Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:18:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two "Must Listens" for everyone in the Bitcoin Community  (Read 1098 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:30:08 AM

I'd like to reiterate the importance of everyone listening to these two episodes from beginning to end.

Charlie Shrem tells what it was like to be arrested, what law enforcement is doing behind the scenes about Bitcoin (including monitoring these forums daily), how he was treated, and what their motivations are.
http://letstalkbitcoin.com/e87-the-captive-and-the-mountain/#.UxP2loWJcpA

If you have any questions about the current Gox situation - you must listen to this.  You may be very surprised.
http://letstalkbitcoin.com/e88-gox-gox-gox-gox-gox-gox-gox/#.UxP2-4WJcpA

Sometimes I listen to this podcast and get this overwhelming sense that its invaluable information for everyone.  Hope you guys don't mind.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rat

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:32:35 AM

dude. the feds don't come after you like this unless they are 99.9% sure they can get a conviction.

charlie is not a clean guy.
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 06:58:00 AM

dude. the feds don't come after you like this unless they are 99.9% sure they can get a conviction.

I know what it's like to end up in a surreal circumstance.
Don't make assumptions about things you have very little information about.

Charlie Shrem is my daughter's age.
Karpeles was in over his head.
Not saying whether either of them is innocent or not but ... ?

Thanks Bittburger, watching now

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
rat

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:11:51 AM

I know what it's like to end up in a surreal circumstance.
Don't make assumptions about things you have very little information about.

Charlie Shrem is my daughter's age.
Karpeles was in over his head.
Not saying whether either of them is innocent or not but ... ?

Thanks Bittburger, watching now

this guy was a bitcoin whale who manipulated markets, laundered money for a drug site, and continues to move his coins around - pumping and dumping.

he's a fucking liar, and a scammer.

unfortunately, i listened to the show, and the guy just makes my judgement more certain.

stop making these assholes victims.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 07:28:40 AM

It's true, a lot of these guys people keep trying to point out as victims are extremely shady to begin with, I don't know about Shrem but when it comes to MTGOX I saw their fuckups back when I first joined Bitcointalk, a lot of these people are creating their own downfall with the way they act. Don't think just because you're into Bitcoin you're automatically immune from people thinking you're a scumbag for committing blatant fraud, the rules in any economy are the same.

Don't commit fraud, don't steal and don't kill.
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 07:34:09 AM

"Not saying whether either of them is innocent or not but ... ?"

You don't know what you don't know. *a quote I heard years ago, words to live by.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:23:28 AM

At 24 min, Charlie explains that he was very near to getting a resolution within the Foundation on being more proactive about the recurrent Mt. Gox problems. Perhaps this is why he was discrediting by the government.

I speculate the government has been somehow involved in creating the Mt. Gox failures, in order to push their coming regulatory control of Bitcoin.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
rat

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:25:38 AM

At 24 min, Charlie explains that he was very near to getting a resolution within the Foundation on being more proactive about the recurrent Mt. Gox problems. Perhaps this is why he was discrediting by the government.

I speculate the government has been somehow involved in creating the Mt. Gox failures, in order to push their coming regulatory control of Bitcoin.

he's lying. there was no resolution. otherwise, he would have shared his resolution.

the only discussion that took place was what they both agreed would be said so that neither one incriminated the other.

they are both being investigated for MONEY LAUNDERING.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:50:58 AM

he's lying. there was no resolution. otherwise, he would have shared his resolution.

the only discussion that took place was what they both agreed would be said so that neither one incriminated the other.

How do we know you are not a paid government infiltration agent?

Can you corroborate any of your allegations?

I am not saying you are incorrect, but all I read is mud slinging and no corroboration of facts.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:25:49 AM

I am not saying you are incorrect, but all I read is mud slinging and no corroboration of facts.
How do we know that you and rat aren't the exact same paid infiltration agent?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:39:18 AM

Oh no he's:

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: