t surely tell you that because everything in bitcoin is very unpredictable. If SEC accept the ETF of bitcoin than we can assume that the price may rise more than $7000. Let’s just hope that whether it is approve or not the price may remain this for a while.
jamesbondbd007

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:42:21 PM

The cryptocurrency market is very unstable. Mining Bitcoin is risky but there's no profit without taking risks. I hope that the price of Bitcoin will not fall this time. Let's see what happens.
Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 01:48:13 PM

No one can really say if it will drop or not, what we can say is to give speculations about what we feel can happen and it's a 50:50 event which might later not happen. But i am sure there is no constant uptrend, if it rises, expect it to fall. If it falls, expect it to rise. So no panicking or fudding.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
KingKongBong4152

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:01:49 PM

Now the condition of this market is very much volatile and in the light of this present situation, we cannot say that this increase is organic and it is also very difficult to give assurance the price level in this market. We are hopeful that price will continue to rise more.
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:07:07 PM

We can't prediction price in the market as you know. Everything just hopes and gut feeling. And in the financial market, the gut feeling usually kill us lots.
btw, i believe whale will dont let bitcoin dump to below 6k as people wishes

Sexie

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:07:35 PM

Bitcoin is volatile, so we can not say that the price will not going to drop sometimes. If you invest by that amount, you should not be  afraid of the dropping but then you should also be glad that you can invest more bitcoins. On the  other  hand, bitcoin will not disappoint any investor, as long as you have patience to wait. And I think miners will always be supportive because they that bitcoin price will always going up.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
Sethrey

Activity: 916
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:12:09 PM

It will never happen that most of the miners will stop mining. As I mentioned there are more and more new miners who are maybe not so professional in the topic, but they will not stop for sure as most of them hope for better. That's why there's no reason for panic.
kabir ullah

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:19:06 PM

There was  a bad condition for bitcoin and there user. But the prices is recover it is a good news but we need to be concern all should be concern to invest but hope it will be stable.
easycoin995

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:30:45 PM

We are seeing such increase in the price of bitcoin from the starting of the year. The market is very much volatile this year and it is in continuous mood. Considering this, we cannot say that this increase is organic. But we can expect that this level will not go down rather will increase.
cryptocooper57

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:14:38 PM

Commenting whether the increase is organic or not will be tough because of the volatility of the market. Plus giving an assurance of the price level is tough too. But we do hope that the price will increase.
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:31:16 PM

Miners are hedging their bets with futures. That way they can stay liquid and pay their bets in prolonged bear markets and conditions we are having now with the profitability. Ofcourse that isnt true for the small miners, they cant endure this conditions, and will have to go bust
pedagang2

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 03:31:47 PM

if in my opinion this is normal, because if the price remains stable it will not be called the crypto market. so that's what the market calls for.
sometimes it can rise dramatically and sometimes it can also drop dramatically.

dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:43:45 PM

Definitely not. Dynamics of bitcoin volatility will remain unchanged until the end of the year. Another question is why do you think miners will stop serving bitcoin when its amount drops below$6,000? In my opinion, this statement has no basis.
mining will have to run even though we know the price some time ago is very vulnerable but they will not benefit by leaving the addition because this is a marketplace unless they are miners who are still bar...

Babatunde1989

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:51:56 PM

To me That way they can stay liquid and pay their bets in prolonged bear markets and conditions we are having now with the profitability. Ofcourse that isnt true for the small miners, they cant endure this conditions.
KingKongBong4152

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:56:40 PM

The drop in price hasn't only affected you, I personally know a lot of people, most of them are newbies and they got so scared that they sold their coins for huge loss. Thankfully, the situation is changing again, though it is recovering slowly but that is good for Bitcoin, a sudden rise would have needed another correction and it would create more panic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: