Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:41:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rochelle Hub Theater  (Read 14131 times)
logansryche (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 07:50:46 PM

Good Day folks...

Trying to raise money to help recondition the Hub Theater located in Rochelle, IL.
Now that I'm working, I'll be putting 1/2 of my paycheck towards this. I've already started selling stuff on ebay for this(look up ebay id 84fordfan). The amount in total to get the theater reconditioned and ready for a grand opening is $350,000 USD. It's alot of money but alot of things needed to be taken into consideration like the purchase of the building itself and new concession equipment.

Why come here, to this board? One of the forms of donations are bitcoins(among other forms), as once the theater is open, bitcoins will be accepted there as a form of payment along side the dollar, check and credit card. As an incentive, those that donate a substantial amount will receive movie tickets for life(once the theater opens). There is an area of the theater that could be set aside as a VIP type deal, where those that donate substantially have access to this room where they have access to every movie made(I dunno, still working on it). Those that donate any amount will also be named as a donater on the rochelle hub website(http://rochellehub.co.cc).

This should be an interesting turn out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 02:03:13 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2011, 02:25:59 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Good Day folks...

Trying to raise money to help recondition the Hub Theater located in Rochelle, IL.
Now that I'm working, I'll be putting 1/2 of my paycheck towards this. I've already started selling stuff on ebay for this(look up ebay id 84fordfan). The amount in total to get the theater reconditioned and ready for a grand opening is $350,000 USD. It's alot of money but alot of things needed to be taken into consideration like the purchase of the building itself and new concession equipment.

Why come here, to this board? One of the forms of donations are bitcoins(among other forms), as once the theater is open, bitcoins will be accepted there as a form of payment along side the dollar, check and credit card. As an incentive, those that donate a substantial amount will receive movie tickets for life(once the theater opens). There is an area of the theater that could be set aside as a VIP type deal, where those that donate substantially have access to this room where they have access to every movie made(I dunno, still working on it). Those that donate any amount will also be named as a donater on the rochelle hub website(http://rochellehub.co.cc).

This should be an interesting turn out.

This is a great! Who bought the theater? http://theatrehistoricalsociety.wordpress.com/2011/05/24/buy-the-hub-theatre-rochelle-illinois/

Do they know you're collect money to help renovate it? I live in Sandwich, Illinoins, and have a friend in Rochelle. Can I set up an appointment to see the theater while I'm in town visited my friend? Also, I have a crew deconstructing a barn in Chana so, while I'm up that way, I can easily swing by also. I look forward to meeting you.

Bruno

EDIT: Just reread your post. I see that you're planning on buying it. I'll tell you right now, it'll cost you more than $125,000 to renovate it. It's considered a historical property, therefore you just can't go in and remodel it like you would a 30 year old home.

I do like your idea of having an area of the theater set aside as a VIP type deal. In fact, you could call it such: The Hub's VIP Type Deal.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 09:54:44 PM

This is a great! Who bought the theater? http://theatrehistoricalsociety.wordpress.com/2011/05/24/buy-the-hub-theatre-rochelle-illinois/

Do they know you're collect money to help renovate it? I live in Sandwich, Illinoins, and have a friend in Rochelle. Can I set up an appointment to see the theater while I'm in town visited my friend? Also, I have a crew deconstructing a barn in Chana so, while I'm up that way, I can easily swing by also. I look forward to meeting you.

Bruno

EDIT: Just reread your post. I see that you're planning on buying it. I'll tell you right now, it'll cost you more than $125,000 to renovate it. It's considered a historical property, therefore you just can't go in and remodel it like you would a 30 year old home.

I do like your idea of having an area of the theater set aside as a VIP type deal. In fact, you could call it such: The Hub's VIP Type Deal.

Oh sweet..  I was living in Rochelle right when they closed it(not sure why it closed since the last movie it showed was iron man 2). The add stated that all concession and cinema equipment are included but have no idea if the cinema equipment is digital or still using analog reels or what. I know from looking at the concession stand and equipment, that will need to be replaced. I put this project at $350,000 for new concession equipment and new digital equipment including speakers and projectors and the like, but it'll be significantly more if walls need replacing and wiring need to be redone. If you want to make an appointment with the realtor to look at it, that'd be great. The realtor is Roger Blomgren and can be emailed at rblomgren264@aol.com. If you do go, do you think you could take pictures or make a video for me?

In regards to VIP. My idea was to close off the balcony and set that up as the VIP area where patrons could sit and enjoy any movie they wanted, leaving the main theater at 2 rooms instead of 3. Those that help me get this $350,000 would have a VIP pass that'd be good for free movies for life. Although, thinking about it now, if only one or two people got me to this $350k mark, that'd be pretty lonly up there so I'd have to open up VIP to anyone who wanted it(which would be cool too).
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 11:40:28 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2011, 11:50:47 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Bruno

Oh sweet..  I was living in Rochelle right when they closed it(not sure why it closed since the last movie it showed was iron man 2). The add stated that all concession and cinema equipment are included but have no idea if the cinema equipment is digital or still using analog reels or what. I know from looking at the concession stand and equipment, that will need to be replaced. I put this project at $350,000 for new concession equipment and new digital equipment including speakers and projectors and the like, but it'll be significantly more if walls need replacing and wiring need to be redone. If you want to make an appointment with the realtor to look at it, that'd be great. The realtor is Roger Blomgren and can be emailed at rblomgren264@aol.com. If you do go, do you think you could take pictures or make a video for me?

In regards to VIP. My idea was to close off the balcony and set that up as the VIP area where patrons could sit and enjoy any movie they wanted, leaving the main theater at 2 rooms instead of 3. Those that help me get this $350,000 would have a VIP pass that'd be good for free movies for life. Although, thinking about it now, if only one or two people got me to this $350k mark, that'd be pretty lonly up there so I'd have to open up VIP to anyone who wanted it(which would be cool too).

OK, logansryche, you did your best to circumnavigate a response around by satirical post, but here's the rub. Although your quest is admirable, unfortunately you don't have the life experience to see this project through. I'm 51 years old and have been in the construction business going on three decades, and if I lived in Rochelle and wanted to invested my own $100,000, for starters, in said building, and then ask others to donate to the project, I would have a difficult time procuring funds.

That said, this is how I see this played out. After collecting a few donations, your interest in this will wane. Even if by happenstance you were able to have $10,000 donated, the money may disappear, because a person of your caliper never had 10K at their disposal before. See my drift?

You may be asking yourself why I would assume such a thing. Well, lets pretend you didn't have a track record on this forum, and all I had to go on was your two posts on this thread and your website. It looks like you didn't even take the time to proofread your posts prior to pressing the post button. If you did proofread your two posts, then your problem is more serious than I thought. Reread your posts, then ask yourself if you would donate to such a person if someone else had written it. Then revisit your website. Most anyone is able to see that the writer doesn't have a command of the English language, ergo probably unable to purchase, let alone, remodel a historical building.

Edit: I have proofread this post no less than three times, and I'm still not happy with it, but I'm not trying to gain interest for any project. If I were, I would make doubly sure that my post(s) pastes the smell test. FYI, your posts and website do past the smell test, but the odor is not a desirable one. Sorry for being blunt, logansryche. Please don't take it personal. Take it as a learning experience and run with it.

Regards, Bruno

PS: I would love to come up and meet you someday. I'll even buy you lunch. We could talk about Bitcoin, construction, pussy,...whatever.

logansryche (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 11:48:03 PM

OK, logansryche, you did your best to circumnavigate a response around by satirical post, but here's the rub. Although your quest is admirable, unfortunately you don't have the life experience to see this project through. I'm 51 years old and have been in the construction business going on three decades, and if I lived in Rochelle and wanted to invested my own $100,000, for starters, in said building, and then ask others to donate to the project, I would have a difficult time procuring funds.

That said, this is how I see this played out. After collecting a few donations, your interest in this will wane. Even if by happenstance you were able to have $10,000 donated, the money may disappear, because a person of your caliper never had 10K at their disposal before. See my drift?

You may be asking yourself why I would assume such a thing. Well, lets pretend you didn't have a track record on this forum, and all I had to go on was your two posts on this thread and your website. It looks like you didn't even take the time to proofread your posts prior to pressing post button. If you did proofread your two posts, then your problem is more serious than I thought. Reread your posts, then ask yourself if you would donate to such a person if someone else had written it. Then revisit your website. Most anyone is able to see that the writer doesn't have a command of the English language, ergo probably unable to purchase, let alone, remodel a historical building.

Wow, talk about your complete 360, and here I thought you were serious about my endeavor. So much promise. You've clearly overlooked my intentions ans that's ok, I was expecting it.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 11:52:49 PM

You may be asking yourself why I would assume such a thing. Well, lets pretend you didn't have a track record on this forum, and all I had to go on was your two posts on this thread and your website. It looks like you didn't even take the time to proofread your posts prior to pressing post button. If you did proofread your two posts, then your problem is more serious than I thought. Reread your posts, then ask yourself if you would donate to such a person if someone else had written it. Then revisit your website. Most anyone is able to see that the writer doesn't have a command of the English language, ergo probably unable to purchase, let alone, remodel a historical building.

Wow, talk about your complete 360, and here I thought you were serious about my endeavor. So much promise. You've clearly overlooked my intentions ans that's ok, I was expecting it.

Like I said, your intentions are admirable. I have added more to my original post, so please read those, too. PM me if you want my phone number. I'm not trying to be a jerk here.

Bruno
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 12:07:07 AM

Like I said, your intentions are admirable. I have added more to my original post, so please read those, too. PM me if you want my phone number. I'm not trying to be a jerk here.

Bruno

Oh I know, I was expecting to be shot down in some form, just not that way.
You do bring up good points though, why donate to my cause. Sure, I could run away with the donation money, but I wouldn't.
I know of too many people that would kick my ass if I did. On that note, the largest ammount I've ever handled at any one time is $3,000.
The pictures I saw show that the building is in good shape except for a few things, so reconditioning it won't be hard to do.
I've got a supplier for film distribution and other distributors for sound and materials.. it's just a matter of bringing it all together.
I've gotten myself wrapped up in IMVU as of late and will be creating objects for both IMVU and SL so donating linden and credits will be easier.
I know folks in SL would donate if I got the word out, just a matter of doing it obviously.
I'm in no rush to get all of this done as I need to wait 6mos before I can transfer out of Wal-Mart(manager says i'm the best hardest worker he's got that know's what I'm doing).
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2011, 12:30:26 AM

Bruno

Oh I know, I was expecting to be shot down in some form, just not that way.
You do bring up good points though, why donate to my cause. Sure, I could run away with the donation money, but I wouldn't.
I know of too many people that would kick my ass if I did. On that note, the largest ammount I've ever handled at any one time is $3,000.
The pictures I saw show that the building is in good shape except for a few things, so reconditioning it won't be hard to do.
I've got a supplier for film distribution and other distributors for sound and materials.. it's just a matter of bringing it all together.
I've gotten myself wrapped up in IMVU as of late and will be creating objects for both IMVU and SL so donating linden and credits will be easier.
I know folks in SL would donate if I got the word out, just a matter of doing it obviously.
I'm in no rush to get all of this done as I need to wait 6mos before I can transfer out of Wal-Mart(manager says i'm the best hardest worker he's got that know's what I'm doing).

Here's a little more advice. Don't ever post, "I was expecting to be shot down...," or the like. It's OK to have that idea in your head, but never give others ammunition. If anybody shots down any of your ideas, stand your ground and express your opinion, like you did in the rest of the post I quoted above. Also, always have an open mind. Listen to what others say. Even at my age, I listen to others, and am amazed daily the shit I learn, even from the local doofus.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 12:56:31 AM

Here's a little more advice. Don't ever post, "I was expecting to be shot down...," or the like. It's OK to have that idea in your head, but never give others ammunition. If anybody shots down any of your ideas, stand your ground and express your opinion, like you did in the rest of the post I quoted above. Also, always have an open mind. Listen to what others say. Even at my age, I listen to others, and am amazed daily the shit I learn, even from the local doofus.

Heh.. isn't that the truth. I'm constantly learning things at work as to where stuff is located and what's what.
I think if I didn't stand my ground or come here with a new idea every so often, I woulda packed up and left months ago, but I see your point.
deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 01:23:16 AM

Logan, the idea of a theater accepting bitcoins is great. you running the project is not, an individual running the project is not, this is something that if there was enough intrest in the idea a small group of people needs to be tasked with, people with some construction knowledge

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 02:09:18 AM

Logan, the idea of a theater accepting bitcoins is great. you running the project is not, an individual running the project is not, this is something that if there was enough intrest in the idea a small group of people needs to be tasked with, people with some construction knowledge

There's nothing wrong with me running a project that came from my brain(that's why it's my idea). Of course, it wouldn't be just me running the show, as I will eventually need employees to run the concession stand and run the projection booths plus a clean up crew. Trying to balance everything by myself or even myself and fiance would drive us both insane I think.
captainteemo

Activity: 143
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 03:43:39 AM

There's nothing wrong with me running a project that came from my brain(that's why it's my idea). Of course, it wouldn't be just me running the show, as I will eventually need employees to run the concession stand and run the projection booths plus a clean up crew. Trying to balance everything by myself or even myself and fiance would drive us both insane I think.

You can't, you're not licensed to. In any way.

Espescially if it's a landmark flagged building.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 03:53:44 AM

You can't, you're not licensed to. In any way.

Espescially if it's a landmark flagged building.

Flagged how, condemed? It's not. It's also not on the Illinois or the Ogle county historic registers either.
Also, I don't need anything more then an occupational license(I looked it up) to run it.
Pepsi use to have a machine there, but pulled it. There also use to be an on-grounds ice cream shop but that and it's equipment is gone now.
I am working with a film distributor on pricing so we'll see where that goes.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 04:24:01 AM

How long do you think it would take you to raise $350,000?  Have you looked into what kind of legal entity you need to set up in order to solicit public donations for this venture?  Do you have any project management experience?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bitleaker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 04:56:07 AM

people with some construction knowledge

Logansryche has the best building constructors Second Life can muster.

But seriously Logansryche, your card business was a failure, and you even created drama when someone dared to ask for a refund. You do not have the skills, experience or funding to commence a project like this.

Please come back down to earth.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 05:23:15 AM

Logansryche has the best building constructors Second Life can muster.

But seriously Logansryche, your card business was a failure, and you even created drama when someone dared to ask for a refund. You do not have the skills, experience or funding to commence a project like this.

Please come back down to earth.

Please come back when you're done stabbing. Previous ventures have failed, I'm not denying that. This venture will suceed. Why? Because I have a better handle on things I believe(even if I really have to raise the money myself).

How long do you think it would take you to raise $350,000?  Have you looked into what kind of legal entity you need to set up in order to solicit public donations for this venture?  Do you have any project management experience?

It shouldn't take me that long to raise the money, and even if I don't right away, I have financial aide at my disposal, but I'd rather not do things that way(I distaste owing people anything, especially money). Everyone I've spoken to about this in both SL, IMVU and the few people I know that live in Rochelle all think reopening the theater would be good since you currently have to drive an hour to DeKalb to the cineplex there or even further the bigger theaters.

Hang me for my past and get it over with.. another thing I distaste is people who hold others for their past(and it's only this forum that does it). I only come here because there's only one main bitcoin forum.
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 05:32:13 AM

(even if I really have to raise the money myself).
I'll be putting 1/2 of my paycheck towards this

Aren't you a part-time Walmart worker? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it would take you literally 100 years to save that much.

You might think that $350k is only 10% of your annual salary, but you should really use a calculator on this one to be sure.

another thing I distaste is people who hold others for their past(and it's only this forum that does it)

Judging people based on their own track records: a bizarre phenomenon restricted only to the BitcoinTalk forums.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 05:36:12 AM

Aren't you a part-time Walmart worker? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it would take you literally 100 years to save that much.

You might think that $350k is only 10% of your annual salary, but you should really use a calculator on this one to be sure.

I am indeed, however i'm making about $500 a check after taxes based on a 54hr work week(bi-weekly). $350k would be my startup costs before the price of the film from the distributor. If you go to the site I've listed, it lists the complete bill of materials including all new concession equipment, counter tops, carpet, chairs, sound, etc...
bitleaker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 05:37:32 AM

How much is insurance, heating and electricity?
When was the last safety check performed?
How is the structural integrity of the building?
Are you going to commission a structural survey?
What are the business taxes on the property?
Have you factored in employee costs?

What is the size of the theatre? Have you checked to see if your $2000 projector can fill the space?
What sound system are you going to use?

Have you considered how you will be able to legally show movies? Have you considered the work involved regarding licensing? Have you factored anything towards advertising?

How will the theatre business be set up for tax purposes?

Why did the theatre go out of business? If it was a loss making concern, what are you going to do different to cover those losses?
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 05:46:08 AM

I am indeed, however i'm making about $500 a check after taxes based on a 54hr work week(bi-weekly). $350k would be my startup costs before the price of the film from the distributor. If you go to the site I've listed, it lists the complete bill of materials including all new concession equipment, counter tops, carpet, chairs, sound, etc...

Oh, okay. It'll only take 53 years of setting aside half your paycheck, then. Carry on.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██