Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:23:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BIDWALL MELTS!!!  (Read 4050 times)
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 12:04:16 PM

Will it take about 6-8 more months before it goes up above 4? I got in at $14.7, only in a few months it dropped to 2.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 12:09:40 PM

Will it take about 6-8 more months before it goes up above 4? I got in at $14.7, only in a few months it dropped to 2.

Did you sell at any point or are you still holding? 

As for the future, I don't see a significant rise until next year at this point.  It will bounce up and down for the short term, wiping out those who invested in the "bottom" or the following short term reversal of the past few days, which will allow it to fall even farther.  Future is uncertain as to whether it will recover. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 12:23:05 PM

Did you sell at any point or are you still holding? 

As for the future, I don't see a significant rise until next year at this point.  It will bounce up and down for the short term, wiping out those who invested in the "bottom" or the following short term reversal of the past few days, which will allow it to fall even farther.  Future is uncertain as to whether it will recover. 

Nah, I'm holding, not selling, I'm gonna mine till something happens where I can't, like death or end of bitcoin chain etc. Hopefully, in a year or whatever, if the price sky rockets, I will have quite a few bitcoins mined, and will be a good investment. As for the significant rise maybe in a year or more, that is what I kinda thought, it is gonna be a long journey. And hopefully, as the difficulty is dropping like so, in a year difficulty should be great.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 12:59:35 PM

You must have really cheap power to still be mining at these prices. 

bitclown

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 01:06:11 PM

Why should the current price matter if he's holding? Why should the price matter to enthusiasts at all? My computers ran SETI@home for over a decade, and no-one paid me for that.
Dan The Man

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 01:09:01 PM

Why should the current price matter if he's holding? Why should the price matter to enthusiasts at all? My computers ran SETI@home for over a decade, and no-one paid me for that.

Because if may be cheaper to buy than to mine unless he has a source of very cheap electricity.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 02:32:01 PM

It matters because if you are paying for your electricity bill, you are likely paying more to get btc than just buying them.  That is illogical. 

gewure

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

[#][#][#]

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 02:34:28 PM

I love it, been saying in my recent posts that once this wall goes, it is all downhill.

Still too much optimism around here. Not nearly as much as a few months ago, but you speculators need to be shaken up a bit more until you learn your lesson. You still just don't get it that your dealing with an item similar to an antique. The only problem is, every single minute more and more of the item you own are getting thrown into the market.

This is not like stocks, which are a fixed amount and make you money through company profits. It is not like a commodity where people actually need to use the item. You are dealing with something that has no useful value other than speculators and miners trying to get money out of it.

You will all get burned, dropping from $30 to $2 was not enough to stop the optimism. Hopefully the next downturn will beat you guys up enough to stop with the crap about bitcoin rising again.

when it comes to "stocks" you never heard of capital-measurements, have you?

please consider taking some lessons in finance economy, or at least read some marx or hayek or keynes. your example with an antique is silly. can you eat dollars? NO. cna you eat euros? no! they are nothing good for, exept what the common people believe in them to be worth.

,..this currency-theories are not hard to understand at all - kind of funny how often people mix up things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_value_of_money
gewure

Activity: 364

[#][#][#]

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 02:44:26 PM

BTW, to switch back to topic:

ASKWALL MELTS!!! Wink

worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 03:03:36 PM

I think there should be some upward bias when the bitcoin generation halved from 50 to 25.
amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 03:10:17 PM

It matters because if you are paying for your electricity bill, you are likely paying more to get btc than just buying them.  That is illogical. 

How much more will you pay for mining a bitcoin versus buying one?

I think it's conceivable that if the gap is not huge, some who already have mining rigs would rather pay a bit more by mining than dealing with getting funds into an exchange with the added benefit of securing the network and supporting the project.  Me for instance, though my mining "operation" is minuscule so whether I buy coins or mine them I won't pay much and won't get many coins either way.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 03:56:07 PM

How much more will you pay for mining a bitcoin versus buying one?

I think it's conceivable that if the gap is not huge, some who already have mining rigs would rather pay a bit more by mining than dealing with getting funds into an exchange with the added benefit of securing the network and supporting the project.  Me for instance, though my mining "operation" is minuscule so whether I buy coins or mine them I won't pay much and won't get many coins either way.

Lot of factors, the current price of btc, your hardware, whether you actually bought the hardware for mining (lots did), whether you have paid off your hardware investment (lots havent), your heating/cooling situation, your electric rates, whether you actually pay your electric rates or not, hardware depreciation, premature wear and tear on hardware, I'm sure some other things I am forgetting.   

And if you are really using "securing the network and supporting the project" as an excuse, well illogical is an understatement.  If this were some small altcoin I could get that, but it isn't.

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 03:34:11 AM

And if you are really using "securing the network and supporting the project" as an excuse, well illogical is an understatement.  If this were some small altcoin I could get that, but it isn't.

But, if everyone had this mentality, no one would be mining! I think that is what separates the true supporters from someone trying to get rich at the expense of the rest.

ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 03:41:23 AM

Yeah, I don't get why people join Folding@Home.  They don't contribute much at all when you compare their contribution to the overall network FLOPS.
[/sarcasm]

(BFL)^2 < 0
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 06:21:45 AM

lol at comparing bitcoin to folding.  You guys are hopeless.  Good luck with all that though. 

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 10:23:56 PM

the BIDWALL grows!
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 10:34:22 PM

the BIDWALL grows!

Let me tell you what I've learned from the past 4 months of watching market depth.  When bids outnumber asks, then the price goes down.  When bids vastly outnumber asks, then the price goes down a lot.  When asks outnumber bids, then the price goes down.  When asks vastly outnumber bids, then the price goes down a lot.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 10:49:49 PM

the BIDWALL grows!

Let me tell you what I've learned from the past 4 months of watching market depth.  When bids outnumber asks, then the price goes down.  When bids vastly outnumber asks, then the price goes down a lot.  When asks outnumber bids, then the price goes down.  When asks vastly outnumber bids, then the price goes down a lot.

Reminds me of the rather absurd 'mappers' vs. 'packers' thread.  I don't even remember whether this make you a 'mapper' or 'packer'.  The latter I think.

Your observation is amusing, though.  Probably because it has that certain truth that makes things amusing to me.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 12:20:15 AM

the BIDWALL continues to grow!
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile