Jcga (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
ABC
March 03, 2014, 02:30:23 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2023, 11:48:08 PM by Jcga

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bomb7

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:36:26 AM

So the website refers you to a call center, and the call center refers you to the website.

http://www.365discoveries.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/image.png
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:43:12 AM

At 01.00GMT, I picked up the phone, I waited until 01.50 to finally get on the phone a very charming voice japonese lady.
Very calm.

-She asked me for my first name and last name (long time to spell and her to get it, hopefully she got it right)
-She did not want my Mtgox member number, I was so surprised Sad Her answear "you are at the Center Data"
So strange.

Unbelievable => She took time to give me mtgox url address, she spelled this way letter by letter h t t p : / / ... until m t g o x... .COM
I thought she would have given me a different address... CRAZY

There will an annoncement in 2/3 hours.

Nothing else, I have waited almost an hour for n o t h i n g...

This is a bit ridiculous.
Hope the best for Mt Gox and all customers, and I believe Mt Gox be back soon.

I wanted to call you all sorts of names for being so gullible, but I will refrain because I truly feel sorry for you.

Honestly, I cannot imagine how it must feel to have lost so much.

I suppose holding on to some glimmer of hope is a good thing.

Best of luck to you.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:56:05 AM

They filed bankruptcy, so there is zero chance they will send you money any time soon, sorry.

ITGeniusGuru

Activity: 264

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:19:20 AM

They filed bankruptcy, so there is zero chance they will send you money any time soon, sorry.

Aah... so tat's what
"APPLICATION FOR COMMENCEMENT OF A PROCEDURE OF CIVIL REHABILITATION"
means.
In the USA, there are 2 or 3 different kinds of commercial bankruptcies. Debtors may receive their monies in full (after the company re-structures itself, which can take years), or partially, or nothing at all (if all assets are liquidated, and some debtors are given priority over others).
Anyone knows how this works in Japan?
Anyways, an announcement will be made in few hours. So let's hope it will tell us what to expect.
I have my life savings (0.65 BTC + US$45 Cash) with MtGox Cry
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:22:13 AM

How does the BK thing come into play when folks have already traced 50,000+ coins in wallets still tied directly to MtGox, likely still within their possession?

Its going to be interesting to hear what Mark's explanation is for those addresses, considering he's claiming they only have 2,000 BTC.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
ITGeniusGuru

Activity: 264

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:26:14 AM

folks have already traced 50,000+ coins in wallets still tied directly to MtGox, likely still within their possession?

I do not know all the details, but I read somewhere that MtGox was holding a large amount of BTCs that belonged to the Silk Road. Someone, or a group of hackers, broke into MtGox systems and stole those BTCs (sounds to me like an inside job).

If this is not what happened, then I hereby start an un-substantiated rumor.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:04:34 AM

The "Type" of "bankruptcy protection" they filed, was similar to USA "Chapter 11"... "To pay all debts, and continue to operate".

They need "permission" to use some of the funds left, to pay "operational costs", thus the filing. They have to prove that they actually can "earn or pay-back losses", which will give them the rights to open again, or sell to cover the losses, which HAVE to be payed back...

In any event, essentially GOX themselves are "absorbing all the loss". Once they determine what the final "losses are, pending the investigation".

This is not "Bankruptcy"... (Which is walking away, absolving yourself of all losses.)

Gox will be up and operational in a month or two... or three.. Tongue

If they do, that couldn't be a better sign for BTC... As a whole... and for GOX, being one of the few exchanges that could actually do it. Hope the other exchanges will have that ability...
DarwinNexus

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:35:22 AM

Heh.
I haven't received my phone call yet!  Each day that passes I am dealing with this all a bit better.  Ultimately, I never put that much money into Bitcoin.  I was only relying on it mentally to get me through some of my mortgage and my kid's schooling. 
I will be OK.  Hope I can say the same for everyone else!
kevindeangelis

Activity: 448
Merit: 130

3D-Printing goes Blockchain!

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:41:06 AM

I think that would be true if they were using actual mainstream currencies ... however, since they're in btc, I think they're just closing up and never coming back.
The pages (or lack thereof) that they put on their site can be a good indication on the amount that they care about their business.  It's pretty nonexistent.

TheFootMan

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:42:46 AM

Nothing else, I have waited almost an hour for n o t h i n g...

Congrats, you've just experienced more of classical scam tactics.

You've officially been goxlooped!
mysidia

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:49:18 AM

So they've made official bankruptcy filings, but STILL aren't coming clean.

As if it takes longer to make a rudimentary statement, than to instruct staff to tell customers that "a statement is coming"

BTC: 1FbuJxZCeJUqrP7EpUkgMKWAmAA1M8gUBd
LTC: LbvomgbwKnqk47mWzALCDEoV8ydjxYYYpF
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:49:27 AM

The "Type" of "bankruptcy protection" they filed, was similar to USA "Chapter 11"... "To pay all debts, and continue to operate".

They need "permission" to use some of the funds left, to pay "operational costs", thus the filing. They have to prove that they actually can "earn or pay-back losses", which will give them the rights to open again, or sell to cover the losses, which HAVE to be payed back...

In any event, essentially GOX themselves are "absorbing all the loss". Once they determine what the final "losses are, pending the investigation".

This is not "Bankruptcy"... (Which is walking away, absolving yourself of all losses.)

Gox will be up and operational in a month or two... or three.. Tongue

If they do, that couldn't be a better sign for BTC... As a whole... and for GOX, being one of the few exchanges that could actually do it. Hope the other exchanges will have that ability...

this is good news, i thought all was lost but there may be a glimmer of hope that my whole 2BTC are not lost forever?

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
invisiblefriend

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:56:38 AM

laugh all u want …  Sad

i just wish I didn't have so much flowing through mtgox "regardless" of any known risks --

glimmer of hope is gr8 2 me !  Roll Eyes
TheFootMan

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:04:38 AM

So they've made official bankruptcy filings, but STILL aren't coming clean.

As if it takes longer to make a rudimentary statement, than to instruct staff to tell customers that "a statement is coming"

I guess nobody will really check what they do provide over the phone, and technically I guess nobody can arrest them for saying: What for an update on our website.

At this stage - all we can expect is for them to go through the motions. This is a train wreck. Next update on their website will read:

March 10th 2014

Dear Goxees,

I would kindly like to apologize for the current situation. I can ensure you we're working hard to find a solution which will benefit all parties. We will make an update soonish about our progress. The media attention and legal proceedings and some other issues (my cat puking on my only remaining clean t-shirt) has currently been hampering our process. We appreciate your patience and understanding and can ensure you the current issues will be solved as quickly as possible.

Furthermore I would like to kindly ask that people refrain from asking questions to our staff: they have been instructed not to give any response or information. Please visit this page for further announcements and updates.

For security issues, please contact the local Yakuza, I've instructed them to carefully handle all input overflow without questions.

Meanwhile if feeling bored, try our exciting goxloop; call +81 3-4588-3921, please have your sob story ready, we will listen closely, alert the necessary crew to deal with the situaion and can ensure you that your inquiry is of outmost importance to us and will be dealt with swiftly, within 1000 businessdays or something like that.

Sincerely,
Mark Karpeles the Master of Gox
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: