Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:41:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Cash vs Bitcoin SV  (Read 24264 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:58:42 AM

Recently, nChain announced that it will be forking to a new Bitcoin Cash node implementation known as Bitcoin SV (SV stands for Satoshi's Vision). This has been supported by Craig Wright (which claims to be the real Nakamoto) as he believes that it's the safest path to scaling yet. However, Bitcoin Cash devs (Bitcoin ABC) are against this new implementation of BCH, hence a split might occur in November leading to both coins with the same history of transactions (Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV).

Bitcoin SV aims to scale indefinitely by allowing miners to choose their own block size, among several other improvements. Now it's believed that this will be the "real Bitcoin" just like what has been said about Bitcoin Cash before.

What do you think about this controversy? Will Bitcoin Cash splinter into two distinct factions? Or will it remain the same? It looks like there would occur a split of the main BCH chain, causing Bitcoin SV to emerge. However, only one shall survive in the market (if not both or none of them). Looking forward for your thoughts Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18511

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:43:16 PM

Hilarious really. After spending months trying to trick newbies in to buying BCH by calling themselves "the real Bitcoin", turns out they weren't sure all along, and so will now have to fork their fork to create "the real Bitcoin". And while their silly civil war goes on, BTC continues to grow, develop and dominate the market.

I know which one I'll be sticking to.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:28:56 PM

Hilarious really. After spending months trying to trick newbies in to buying BCH by calling themselves "the real Bitcoin", turns out they weren't sure all along, and so will now have to fork their fork to create "the real Bitcoin". And while their silly civil war goes on, BTC continues to grow, develop and dominate the market.

I know which one I'll be sticking to.

Agree. Bitcoin will still be the original Bitcoin (not Bitcoin Cash or any other fork), despite what its competitors claim it to be. Given that the Bitcoin Cash community is not as unified as Bitcoin's community, they will fail over time. Developers are the ones who quickly upgrade the cryptocurrency's nodes without proper consensus of the community. Now that Craig Wright has announced that it will be forking Bitcoin Cash to create Bitcoin SV, it'll be a wild ride after November.

I'm sure that this would turn out to become a disaster for BCH, as both cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin SV and Bitcoin Cash) will fail. On the other hand, Bitcoin will continue to grow in usage and mainstream adoption, as developers successfully launch the much-awaited scalability solution called the Lightning Network. This will safely scale Bitcoin without compromising its decentralization over the long term (unlike Bitcoin Cash's on-chain scaling).

Nevertheless, grab your popcorn as this event (splintering of Bitcoin Cash) unveils by November. It'll be fun to watch as we see BCH dip in price until it becomes worthless due to the irreparable damage caused by Bitcoin SV. Cool

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 01:09:35 AM

Its the Bitcoin SV that doesn't have a replay protection and BCH holders should be extra aware to follow the devs guidelines to be secure.
Though I'm not a BCH holder, I don't think BCH would be dying this easy, BCH is one of the highest utility currency as it's one of the top 5 accepted crypto on retails.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
CrashLamb

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:48:46 PM

Actually this is really funny things for us based on this fork coin is suffering for identity crisis based on this Craig Wright is not the Satoshi because Satoshi is a great man and developer so we should avoid such types of things.
btcmaster999

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:41:49 PM

First of all this is very funny that this forked coin is suffering from an identity crisis. Craig Wright is not the real Satoshi Nakamoto and we should stop giving him the unnecessary attention that he seeks.
KingKongBong4152

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:33:57 PM

It's funny that they fought tooth and nail to make the people believe that they were the real BTC, but in the end even they were in a stump with their identity. We should just avoid them and focus more on BTC instead since this has the potential to grow more in the future.
learningcrypto5421

Activity: 306

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:19:31 PM

It will be better to not to give attention to what the guy who claims himself to be the real Satoshi says. Plus forked coins are not something to stick to in the long run. So, it will be better if we just concentrate and invest in the real BTC instead of the other one.
Cybora9

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:12:27 PM

Just when everyone was abandoning all these forks in the market due to their lack of features or the low potential, such news coming up on the market will definitely cause disastrous result for not only BCH but also all the other forks out there. BCH had been able to hold up to the 500$ level but if it gets splits into to fractions, it will become just another shitcoin.
Natsuu

Activity: 1120
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:18:48 PM

Haha this made my day. So basically, a garbage coin will fork a new garbage coin so it's more likely a recycled coin. Its developer is a greedy ass and can't think anything profitable so now even it isn't suitable, they fork bch. Surely they'll do this every time and make a habit of creating shitcoins.

o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18511

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:25:49 AM

Its the Bitcoin SV that doesn't have a replay protection and BCH holders should be extra aware to follow the devs guidelines to be secure.

Wow. I didn't want to believe something so ridiculous, so I looked in to it, but you are absolutely right. So am I right in saying that they are essentially preventing anyone from dumping this trash "Bitcoin SV"? I mean that's one way to make people hold your trash coin - prevent them from selling it. Haha. Utter desperation.

Have a look at their github here: https://github.com/bitcoin-sv/bitcoin-sv/commit/55c993841725690256fd4b7093142ddd8084312a

This is a quick fix because we've run out of time.

Just wow. Talk about inspiring confidence.
Proctopus90

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:49:55 AM

These sort of conflict of interest among the owners are fine as long as they are kept private. Now that the news has got published and known by all the crypto enthusiasts out there, I don't think it will prove to be anything fruitful for the future. People will lose their interest on BCH more now.
CrownKit

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:34:52 PM

BCH among all other forks did pretty well comparatively. But if they decide to split in to fragments then it will not only prove how fragile the organization who is behind this coin are. No matter what happens in the future, even if BCH stays as a whole coin I don't think the recovery from this stage is really possible.
CryptoRama

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:08:01 PM

Bitcoin, Bitcoin, Bitcoin, buy buy buy, I mean, if Bitcoin is a scam, why would I listen to other new "bitcoins" since they're a scam too? My favorites are those with great ideas, like Bitcoin, Monero, Pivx, Bitcrystals, and not those who only think bigger is better, like BCH...

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
manuelgar

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:21:16 PM

I think that this is another tool to increase the cost of Bitcoin. This situation is standard for each year. All the people will sell all coins and buy Bitcoin. Bitcoin price will rise. I think this is the only goal of this initiative.

Jaguwar6

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:36:52 PM

I am confused about reasons behind continuously inventing new forks. I think it will be better if they give some time to the forks to be established before introducing new forks in the market.
sponge_bob13

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:07:55 PM

Bitcoin is the king of the crypto world. Bitcoin sv is just standing by the side. I don't see there is a chance of  standing Bitcoin sv alongside with Bitcoin. IF bitcoin falls a great fall there are already various strong altcoin available in the crypto market and they are that much potential so they first deserve to take the place.
Humne1965

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:29:50 PM

Well,about this controversy I  think this is hilarious.I think they are trying to trick the newbies by calling the BCH ‘the real Bitcoin’ .For newbies this is confusing,and its just a trick I think.
Salikha

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:21:07 PM

Bitcoin still standing on the top in crypto world and BTC still can't be take place like bitcoin it's just staying on behind BTC. But it will be improve it's feature and future it's will able to present itself on a good possition.
tailor.and

Activity: 74

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:27:33 PM

The real Bitcoin was not like real before actually, having a little hype in the market. Now, this new news made a good chance for Bitcoin SV part to shine over Bitmains BCH. Many things happen, and it can't be controlled sometimes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: