Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:24:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Security  (Read 1920 times)
airdrop291 (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:12:38 PM

Hi All

What do you use for your bitcoin security, I have been looking into usb style password protectors, but don't know enough about them as to the trust that I should place in them.

Has anyone bought them and would you recommend them?

Many thanks

Airdrop291
Naelanikor

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:52:17 PM

I strongly believe that BTC has a great secure system. Of course people should follow main tips concerning privacy and security because hackers and scammers can easily use their information
cryptocooper57

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 07:17:28 PM

Bitcoin is the number 1 crypto currency in this crypto market and they has a great security system and investor also need to maintain their privacy for protect their account from scammers.
TheBitcoinBadger10

Activity: 261

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 08:26:49 PM

Comparatively bitcoin has the best security system than any other crypto currencies. You now need to secure you wallet from being hacked and for this you will have make a strong password and try to be updated with your password.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 08:41:32 PM

Well actually I only use an online wallet for my BTC I really think it is secure enough to handle the situation at hand, you just need to learn to activate the F2P security that the site will provide for you, Well all the given security purpose for you, But if you surely want a more secure you need to go in an expensive wallet that is truly off line so you can be sure that it will be safe against hackers, But it will be sure prone to lost or your can misplace a certain wallet that have a size of a USB, So you need to be really careful about it.
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1344
Merit: 288

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:09:37 PM

If you mean something like Ledger HW.1 or Nano S, then yes, they are the best security for bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies if you go for the Nano S, which is an a upgrade from the HW.1 with more features, albeit pricier). They serve as a U2F (Universal 2nd Factor Authentication) which simplifies the authentication process while providing more security, and they are the best at it (TREZOR as well). If I had to choose between the two, I would go with the Nano S as it is more secure and lessens your chances of experiencing Man–In–The–Middle–Attack.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
MoneyCryptor520

Activity: 257

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:18:59 PM

Bitcoin itself is a safe and secure crypto currency. So there is nothing to be worried about if you wish to be associated with this coin. If you are talking about storage as in where to keep the coins, there are a lot of secure wallets out there such as Coinbase. And use 2FD for the verification purpose.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:39:34 PM

Well actually I only use an online wallet for my BTC I really think it is secure enough to handle the situation at hand, you just need to learn to activate the F2P security that the site will provide for you,

Two factor authentication offered by many websites is insecure. Many believe that SMS codes can protect one from password breaches. As we have seen, it's still possible to get control over one's phone number. Offline software wallet would be much wiser choice these days since it can't be hacked without a direct access.
Juliedarwin

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:47:43 PM

Bitcoin is the number one cryptocurrency as I know, and lot of people will know that. In the first place bitcoin is a popular and a very known as a cryptocurrency because of they have the best value and the best campaign. They have a safe and secured and that's why people will really want it too.
cryptocrabs2

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:57:55 PM

The security of the bitcoin is really great and it has the strongest security but you will need to ensure the security of your wallet where you will put your bitcoin. You will need to have strong password and you can also use 2FD verification for security purposes.
Nanacoin

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:12:32 PM

Your bitcoin security is you. Do not publicize your bitcoin account's private key. Your coin will be safe and secured from theft, fraud and scams. Almost be vigilant about scam packages that demand your bitcoin detail, they may be steal your coins.
131tc01n

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:43:15 PM

everyone here has ever bought bitcoin, those who feel they are losing bitcoin, they mean they have done carelessness, keep your address and private key in a place that cannot be accessed by the internet using internet access when you just want to transact
differentiate your bitcoin wallet storage with other software storage
Mudah_rezeki

Activity: 119

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:57:23 PM

I think bitcoin already has strong security. It's hard to break down. Because it loses bitcoin. By going to our mess. 
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:06:37 AM

"usb style password protectors"

Password and login protection is different from hardware wallet. What exactly do you need? If you need protection for the Bitcoin that you have already bought, hardware wallet like trezor offer everything that you need. But if you need protection for your passwords, yubikeys are great. The problem is that not every exchange accept they. In fact, most do not accept. I know bitmex accept. But Binance and Polo don't.
godfredmanu

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:10:29 AM

The best bitcoins security is the use of cold wallet to store your wallet and if you can't afford that and you are using an online client, then preserving your private key from unauthorized person is the best way to secure your bitcoin.

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
bellator66

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:18:02 AM

You now need to secure your wallet from hackers and for this you must create a strong password and try to update it with your password.
Bitcoin is comparative to have the best security system compared to other crypto currencies.
FrozenPhantom

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:07:07 AM

You can always store your coins in Coinbase's system. They are not really a wallet system but you can keep your coins there and be content with it. Otherwise, hardware wallets are the way to go. Electrum, Trezor and Ledger Nano S are some great hardware wallets that will help you with storing your coins.
raden1922

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

Colletrix-Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worlds

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:18:29 AM

I think security on BTC or whatever depends on us how to anticipate it. must be more careful and careful. I think so far BTC has good security. that's according to my personal experience. thanks.

━  ━━  ━━━     colletrix     ━━━  ━━  ━
Revolutionizing the IP Industry via Tokenization
━      [ I E O June 2019 ]      ━
RockFlash

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:46:06 AM

There are mobile wallets like Breadwallet, Coinbase, Copay etc and these are very reliable. However, if you can spend a bit more money then you should try out hardware wallets. They are very safe and secure to store you coins and they have enough layers of security to keep the coins intact.
Suketlapangan

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:52:32 AM

the key to security is in yourself, you have to be careful and take care of your wallet, so it's not easy to steal people .
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: