Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:18:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Order through webstore:GRIDSEED 115$(shipped) Worldwide, 37 USB Miners for 1200$  (Read 12681 times)
karanveer (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:35:39 PM

Any update on tracking?

Would really like to hash soon.
Shipping on monday  Smiley

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yeahright

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:05:41 PM

Received my 2 units.  No duties!! Thanks!
karanveer (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:09:19 PM

Received my 2 units.  No duties!! Thanks!
Your Welcome.
Smiley

dyland

Activity: 238

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:13:31 PM

Mine came in today as well.  No duty Smiley

Set it up in about 1 hour, however I trashed the controller and used my RPi with Scripta.  Works like a charm.

Currently running at 850, but I will try 900.  We don't need fans right?  I can remove them if I am only running Scrypt I think.  Cut down on noise and save energy.

Hey,

I heard scripta can be buggy.

I am wavering between wheezy and scripta.

any issues so far with scripta???

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
MaxGen

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:26:20 PM

I've been running Scripta since I received my miners.  There was one incident when the devices were not showing and I had to reboot, but it has been solid for me the rest of the time.
dyland

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:40:43 PM

I've been running Scripta since I received my miners.  There was one incident when the devices were not showing and I had to reboot, but it has been solid for me the rest of the time.

Does the overvolting work with wheezy too?

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
TheDirtybird

Activity: 206

http://canadianbit.com/ - Let's Mine Canadian!

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 12:12:32 AM

Received my shipment today.. no taxes.. no fees.. so in total was shipped on a Monday and arrived at my door the following Monday.. so 1 week from time i got tracking number to my doorstep.  I will post some pictures once i get time to deal with this box.. hopefully soon.  Smiley  So I can definitely say that the seller is legit.. I payed and a week later I had my stuff.. all is well.. good honest Canadian Seller.  Very pleased with that aspect.. pictures and an update to follow once i have time.
dyland

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:14:15 AM

Man....why is mine taking so long? ^

MaxGen

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:18:55 AM

Sure, the overclocking/overvolting is a hardware mod, plus a frequency change in the cgminer startup line

sudo /usr/bin/screen -dmS cgminer /opt/minepeon/bin/cgminer --scrypt --no-submit-stale --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=950

I've been running Scripta since I received my miners.  There was one incident when the devices were not showing and I had to reboot, but it has been solid for me the rest of the time.

Does the overvolting work with wheezy too?

karanveer (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:21:47 AM

Received my shipment today.. no taxes.. no fees.. so in total was shipped on a Monday and arrived at my door the following Monday.. so 1 week from time i got tracking number to my doorstep.  I will post some pictures once i get time to deal with this box.. hopefully soon.  Smiley  So I can definitely say that the seller is legit.. I payed and a week later I had my stuff.. all is well.. good honest Canadian Seller.  Very pleased with that aspect.. pictures and an update to follow once i have time.
Thank you for the support
48 hour shipping for the next GB with lower prices
And controller changed for raspberry pi

karanveer (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:23:31 AM

@ Dylan
Miners where dated to ship today. Sorry for the delay.
Will update tracking number tomorrow

TheDirtybird

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 05:38:13 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 12:11:44 AM by TheDirtybird

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y302/thedirtybird2/CAM00088_zps7b2782b5.jpg

All hashing away.. I am hoping someone comes out with a nice windows program to detect and possibly mine both scrypt/sha easily.. i had a little trouble with cgminer.. what i did was download the modified cgminer and have it running.. then one by one you have to plug in the grids to the usb and wait for the "hotplug" in it to detect them... small pain but works none the less..all hashing at 850mhz @ 361.7kh/s.. stable overnight so far.  Getting a few HW errors..but not many.

*Update..
I was able to navigate the wiibox website (chinese - its all in chinese!.. even wiibox local configuration) and get my wiibox controller updated (came as v1.7 and updated to v2.07 - couldn't do anything with it till i fully updated it).. I am now successfully dual mining.. seems ok .. just one incident in 24 hours of one of the grids seemed to lose its connection to controller overnight : Remedy - reseat its usb connection on the hub.. not sure if this is a usb hub problem or controller problem.. i did not have to restart the mining or anything.. it was just instantly detected and started mining.. i also blew a fuse (too many video cards in one room) and the wiibox and grids.. powered back up and started mining again all by themselves without me doing anything after I reset the breaker. (took about 2 minutes before I could tell they were mining again) Just wanted to say that with firmware update and a bit of patience and translation these work as stated with everything that came in the box.
karanveer (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:54:04 PM

One of the buyers is facing this problem. Can anybody help?

Everytime i try plugging in the USB i get the following bubble message,

"One of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message"

I checked further into the unknown device on device manager properties and the following error shows below,

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I have tried this single miner on three different laptops and a desktop, using zadig and without using zadig. This is the only miner giving me problems. The green light flashes on it so i know its getting power but it is not working.

MaxGen

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:18:55 PM

I'm sure this was probably already tried, but I hope he's trying a different USB cable...

"One of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message"

I checked further into the unknown device on device manager properties and the following error shows below,

I have tried this single miner on three different laptops and a desktop, using zadig and without using zadig. This is the only miner giving me problems. The green light flashes on it so i know its getting power but it is not working.
karanveer (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:44:57 PM

I'm sure this was probably already tried, but I hope he's trying a different USB cable...

okay MaxGen
I also advised the same,
try a different USB cable.
remove and re scan for hardware.

TheDirtybird

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 12:14:36 AM

Yes, my order came with a 2 spare USB-grid cables .. i imagine its for that exact reason .. in case of a bad cable.. try a different cable..good advice.. all mine have worked accordingly but nice to know there were spares in my order!  Not sure what your setup is but that is one of the first steps in troubleshooting device failure.
karanveer (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:47:01 PM

Miners from last buy shipped.
One non functional miner reported to gridseed
In process of replacing

TheDirtybird

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 11:03:07 PM

A new update came out today for the Wiibox Controller  v2.1.0.. adds some new feature of i believe failover pool settings..haven't fully explored or translated yet.. just passing on info to fellow grid seed miners using the box. Smiley

Cheers!
karanveer (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:21:37 AM

Get the miners while they last! !I

dyland

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:51:43 AM

Got the miners, and they threw in the pi instead, which was great, but how the hell do I hook up the power?Huh They gave me UK power adapter?Huh

ugh.  Sad Sad Sad

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: