Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:08:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FirenForget - windows minerd script..(UPDATED now w/ run as service!)  (Read 3460 times)
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 11:48:42 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2011, 10:51:26 PM by GenTarkin

Its not often that I write any code or script...I dont really like it at all and barely know how lol...
But, through using autoit software I have come up w/ a set of scripts that basically "install" minerd w/ user specified pool credentials stored in a text file and there is also a "uninstall" script as well.

Its only for windows 32bit and 64bit. It uses the latest compiled binaries for i7 and amdfam10 optimizations.
It  if its amd or intel and picks the correct miner and feeds it the proper login credentials specified in the text file. It also figures out the number of "cores" on a system and feeds the miner the 1 thread / "core".
It starts at the lowest process priority so it doesnt slow down system and is set to infinite retries w/ miner has no communication w/ pool.

Just dl the .exe, it will autoextract to tmp folder launch the installer then delete the extracted files.
NOTE: if you want to change miner credentials you will have to open the .exe archive (7zip or winrar) and change the credentials in the .txt file.

The uninstall file removes all traces from registry and folders.
UPDATE: 10.25.11, Ive added auto detection of 64bit , 32bit OS and have it pick miners accordingly, also added some more functionality to uninstall script. NOTE: for some reason the miners posted here: http://www.wuala.com/jbw9/pub/Bitcoin/Tenebrix/miner/win/ - all crash themselves =/ not sure what the issue is but Ive packaged the i7 and amdfam10 one w/ my install package (1st linked below)
If anyone has stable 32bit miner link please post and Ill update package! Thanks

Also, Ive added link to .zip file containing source files if you guys wanna mess w/ em =)

UPDATE: 10.26.11,
I have rewrote a lot of the script and now it does its work by installing itself as a windows service. Mining credentials are still taken from miner.txt so please edit before running the file below ( extract and repack )
Uninstaller also rewritten to remove traces of the service and files.
Source is included in the installer archive.
KNOWN BUGS: Currently , I dont know of any way to launch the service w/ a different process priority, so it launches w/ priority of normal. Has to be manually changed in task manager if desired.
UPDATE 10.27.11, The service method is now only one I host, Ive got it working pretty much in every way superior to the old build. I have added ability for it to set itself to low process priority for the miner. It accomplishes by making a scheduled task which runs as SYSTEM .. it runs the .exe that makes the call to the miner executable to lower its priority. The task does this once on install and is scheduled to do it 30 seconds after every system boot up.
Be sure to change the .txt file in the installer archive(rar) and enter in your miner credentials. Then just run installer.
Uninstaller link provided seperately.
The 32bit miners still crash =/ anyone know where I can update the package w/ 32bit working miners?
Source is included in the package.
UPDATE 10.27.11, a minor update, noticed the installer and uninstaller dont work properly unless ran w/ admin rights, so changed both installer and uninstaller to require elevated privileges to run.

Here is the link to it:
SOURCE FILES INCLUDED IN ARCHIVE..

Installer Package:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1791919/ltc/minerdService.exe

Uninstaller:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1791919/ltc/minerduninstall.exe

Let me know if there are any bugs =) Thanks

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
panerai

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 03:24:59 AM

I'm testing this tomorrow. Thanks for the script!
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 04:51:18 AM

Bot?

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 09:16:00 PM

UPDATE....see OP new links are installer and uninstaller.
New method is via registering miner as a windows service and added ability for it to run in low priority.

Seeing this is superior to old method, took those links down.
Installer has source in the package. Also, REMEMBER to open installer (rar) and update the miner.txt file to your mining credentials.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
c_k
Donator

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 11:22:08 AM

Which apps work on Intel Core 2 series processors?

Simply supporting Intel i7 and AMD K10 is a little naive?

GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 06:53:19 PM

Which apps work on Intel Core 2 series processors?

Simply supporting Intel i7 and AMD K10 is a little naive?

I dont know how much of an actual speed diff there is between the compiled i7 and core 2 version so I just have it detecting between 32 / 64 bit and dont care what processor it is. The i7 compiled still works fine on core 2 (runnin it right now).
Most PC's are k10+ and most are bloomfield+ nowadays =) So, thats why I just chose to have it differentiate between 32/64 and not processors.

c_k
Donator

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 10:31:17 AM

Ah yeah the 64bit i7 binary works fine

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: