Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:24:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why locking threads which are actually helpful?  (Read 659 times)
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:23:03 PM

So you're saying that Mr. ralle14 is Mr. rickbig41?  Huh

That's embarrassing. It's a mistake. I mistook rickbig41 as ralle41 since both name starts with r.  Cheesy

I've edited my post.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 05:33:49 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2018, 05:46:06 PM by finaleshot2016

So you're saying that Mr. ralle14 is Mr. rickbig41?  Huh

That's embarrassing. It's a mistake. I mistook rickbig41 as ralle41 since both name starts with r.  Cheesy

I've edited my post.

Ohhh, When you link those reference, you probably saw the OP right?.. nevermind. It's evening here in 12.88° N, 121.77° E, we should get some rest.  Wink  Wink
Silent26 (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:21:48 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2018, 09:33:36 AM by Silent26

We leave threads open and people complain asking why they're still allowed to be spammed in and haven't been locked or trashed yet. We lock them and people still complain. Can't have it both ways.

Actually, it's my first time to tackle a topic like this. It's just fine to lock threads which are useless and I won't argue with that, but when it comes to locking useful threads well it's a different issue compared to those useless threads. Well, sorry hilariousetc if it seems like I'm complaining but actually I'm just asking for clarifications why this is happening to our local.
Threads are locked for a variety of reasons: duplicates, served their purpose, turning into spam megathreads etc, but staff can't win.
I've seen those threads and I think
Duplicate- it's not a duplicate in my opinion, the contents are translated into tagalog from the original with references so I don't think it's duplicate.
Turning into spam megathreads - theyoungmillionaire's threads are self moderated and I think s/he intentionally do it to avoid unwanted replies so that the thread will not become spam megathreads. But it still has been locked.

I don't really know what's the reason for those threads being locked. I know our Mods has some valid reasons why but I'm really curious what are those. Well, maybe because they're not Bitcoin related topic but I still wish to open those threads as they are good discussions about the forum.

If you want to get an answer as to why a specific thread was locked then contact your local mods. If you make your case they might reopen them but at least you can get an answer as to why they were locked in the first place. They're usually done so for one of the reasons listed above though.
Thanks hilariousetc, but do they suppose to reply in this thread too? I'm sure that they are visiting Meta section too and maybe (just maybe) they already saw this thread but still no response from them Sad

theyoungmillionaire inspired a lot of poster not only in our local board that's why I'm fighting for those threads (including other threads I've mentioned made by other members) so that it won't become useless as they are now under a lot of spam threads.

That's embarrassing. It's a mistake. I mistook rickbig41 as ralle41 since both name starts with r.  Cheesy

I've edited my post.
Not so sure. Hmmmm Smiley

404 Not Found
Silent26 (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:12:24 PM

Still hooking up for answers. Looks like it's been forgotten already Smiley

404 Not Found
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 03:33:56 AM

Still hooking up for answers. Looks like it's been forgotten already Smiley

Yo @Silent26, I think we should open this up in this local instead since we haven't receive any answers regarding the locked topics or any development in the local for the sake of the community. If i have enough time to open up this in our local board, I'll also add up the application of @crwth as a merit source in our local to have more supporters since it's for the betterment of the local.

I hope when i post it there, higher ups should also give their opinion regarding this case. I hate the fact that people treat some of the posters as crab mentality even they're trying to think for the best of the local.
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:22:27 PM

Yo @Silent26, I think we should open this up in this local instead since we haven't receive any answers regarding the locked topics or any development in the local for the sake of the community. If i have enough time to open up this in our local board, I'll also add up the application of @crwth as a merit source in our local to have more supporters since it's for the betterment of the local.

I hope when i post it there, higher ups should also give their opinion regarding this case. I hate the fact that people treat some of the posters as crab mentality even they're trying to think for the best of the local.
I also think that having some regular conversation with our local moderator will be a sure thing to help eradicate this issue. rickbig41 is active in our local I always see him posting and meriting some low ranked members there. Dabs is not that active and is now rarely making some posts in our local.

May I ask, have you guys attempted in sending private message to them? I hope that our moderator is active when it comes to PM's cause it is nice to see that there are some filipinos who really cares about the content of the forum, OUR MOD SHOULD BE HAPPY.

Philippines Section is currently moving to a more organized and healthy discussion by the ways. I've seen a lot of newbies and Jr's who has guts in making quality posts.

Posting in our local will be the best move I think. Let us here the opinion of our mod. Also try posting all your concerns all in one topic to avoid repeated posts. Its just that we also value their time.
Silent26 (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:03:35 AM

I've seen that one of my concern fellow citizens finaleshot2016  made a thread about this issue in our local board but seems like we're still having no response from our respected Mods. Maybe they're just busy but they should have responded to it already by now. Looks like they don't want to resolve this problem that we member were facing. A simple response of their reasons will be enough but still waiting for any actions.

404 Not Found
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:44:17 AM

I've seen that one of my concern fellow citizens finaleshot2016  made a thread about this issue in our local board but seems like we're still having no response from our respected Mods. Maybe they're just busy but they should have responded to it already by now. Looks like they don't want to resolve this problem that we member were facing. A simple response of their reasons will be enough but still waiting for any actions.
I feel like our local board is being deserted by our local moderator. Moving, locking and deleting threads is not enough to make some improvements. Are they responding to PM's, maybe it's not (that is why OP is posting here)

We deserve a 2 way communication process. An active participation is enough. Undecided
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:34:54 AM

There is one more thing that you can do about is that can reduce the risk of a thread getting locked. You need to tell people to make the thread as a self moderation thread and the OP must be active to fight the spam in their own thread. By this way, the thread will be active and less spam which will make the local moderators happy and seeing the thread is a wall made thread and useful for people.

Well, by looking at your country (same as mine tho), it is hard to control a spam in your self moderated thread.
Silent26 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:28:56 AM

There is one more thing that you can do about is that can reduce the risk of a thread getting locked. You need to tell people to make the thread as a self moderation thread and the OP must be active to fight the spam in their own thread.
Actually, two of theyoungmillionaire's thread which are included in those topics that has been locked are self moderated and still, there is no chance of getting unlocked or not locked and I'm pretty sure that the reason why theyoungmillionaire is self moderating his threads is to avoid unwanted replies from spammers.

Until now, I really don't know the main reason why our Mods locked it.
✔️Useful
✔️Informative
✔️Self Moderated
But locked. They should have at least tell us the reason. Locking it because it's not a Bitcoin or crypto related topic isn't a valid reason IMHO. Our Mods are not even cooperating with some improvement ideas in our local board  Sad

404 Not Found
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: