Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:14:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Robert Prechter calls Bitcoin "Brilliant"  (Read 5774 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 01:25:05 PM

i know Prechter's writings and the way he thinks since i've been a subscriber for years.

there's an inconsistency in his thoughts here.  one of the main tenets of his societal collapse theory and a return to the GD is that he thinks the Fed and gov't will lose control of the markets thus facilitating a long spiral downwards.  well, if they lose control, how will they have the time, wherewithal, resources, and technical ability to enforce an illegalization of Bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 02:09:17 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2012, 11:04:52 PM by bitcoinBull

Bump and cross-link to Elliott Wave Educational Video Series - a seminar of Prechter's from "more than 15 years ago".

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 02:11:50 AM

Bump and cross-link to Elliott Wave Educational Video Series - a seminar of Prechter's from "more than 15 years ago".

his son goes by BrightAnarchist.

His biological son or are we speaking intellectually here?

biological son
Andrew Vorobyov

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 06:33:34 PM

I run my fund using Elliott wave principle in trading and Robert Prechter contributed A LOT to make ideas of Mr. Elliott popular.. I would highly recommend "A Comprehensive Course On The Wave Principle" by him... You can read no further beyond this book to profit from markets consistently...

To all the haters:

1. It does not take you to read this book once to become millionaire.. multiply on years of hard work and patience.
2. It does not matter how many times he was right and how many wrong - what matters how much money do you make when you are right and how much do you lose when you are wrong.

Good luck!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 06:52:51 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2011, 07:03:29 PM by DeathAndTaxes

That part right there makes me wonder why I am not mining through ToR right now..............................  *looks around all bugged eyed*

Granted a huge part of the gov's leverage against LDs was that they were physically minted coins. But how far of a stretch would it really be for them to say, "Oh Bitcoin, its the same thing just digital"?

Common misconception but private money isn't illegal in the US.  There are various forms of privately issued currencies that have existed for decades.

What IS illegal is attempting to make your private currency look like US currency, attempting to indicate or imply it has any connection with or is backed by the US federal government, or indicating it is "legal tender for all debts public or private".
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 06:57:14 PM

That part right there makes me wonder why I am not mining through ToR right now..............................  *looks around all bugged eyed*

Granted a huge part of the gov's leverage against LDs was that they were physically minted coins. But how far of a stretch would it really be for them to say, "Oh Bitcoin, its the same thing just digital"?

Common misconception but private money isn't illegal in the US.  There are various forms of privately issued money that have existed for decades.

What IS illegal is attempting to  make your private money look like US money, attempting to indicate it has any connection to US government, or using similarities to trick adopters into thinking it has any support or acceptance federal government, or it legal tender for all debts public or private.

Agreed, I have reconsidered my previous assertions to, "how far of a stretch" it would be. My knowledge of the orginal LD issues were almost non existant before reading into it after making such an unfounded statement. It should be noted that I retract such statement but do not wish to go delete or edit it and pretend I was any wiser at the time. Thanks for the clearification, m8.

Sincerely,
     Derek

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 07:00:10 PM

No problem.  I wasn't sure of your assertion but I do know many people think any private currency is auto-illegal in the US and that is simply a misconception.

As an example here is a private private currency which has been issued and circulated in NY for roughly two decades.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithaca_Hours

Ironically both the US Mint and FBI supported Liberty Dollars indicating they were not counterfit and didn't violate federa law.  However IIRC the language of the website, the claims of adopters, and changes in later year mintings all became increasily close to indicating some connection to US government and that is what they creator was indicted for.

If Bitcoin was US Bitdollars that might be a problem but luckily it isn't.  Bitcoin users should always be sure to avoid any connection to US dollars, indicate any partity, or guaranteed exchange.  Always indicate to potential users that Bitcoins are a free floating currency and the value relative to other currencies (including USD) varies based on supply & demand.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 08:55:01 PM

No problem.  I wasn't sure of your assertion but I do know many people think any private currency is auto-illegal in the US and that is simply a misconception.

Anything which could be remotely stretched into 'terrorism' is auto-illegal in the US as soon as it is convenient to make it so.  Bitcoin certainly could be called a 'unique form of domestic terrorism'.  In fact it probably has already, but so have just about every other damn thing so I've lost track.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 10:19:19 PM

"In fact it probably has already, but so have just about every other damn thing so I've lost track."

How many people do you know who have been arrested for terrorism?  Since just about every other damn thing is a terrorist act you must know hundreds if not thousands of terrorists.  Right?
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 10:32:07 PM

"In fact it probably has already, but so have just about every other damn thing so I've lost track."

How many people do you know who have been arrested for terrorism?  Since just about every other damn thing is a terrorist act you must know hundreds if not thousands of terrorists.  Right?

Possibly, but it's that would be 'secret' which is vital to 'national security.'

http://www.aclu.org/technology-and-liberty/terror-watch-list-counter-million-plus

Seems like an onion article, but it's apparently not.

All this stuff is such an obscene joke I cannot believe that people take it seriously.  I hope someday people wake up and realize what is happening to them, and why, but I'm not holding my breath.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Steve

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 12:39:10 AM

It's the threat of arrest (or worse) that is the problem, not actual arrest.

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: