Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:33:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Please, we should not totally eliminate fiat currency  (Read 27218 times)
mjloulie

Activity: 147
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:19:01 AM

From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.
Fiat currency will not be eliminated ever. We use it in a day basis in our everyday lives. Yes, we are now living in a digital world and many people now using cryptocurrency on their payment transactions but still we cannot use it at all times. Fiat is important and  it has been part of our life since ages. Fiat will stay no matter what.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cindykhato

Activity: 59

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:19:13 AM

From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.
Yeah we can still use Fiat for many years or decade as this will not easily eliminated even if crypto will become mainstream. We had different understanding about crypto that's why not all countries had supported this technology.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:34:42 AM

LOl even how we wanted to it will never happen,because that possibility is far from reality from now until the world end fiats will be needed for transactions for the reason that internet will never available anytime and everytime in some areas so thats why we should consider this as a truthful and will never change

Fiat currency has it own role in our current economic development and we are to really becareful not to push it aside because of the discovery of cryptocurrencies and what it can do. I think time will come when blockchain technology will be used in producing fiat currency.

What?Blockchain will produce fiat?What a fool interpretation of the situation ,put this in mind noob that fiat is physical,and crypto is virtual.
sirohige

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:46:12 AM

I don't think that will happen, Fiat Currency will still be there and so many will use Fiat Currency to make transactions and Fiat may be integrated with cryptocurrency so you can buy Fiat using cryptocurrency and vice versa.
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:23:01 AM

Exactly, people are forgetting that the ease with which fiat currency can be used. It simply gives and takes system, no technological difficulties. So anyone can use. But cryptocurrencies are quite complex to use. The minimum requirements to use it are a smart phone and a good internet connection. So how the poor people and the illiterate people would will use it. That’s quite impossible.
proxydomain711

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:53:49 AM

We cannot eliminate fiat currency, not in this era. But maybe when centuries later when almost all parts of the world are coping up with the advancements in technology, then that's the time it may be possible. But for now and future years, the chances are less.
andriw

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:57:09 AM

But there are provinces in South Korea, Gyeongsangbuk-do, who really want to change their local currency with Crypto, check the link below:
https://news.bitcoin.com/korean-province-local-currencies-crypto/
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:48:21 PM

Fiat currency will not be eliminated ever. We use it in a day basis in our everyday lives. Yes, we are now living in a digital world and many people now using cryptocurrency on their payment transactions but still we cannot use it at all times. Fiat is important and  it has been part of our life since ages. Fiat will stay no matter what.

Why does everybody that is dealing with the cryptocurrencies think about eliminating of fiat? It WILL NOT HAPPEN. Unfortunately, the Internet connection is not available everywhere, and the level of life of many people is miserable.
momoore1989

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:41:39 PM

It's very possible crypto can be used still in these cases but it would rely on peer to peer networks so perhaps with great latency to a real internet confirmation of the transaction.Its possible alternate crypto standards are doing the most work in these cases.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:15:44 PM

It's very possible crypto can be used still in these cases but it would rely on peer to peer networks so perhaps with great latency to a real internet confirmation of the transaction.Its possible alternate crypto standards are doing the most work in these cases.

Not for now, I think that it is too early for now to eliminate the use of fiat, we should still consider it for now as we need it in our daily life, after a decade or so it will be the best time to evaluate whether we are going to push for cryptocurrency or to fiat but so far we need them both as it is not that easy nowadays to transact in crypto as not everyone accepting it.
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:18:03 PM

yes, your opinion is that the affordability of the technology media is still limited, one example is that there are villages that have not entered even there are those who do not know what computers and the internet are at all except children whose schools are taught by their teachers. the problem is that digital money is applied.
Tigorss

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:36:39 PM

having crypto as the currency surely doesn't mean the fiat should be totally eliminated. still, we need variety of currency to make people's need easier to fulfill, as the alternative way, just in case we get trouble with one of the currency, except crypto currency has officially announced as the legal one. If it happens that way, we wouldn't need fiat currency again.
renz0

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:29:55 PM

I bet fiat money can't be totally eliminated. Normally, those people who belong to the middle or high-class family are the ones who can enjoy using crypto as a mode of payment in their online transaction. While who isn't advance technology thinker will remain using fiat money as their regular currency. That makes fiat money not to get eliminated.
Omnipotent1

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:47:24 PM

Of course not. If we eliminated fiat, then it would be replaced by a government's own virtual money. That's what they are doing it in some country, and what it does it takes control away from the people. They always know how much you have, and you cannot hide it. You can't save it under your mattress if you wanted, or bury a million dollars under your house.
qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:08:25 PM

Well, I think, crypto will not really eliminate fiat currency, not in the near future, even in the future. What is likely to happen is that the blockchain will be used for interbank transactions using fiat currencies. And I think Cryptocurrency will as an alternative to fiat money in certain situations.
xena2

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:18:56 PM

I think digital currency will exist with the fiat money, maybe there is a chance that digital currency will be more used in the urban area but as you said how about the rural area. If our economy and technology improved I think those area will also adjust. But even though that would happen, fiat will still exist with competence with digital. They have different purposes and are both important, let's just see what would happen in the future.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:27:50 PM

That is true, many people do not have access to the internet till now and there are still surviving because of the bank. we must say that we did not include those people who did not get involved in the internet like farmers and other workers who do not even have a proper mobile phone. Banks are bad but at least they are trying to do something and take some profit from it all we can do is keep the Bitcoin as an option of payment method and not the only payment method.
boled

Activity: 590
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:46:47 PM

this will not happen in the near future. not in normal cases. technology doesn't necessarily change everything in the blink of an eye. we all have to be wise in dealing with changes in the world. but we also cannot close our eyes that time goes on, changes always occur. I believe that the crypto world can bring positive change. both in terms of material and technology. and crypto isn't always about money.
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:50:07 PM

Fiat will not be eliminated bdue to circumstances that there are many products that are not tradable online. Also, cryptocurrency is backed by Fiat currency. So in other words, crypto will not exist if there is no Fiat backing it's value.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:18:52 PM

I do believe that no matter the technology take over by cryptocurrency, there will still be areas where fiat will still be used/can't be scrapped. Also, I want to believe, the process of cryptocurrency taking over will be a gradual process and not just instantaneous.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: