Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:58:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin vs Tokens  (Read 462 times)
Aris novianto

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:11:17 PM

from the past until now I prefer tokens, if we work in a bounty campaign we will get a reward in the form of tokens and we get tokens without capital, if we already get tokens I will exchange my tokens to coins, I prefer free tokens.

CCN    CUSTOMCONTRACT.NETWORK      CCN   
We Provide The Best Smart    Facebook Twitter  Telegram
Contract Services    ▰▰▰     Service Thread    Whitepaper
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
indoagung88

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:14:34 PM

a very important material explanation between coins and tokens, I only see that coins can be used for transactions, while tokens cannot be used. that's what I've read and observed. and maybe so far I think many bitcoin users use bitcoin as a digital asset. still too rarely used for real transactions, and even then only partially.

✦ files.fm library ✦
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:15:16 PM

Depends on how you differentiate the meaning but in this case they are both same. If you wish to buy coins just read an article and white paper to understand the real meaning of the coins you really want to be vested.
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:18:00 PM

Coins have their own blockchain in this regard and they have today opportunities that do not have tokens, I think that in general this is the main difference, because tokens are projects that are based on large platforms such as ETH or NEO
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:17:36 AM

I would like to add that some coins are tokens from the start before they built their own blockchain. All you have to do is swap the token to mainnet coin before the deadline or else you lose your money.
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:08:29 PM

Coins, as far as i know is called to basically any altcoin which has developed its own blockchain and all the transactions of that coin take place upon that separate blockchain. Moreover most of the time yes they are primarily for the purpose of usage as currency while tokens are primarily for gathering funds for some specific venture and then using that token as a share whose market value would fluctuate.
coinsurver

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:09:44 PM

Some people here are still confused about the difference between tokens and coins. Coins are coins that have their own platform since birth. Whereas tokens are coins that do not have a platform. Tokens only stick to other coin platforms. Then it's easier to create tokens than coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: