Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 06:03:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin vs Tokens  (Read 462 times)
LuckyHarriet

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:23:14 AM

I really don't understand why people always try to start a competition on everything it spoil the situation sometimes ,  coin and token both are part of crypto, it up to the investors choice which one they prefer but both of them are good on their own ways
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:35:44 AM

The difference between coin and token is very clear as op described above, somehow it's quite confusing that people called coin as a token or token as a coin, You can find them even in the crypto related site which is bad,coin has their own platform and operates independently while token is not, it requires another platform such as ethereum to exist, people have to know the difference between these two things.
Yeah, most newbies gets confused about this two but its really important to know the difference so you will be confident where to invest. If the project have their own blockchain technology then I think it has an advantage compare to others.
DreamerJ

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:38:56 AM

I do not think it's a good idea to compare tokens and coins. It seems to me that tokens are even more promising and profitable. But coin usually are more stable and reliable.
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:40:10 AM

One of the big difference coins minable tokens not.
Tokens usually need for proofing your investments in ICO

jonloner011

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Coins are more reliable than token values in the market. ICO tokens are mostly undesirably scams, and many of the tokens are just in future shitcoins. Coins launched in the market are more likely to endure, some coins become dead though because the lack of public interest and reliability.
RockFlash

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:19:08 AM

I don't think such discussion is really required for people who are just here to invest or to know about useful facts on crypto space. All they need to know is that tokens are distributed through ICO but coins are not rather coin is a unit of value that operates on its own blockchain.
cryptojohnn7

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:43:01 AM

Tokens are very important in the Cryptocurrency world as well. Because of tokens and ICOs crypto-space has evolved this much. If we stay awake in the market with utmost cautiousness, we can be benefitted mostly by tokens tough there are many scams.
MilfordGannon

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:45:33 AM

Coins are not just a method of payments in the crypto-space. Many coins are here which are mostly used as a resource or asset but the payment. Having them in the blockchain makes many investors HODL them for a really long time, they will be benefited most I assume.
emanbea07

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:47:48 AM

I think much better coins than the tokens because some tokens are no value like coin have a value in trading site and for now if you invest much better coins like ethereum.
danbitcoin1

Activity: 336

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:54:09 AM

Most tokens are coins really though as people are just treating them as an investment, hardly anyone buys them to use as a utility token.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
BitNaija

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:58:16 AM

I have been using the two interchangeably. I never thought of any significant difference between coin and token.

takose46

Activity: 128

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 12:00:13 PM

I do not think there is much difference between them. Coins have own network, nodes and smart contract. Token use other coins network like Etherum, NEO, Stellar etc...

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE   ]      ▬▬▬▬    BITVALVE
                                   ❱ BUY BITCOIN       ❱ BUY ETHEREUM                     BUY LITECOIN
                                             ❱ BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL      ❱ BUY ETHEREUM WITH PAYPAL              [   ◾◾◾ JOIN BITVALVE   ◾   WHITEPAPER   ]
samarabtc

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:36:28 PM

Newbie are always being confused between coin and tokens and hope this post should them to make difference between them. So this is a most wellcoming post here.
Lignxxx

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:37:27 PM

Tokens are used for much specific purposes on a certain platform on which the tokens are made. Suppose in a music platform we may use some tokens for listening to musics or watching music videos.
Catesknee

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:02:09 PM

all types of coins and tokens both are part of cryptocurrency market , and this can be used for investment but yes because of lack of popublicity tokens didn't able to achieve that much familiar and attention as the coins have but hopefully very soon situation will be changed so we better not start any competition between this two
bolshojkush

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:12:26 PM

The difference between coins and tokens has long been known, you can read a lot of articles on the Internet. Thank you for old information!

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

kabir ullah

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:02:25 PM

Many people have these confusions. They often mess up between token and coin. I think coins only store value by which people can do certain tasks. Besides tokens can be owned by using coin.
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:35:22 PM

Just like the others, I was also confused between the two and assumed that both of them were the same. Now, I know the difference. This is just a good to know so we don't sound ignorant when we talk about the coins or tokens. Thanks for sharing.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
GoldenShark

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:18:50 AM

I think one of the major difference between tokens and coins in that tokens works on specific decentralized apps. Token doesn't need a own blockchain where every coins have their own blockchain.
OneyZ

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:28:49 AM

Nice article. It will be very easy to understand between tokens and coins to newbie. Digital coins can use as a money that we use in real life and a particular utility is simply represent by tokens.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: