Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:15:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you had to create your own altcoin, what coin your would choose to fork?  (Read 254 times)
TheWolf666 (OP)

Activity: 615
Merit: 154

CEO of Metaisland.gg and W.O.K Corp

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 12:56:04 PM

Would you start from Bitcoin core, Litecoin? Bytecoin? or another?

bitcoinminer566

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:34:16 PM

Maybe I would start from Litecoin. Litecoin is a really potential coin and I prefer it most for its speed. It is really very fast. So I would use Litecoin to fork if I create my own altcoin.
kumiskura

Activity: 632
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:41:54 PM

Maybe I would start from Litecoin. Litecoin is a really potential coin and I prefer it most for its speed. It is really very fast. So I would use Litecoin to fork if I create my own altcoin.

I bet you never use Stellar even once right ? as far as i remember and based on my own experience,Stellar is the fastest coin right now.
you only need 5 seconds to send your money from your wallet to another wallet,
even if you use an exchange wallet,it won't take you more than 5 minutes to get the money from your exchange.
crypto-bit456

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 07:18:22 PM

IF we think about this matter then most of the people will choose Bitcoin based on this value and goodwill in the market also it is a good decision to choose this.
listoncrypto

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 07:46:04 PM

"The majority of the people would go for Litecoins because of the goodwill that is associated with this coin. Also this seems like a wise decision too because of its algorithm.
"
cryptocrabs2

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 08:28:04 PM

Even though forked coins are not something to be dependent on, but yes they do come in handy for the short run. And choosing a core is not an easy decision. But the best one would be LItecoins for the core of an altcoin to be forked.
cryptofun888

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:20:12 PM

The majority will pick either Bitcoin core or maybe Litecoin. This is mainly because of the algorithm and that the people have a lot of trust associated with it. So making a fork coin with it will be good thing.
ZainSpider

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:32:45 PM

Litecoin is a nice base. Today Tron also launched a similar contracts to ethereum but they are way cheaper and faster than ether.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
bitcoinhunter888

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:58:40 PM

TinyCoin which is a cryptocurrency written in python by Jeremy Rubin is a very easy forkable ALTcoin and the coin was introduced so that people could fork it for educational purposes. I have seen my friends trying to fork it in the past and I would definitely like to try my hands on it.
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:17:37 PM

I think i would like to go for stellar. Just recently i discovered the opportunities inherent in stellar and the future prospects it has. If i decide to have a fork of it, that might be the first and it means i while be pioneering it.
ViolentBee

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:08:31 AM

Litecoin before the segwit branch was the easiest to fork. It was exactly like Bitcoin plus a genesis block and multiple different settings. It would be really interesting to fork that old model rather than the new one. There has been numerous forks of the old LTC till now and I still see a lot of potential for it's forks in the future.
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:14:03 AM

algorand

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
BlueBruiser

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:48:29 AM

I tried forking once and to be honest I don't really like forked coins as according to me all the forks are just shitcoins without any purpose, so I never tried forking anymore coins but If I get the chance, I would like to try forking Litecoin as the codes are almost same as Bitcoin and there are plenty of guides out there to fork it.
Catesknee

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:39:38 AM

Bitcoin fork is more legitimate than others. First, learn how to Create Blockchain and then fork Bitcoin to have your own cryptocurrency. Remember, many altcoins has been made and crashed as well. To make your coins sustainable research well and make a good coin.
Hablinfuld

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:28:48 AM

It depends on whether you are planning to fork for educational purposes or for professional purposes. If you choose to fork for learning, Jeremy Rubin's TinyCoin is just perfect as a small currency with 1000 codes line. If for serious business, Choose Litecoin, I suggest.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:40:35 AM

if you wanted to create a shitcoin to pump and dump and make money you shouldn't create a fork coin you would start an ICO scam and rip idiots off just like thousands of others that are doing it these days.

creating a fork coin is a only profitable if you can silently add a premine to it like what BTG did or if you already have a huge amount of the original coin like what BCH did so that you can make a lot of money by creating that shitcoin fork.

but if you wanted to create a real project with actual utilities then you wouldn't even ask this question in first place, instead you start from scratch and build a strong system based on the technology not based on some other coin.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Hishoutt

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:44:20 AM

Though I don't prefer forking coins as most of the forked coins turn out as shitcoins, as we can see in the market, I would choose Bitcoin forking. BTC has many forking agents who help to make a personal coin of my own.
idioma1

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:47:43 AM

I guess many people would go to Litecoin as well as me
anafiene

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:00:08 AM

Looking back at the movements that occur in the market, the fork will continue to grow and have good value. In some time it will get better, especially at the beginning of this month, it seems the beginning will bring good luck.

TOYOB BISWAS

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:02:29 AM

i will start with bytecoin as i heard some rumor scam news about litecoin. that's why i can not gain enough courage on litecoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: