Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:55:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Pump and Dump Game  (Read 211 times)
alexpnd (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:37:27 AM

I want to present my game, which I have been developing for a year now.

Pump and Dump is a mobile multiplayer online game that implements the real exchange operation (similar to a crypto exchange). The only difference is that the game currency is used. The main game feature is that the prices are not random, but determined during the trading between the players. The players can make a real pump and dump, set walls and manipulate the prices as desired.

At the beginning you get a start deposit and your task is to trade to make a profit and take a place in the top ranking.

The main goal of the game is to teach players to trade on a real exchange without the risk of losing real money.

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=games.blackbox.pnd

iOS
https://itunes.apple.com/app/pump-and-dump/id1220331029?ls=1&mt=8

I would like to hear your opinion. Do we need a game that allows newcomers to understand complex exchange terms and charts simply by playing and without fear of losing significant amounts of money?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alexpnd (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 10:19:03 AM

Actually players will soon be able to implement the ponzi scheme inside Pump and Dump.

Soon we will add a depost feature and players can take deposits from other players and pay them interest rate.

Also currently every player can earn currency not only by trading but also by giving loans to other players.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 10:36:48 PM

I would like to hear your opinion. Do we need a game that allows newcomers to understand complex exchange terms and charts simply by playing and without fear of losing significant amounts of money?

I don't want to be that asshole but don't the dummy accounts serve the same purpose? To Learn without having the fear of losing money? IMO you guys should focus on making it a 'fun' game like "Adventure Capitalist". There are already brilliant trading apps which teach you different techniques and can take you from being a mere beginner to a professional trader only if you are willing to learn. Do you guys have any sort of plans to incorporate something like a campaign where a player would learn different techniques and terms related to trading, it would "essentially" 'complete' your app.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:26:13 AM

I want to present my game, which I have been developing for a year now.

Pump and Dump is a mobile multiplayer online game that implements the real exchange operation (similar to a crypto exchange). The only difference is that the game currency is used. The main game feature is that the prices are not random, but determined during the trading between the players. The players can make a real pump and dump, set walls and manipulate the prices as desired.

At the beginning you get a start deposit and your task is to trade to make a profit and take a place in the top ranking.

The main goal of the game is to teach players to trade on a real exchange without the risk of losing real money.

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=games.blackbox.pnd

iOS
https://itunes.apple.com/app/pump-and-dump/id1220331029?ls=1&mt=8

Aside from the concern raised above by @Thekool1s concerning how this is duplicating the function of the already created dummy accounts, I could not read anywhere about how the winning its going to happen. I don't expect a grown man to take his time to download a game and the only winnings there is not real what is then the motivation? I could then invest same time in car racing, football manager games. Also, while car racing techniques can be applied to real life to understand the dynamics of cars, trading game does not have any relationship with his happening in real exchange platforms.

Another thing worthy of note here is the name of your game "pump and dump". If its possible, I would suggest you change it to something else. Without checking the thread, the title alone is a put-off to people as pump and dump in its own literal meaning is manipulation that have done more harm than good in the market.
alexpnd (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:11:25 AM

I don't want to be that asshole but don't the dummy accounts serve the same purpose?

There is an important difference. Dummy accounts can't affect the market price but real orders always do.

IMO you guys should focus on making it a 'fun' game like "Adventure Capitalist".

There are many such games already but they are all toy games with a lot of simplification.

There are already brilliant trading apps which teach you different techniques and can take you from being a mere beginner to a professional trader only if you are willing to learn.

It would be great if you give me links to a couple of them. Maybe we will borrow some useful features.
alexpnd (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:36:01 AM

I could not read anywhere about how the winning its going to happen.
The game as the real life doesn't have a final win or loss. You can be a winner for some time while you are at the top of the game ranking but then always somebody will beat you.

Also, while car racing techniques can be applied to real life to understand the dynamics of cars, trading game does not have any relationship with his happening in real exchange platforms.
Exactly! Our game is made to understand the dynamics of markets. I mean when you just pump and price and then just dump it, you will not get any profit because you just buy and sell to yourself. To make it right you must influence other players and make them buy too. It's a some kind of poker.

Another thing worthy of note here is the name of your game "pump and dump". If its possible, I would suggest you change it to something else. Without checking the thread, the title alone is a put-off to people as pump and dump in its own literal meaning is manipulation that have done more harm than good in the market.
The game was inspired by cryptocurrency exchanges where you can really trade and affect the price in contrast to forex (and other binary options and dummy accounts) which just use market prices as a random for gambling. And pump and dump in turn is what happens on the cryptocurrency markets. Of cource it's a little sarcastic marketing name.

Anyway thank you very much for your opinon, we apperciate it wheter it's a criticism or praise.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:42:16 PM

It would be great if you give me links to a couple of them. Maybe we will borrow some useful features
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-virtual-stock-market-games-learn-invest/

I am sure there will be more, I found these by doing a quick google search.

There is an important difference. Dummy accounts can't affect the market price but real orders always do.

Hmm, this is indeed a unique standing point for your app. You guys should focus now on the learning part of the app. Unless you just want to make a game where friends get together for fun to manipulate the charts, you guys won't capture a large enough audience. Even with the learning part of the app, The people willing to learn something like this in the Cryptosphere are quite low TBH. Anyway, Good luck with your project. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: