Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:20:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Security  (Read 1912 times)
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:28:15 PM

The only thing that I needed to to use is my brain LOL. Well kidding aside, it is actually true, that you only needed to use your brain. The only reason why people are getting scammed or something is because they are not using their brain and they do things which a knowledgeable investor will never do unless they are out of their minds. Just be knowledgeable and read many articles and try to hear success bitcoiners thoughts. This will inform you on things you should know.
sidebyside

Activity: 245
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:33:19 PM

For me, I choose to protect my bitcoin by using online wallet. choose a long password and use both numbers and letters and special characters to set as passwords .. using F2P security mode. I think these things help me keep my bitcoin safe.

kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:37:23 PM

without anything, just use the bitcoin system, blockchain has the high securituy without third application, as long you can save your private key, your password and your account information, your bitcoin and your cryptocurrency will secure

leetcoiner

Activity: 1056
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:06:53 PM

Hi All

What do you use for your bitcoin security, I have been looking into usb style password protectors, but don't know enough about them as to the trust that I should place in them.

Has anyone bought them and would you recommend them?

Many thanks

Airdrop291

Hey. It is always better at the moment is to create a file with all your passwords, then set a password on it to add to the archive. Next, we throw off this archive either on a virtual disk or on a USB drive. For greater security is to duplicate it at least 2 times. At the moment it is the easiest, most reliable and at the same time the cheapest way to secure your assets. If you have money you can buy cold purse type Ledger.
OSYA

Activity: 647
Merit: 255

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 04:09:16 PM

Hi All

What do you use for your bitcoin security, I have been looking into usb style password protectors, but don't know enough about them as to the trust that I should place in them.

Many thanks

Airdrop291

The most important is where you keep your bitcoins. I strongly recommend using only hardware wallets. They are the most reliable and safe now. So better take precautions in advance.

rishad quraishi

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 04:44:52 PM

Usung only online wallet is not secure at all. Though it has a 2 factor authentication but hackers can breach the security easily I think. So using a hardware wallet is the best choice because hackers can't reach your wallet as it is offline option. There are many websites that offers security for your online wallet which is not secured  in my openion. I think hardware wallet is the best option for security.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:18:33 PM

Hackers and scammers are always trying to find new ways to obtain their information. Offline software wallet is a better choice since it can't be hacked without an access. You had better prefer having  strong password and use 2FD verification.
I agree with this, it is impossible to protect yourself from all the forms in which a hacker can get access to your machine so the best way to protect it is to have your coins off line as much as possible and the best way to do that is with a hardware wallet, that way it is going to be impossible for the hackers to get to your money since they will need physical access to your house for that to happen and if you also hide your hardware wallet in a place only you know the chances of losing your coins drops considerably.
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 11:09:25 AM

Hi All

Many thanks

Airdrop291

Well buy yourself a hardware wallet (did you have it on your mind when you said "a USB style password protector"?) it is both the most secure (as of current standards) and easy-to-use device to protect your bitcoins and enable you to use them at the same time. Two manufacturers are worth considering: Ledger and Trezor. Good luck!
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:11:18 PM

Hi All

Many thanks

Airdrop291
I guess the thing that you need to use is the hardware wallet that like usb style. You can buy it in online market and many people already use because of its security and it can totally secure your bitcoin from hacker.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
Labib1
Copper Member

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:41:45 PM

Although they have a great security system, hackers are even more powerful and they are launching new strategies. So you need to Offline store to save your bitcoin and you can secure your password and other stuff need to be secured.
mithon2017

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:43:39 PM

Bitcoin is the Frist crypto currency of Blockchain technology. its security is very safe. Bitcoin transaction  safe , easy and fast. if you have proper knowledge about Bitcoin, you can make e successful life  using it. I use only one wallet when I hold my Bitcoin. you can  always should be careful your wallet, PC, password.
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:44:59 PM

Actually hardware wallet,2FA verification system high regoations password will help you good security.so totally we need to carefully Activity,and need to hide your private key.then I hope you will 90% more safe.
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:48:44 PM

If you are looking for more security for your assets or for something else. You should buy a hardware wallet which would be costly for you but will provide, what you actually looking for. But bitcoin is the father of all cryptocurrency and very secure and safe look at me personally do not use any other security device but only depend on bitcoin.

rosepetals

Activity: 650

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:57:55 PM

Hi All

Many thanks

Airdrop291
I have hard and soft copy on my wallet address and private keys..and what i think is very important is that I don't let anybody knew about my wallet address.. those person that i trusted the most is the person that i want him/her to know, for my emergency purposes.

MbakNarti

Activity: 679
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:18:07 PM

For me, blockchain is quite safe and we can trust for bitcoin storage that we have, and then we ourselves must protect it by maintaining the confidentiality of the bitcoin password that we have in order to avoid the thieves who always lurk the bitcoin that we have. but if you really want something that you think is better, my advice is to use Ledger Nano, because that for me is also quite safe and we can trust it.
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:29:27 PM

The security of the bitcoin is really great and it has the strongest security but you will need to ensure the security of your wallet where you will put your bitcoin. You will need to have strong password and you can also use 2FD verification for security purposes.

Bitcoin has a good security but there are many ways to make it more secure. Having good wallet like ledger will really to make more secure your bitcoin. In terms of security you should be careful so that no one can stealth your bitcoin.
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:52:06 PM

I think I don't need to add more of security on my coin, because I believe bitcoin has its secure system that protect bitcoin from bad things, I think it's enough and proper to keep bitcoin far away from scammers
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 02:20:39 PM

Hi All

Many thanks

Airdrop291

I use standard security for bitcoin wallets or exchanges.
The most important thing is that you should focus on avoiding malware, phishing, and viruses ... because all of that concerns your PC's health.

Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 02:34:59 PM

Hi All

Many thanks

Airdrop291

the risk level of hacking is not on the bitcoin wallet, but on the exchange. on average most hackers target exchange as their target rather than an individual wallet.
well for me, the bitcoin wallet that we often use is also very safe from hacking because it has an online security system.
Raju Ahammed

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 02:43:46 PM

I think bitcoin has good security system.Hacker are beside here to hacking our bitcoin from our wallet or many kind of exchange.Because they want to get bitcoin without any hard work.Hackers and scamers are provably target the exchange system to hack.we should don't use our wallet in a exchange for long time.If any one have to effort a hard ware wallet, that will be great.Otherwise they should keep there wallet and privet keys only his responsibilty,thank you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: