Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:33:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you're gonna make an ICO, what would you name your coin?  (Read 207 times)
Elqui (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:12:55 AM

I want to make Bethcoin because thats my name lol. I want it to be an exchange with no limits and trading fee, just donations like etherscan hehe
erox

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:16:16 AM

I think you should come up with some big name, like NEXTCoin or something. So people will invest more in your project, as my experience suggests. IMHO

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
deviltasha

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:18:23 AM

I do not think that name is vital, the idea of the project is more important, so I think people who are creating ICO should think more about idea than about name.
Iwillgotothemoon

Activity: 171
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:05:35 AM

I do not think that name is vital, the idea of the project is more important, so I think people who are creating ICO should think more about idea than about name.
I agree with your point of view, the name is not important, you can call any name, the key is the content, how is your coin changing human beings is the most important.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
JaoBadjap

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 09:07:58 AM

I want to make Bethcoin because thats my name lol. I want it to be an exchange with no limits and trading fee, just donations like etherscan hehe
Well i would go to something catchy and of course a real nice project behind it.
that also could provide and benefit the community.
in a way it could also attract possible investors outside of the cryptocurrency community.
like CleverCoin, anyone who has it is clever as hell.
Elqui (OP)

Activity: 243

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:24:20 AM

Well i would go to something catchy and of course a real nice project behind it.
that also could provide and benefit the community.
in a way it could also attract possible investors outside of the cryptocurrency community.
like CleverCoin, anyone who has it is clever as hell.
You should also create a CleverWallet to store the CleverCoin, dont worry i got the CleverExchange.  Grin
Adecrypt83
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:26:27 AM

Inasmuch as a catchy name is good for a project but the most important thing about a project is the idea behind it and the problem that it solves. If the use case is beneficial to humanity and our world, the name does not really mean much.
aleksnutis

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:30:50 AM

In my options, there will definitely be no words protocol, coin, chain. It will be some short name or an abbreviation of a long name. I'm more attracted to the names of something like: Strut, Mirtl, Cartun, Nervigo, etc.
AndrewBrown

Activity: 251
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 03:29:23 PM

For now, I really do not have an Idea, cos I have not exactly ever thought of this, and never imagined creating a coin of my own. but if it ever does happen, I think that the name of my coin would probably be after something I have a strong passion for at that point, or best named after the project I would have ongoing.
jarojak

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 03:44:41 PM

The topic is the name of the coin, so let's talk about name not what is important.

I want to make Bitchcoin.  No, it's not my name and I am not a bitch.  LOL
bibie26

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 03:46:29 PM

its a funny question but its also interesting, if im will doing some ico, i would give my coin or token name with success coin with ticker symbol SCS. Grin
echodike

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:28:06 AM

I think you should come up with some big name, like NEXTCoin or something. So people will invest more in your project, as my experience suggests. IMHO

I don't think name matters at all in this case, what really matter is the idea, if you present good idea, people will invest no matter what you might called it, I have seen some coins been name in their native names which could mean another thing in another language, so idea matters not name IMHO
elosi

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:44:45 PM

I think making a coin should not just be for the sake of making a coin and listing it on the exchanges, before you make a coin, you should think about it's utility, if it doesn't bring any utility to the app then their is no use or need to create the coin .
losiva

Activity: 206
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:10:23 PM

For me I want to make a coin and I will called it rwards, the coins will be use to reward people who click, view or watch ads been displayed on site, big brands pay huge money for ads but the site owners takes the whole money alone, so rwards will reward people who will take part in the ads by viewing it, click on it, or watching the ads. I have full draft of the project.  Wink
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:51:04 PM

That’s great but I think you will need to have a strong marketing team since the name of your coin is quiet not good for me. If I were to make coin, the name would be PhilCoin since this is my country name and for sure all the Filipinos will support it and that can be a good marketing strategies for me.
bitcoinpeople1

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:22:30 AM

If I was going to make an ICO, the name of my coin would be related to something about the project, and that I do not know about now, seeing as I do not have anything in mind, and I have never actually imagined developing a coin, or crating a project. It would be nice to think about this sometime soon though.  Smiley
yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:36:39 AM

The choice of name of ico is important too because there are some names you see that gets you passed off at first sight. But the fact is that name does not really depict how strong and successful a project will be. I would prefer an exchange project for myself too
becklyn06

Activity: 79

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 10:55:22 AM

Name is  very important as it can catch the interest of possible investors even before the person does his or her research. So something catchy name will suffice but its worthy to note also that the name is quite superficial as content is much more beneficial than name so its two ways if you ask me- Great name and good content will do the trick.
harapan

Activity: 1722
Merit: 298

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:00:51 AM

I think the name for the coin is too important because most investors will not see the name but they will see the product, the team and some of the offers that will be given, if you also have many reputable partners, you will be successful even with a ridiculous name. Cheesy

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
louie69

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:11:25 AM

Well, an ICO name is a very important consideration in the ICO crypto market which I think it has something related to the project platform. In my opinion, the name should have an impact to the investors that could be easily remembered and should have a blockchain technology that is competitive with the other ICO's. An ICO should have a strong image that the investors would not doubt it's purpose having an ICO name that should sound nice and prestigious.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: