Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:52:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW VIDEO - "Love Bitcoins" - a great introduction to Bitcoin  (Read 1287 times)
BitPay Business Solutions (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2011, 09:02:41 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2011, 02:54:09 PM by Bit-pay Merchant Solutions

We have produced a new video that can be used as an introduction to Bitcoin, which focuses on why and how people can use Bitcoins in their daily life.  

We call it simply, Love Bitcoins

EDIT:  New Video with filtered audio  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbjhXyt3VNA

We skipped over anything about the cryptography and mining, and tried to highlight the benefits to the average person (someone like a PayPal user).

Let us know if you have any feedback.  We will be adding it to our site shortly, and also translating the static slides into different languages.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 09:06:48 PM

I like the flow of the video.  I think the chick at the end is unnecessary.  The voiceover is... good... but doesn't quite match the quality of the visual experience.  Kinda seemed like she was holding back a valley-girl accent.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 09:09:10 PM

that's a video that i would send my mother to explain bitcoin - that is something she will understand. this may become as popular as the weusecoins video, for non-technical people.
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2011, 09:27:31 PM

I like it.
 Smiley

cjgames.com
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 09:35:00 PM

I like the flow of the video.  I think the chick at the end is unnecessary. 

The "chick" is the person who did the voice over. I think it would have been more powerful if it ended with a video of her saying those last lines rather than a static picture though.

Other than that (oh and other than the fact that a good part of the video has become invalidated by the Mt Gox case in France heh..)  pretty good work!

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 09:41:00 PM

I like the flow of the video.  I think the chick at the end is unnecessary. 

The "chick" is the person who did the voice over. I think it would have been more powerful if it ended with a video of her saying those last lines rather than a static picture though.

Other than that (oh and other than the fact that a good part of the video has become invalidated by the Mt Gox case in France heh..)  pretty good work!
  +1

The overall flow and conveyance of information was great. Could use a better mic and some tone adjustment to make the voice sound more commercialy viable. Its not her as much as the lack of expensive hardware and software used for that part of it I would suspect.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 09:45:38 PM

I like the video, but I feel that your female spokesperson is way too overplayed. I just get the feeling like I'm being conned by an attractive woman who wants something from me. Her attitude seems completely faked.
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 09:46:23 PM

Its not her as much as the lack of expensive hardware and software used for that part of it I would suspect.

Ahh yes, probably that.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 09:47:09 PM

Its not her as much as the lack of expensive hardware and software used for that part of it I would suspect.

Ahh yes, probably that.
  Embarrassed

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 09:53:28 PM

One more thing. Those two girls keep showing up everywhere. I dont know if they are your life partners (lucky you!), business partners or just hired looks, but if they do have a meaningful job at bitpay, then you should have them or her say so. Somehting like " Hi, I am Alison, and I am executive whatever at bitpay." It would be 10x more powerful for various reasons.

As a hired actress/voice over, she is frankly, not that good. But if she is an executive at the company, you would look completely different at her performance. In the same way no one would hire Steve Ballmer to do a commercial for anything, but if you know he is the CEO of microsoft, its different when he speaks (okay, not by much LOL).

BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 09:58:40 PM

One more thing. Those two girls keep showing up everywhere. I dont know if they are your life partners (lucky you!), business partners or just hired looks, but if they do have a meaningful job at bitpay, then you should have them or her say so. Somehting like " Hi, I am Alison, and I am executive whatever at bitpay." It would be 10x more powerful for various reasons.

As a hired actress/voice over, she is frankly, not that good. But if she is an executive at the company, you would look completely different at her performance. In the same way no one would hire Steve Ballmer to do a commercial for anything, but if you know he is the CEO of microsoft, its different when he speaks (okay, not by much LOL).

Totally agreed.
Andre Jensen (World Bitcoin Exchange)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2011, 10:23:07 PM

Well done bit-pay do you guys ever sleep?

andre
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2011, 10:27:59 PM

I pretty much agree with all the feedback. The sound quality could have been better, the end would've been nicer with her saying the last lines in video. And what P4man said about the girls and their role in Bit-Pay, it's spot on.

But overall I really liked the vid. It was very informative and focused on the right issues. What can be improved are some production values. And the image of the company is something I'd focus on, the role of the girls raises questions for sure.

The thing is, a concept like Bit-Pay should be able to take off pretty well without spending a lot of resources on pretty girls. Good presentation, focus on the right things and an excellent product is what is needed. The current approach raises questions and I hope there are good answers. Smiley

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2011, 10:37:00 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2011, 10:50:17 PM by Bit-pay Merchant Solutions

Alison has been my close friend for many years, and she definitely understands Bitcoins.  She paid for her lunch at Meze Grill just like the rest of us.   She works for Bit-Pay doing Business Development here in Florida. She doesn't work for us full-time however, as she also has contracts with Fox Sports, Tupperware, and a few other major clients.

Alison has put together a business plan for her own Bitcoin startup, that we will be helping her launch in 2012.  She definitely has the brains to pull this off!  You will see more of her in the future.

Now admittedly I am somewhat tone-deaf.  I will see what I can do with an equalizer to boost the bass a little and make her sound more commercial.

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2011, 11:33:26 PM

I have updated the video link in the OP with some better audio. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: