Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:54:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Cash vs Bitcoin SV  (Read 24264 times)
claus-rich

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:16:54 PM

Bitcoin Cash is never as popular and important as Bitcoin. I believe that Bitcoin will never leave the place of the leader.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Utyg

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:24:52 PM

For myself, I do not see anything good in this. Since invested in bitcoin cash good money. With the expectation of a long term. But based on the current news, I'm getting nervous. Since the market sank very low. And now the rift. Yes bitcoin will still be us for a long time to be surprised
yanesna3

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:30:23 PM

Bitcoin SV implementation is completely raw and does not contain a replay protection mechanism, which threatens to conduct possible hacker attacks in the network. Development teams cannot come to a compromise in hardfork implementation, these contradictions can lead to network separation, and after the next fork another cryptocurrency may arise.
gulyas

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:30:38 PM

They are both being stupid, there is _currently_ no need to fork or update BCH code except for bugfixes the same as BTC. They already have a niche that offers faster/larger blocks than BTC which is suitable for purchasing and wiring money around.

From everything I've read to date, both are going after almost trivialities, unlimited blocksizes, shapeshifting, wormholes, lightning connectivity etc. None of that matters right now (if ever) and even when implemented the usage case is minimal for any of those, but made worse because of the opportunities of errors/fraud/theft and only serves to make the network less secure.

If I could I'd vote no to both...
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:11:10 PM

Bitcoin SV implementation is completely raw and does not contain a replay protection mechanism, which threatens to conduct possible hacker attacks in the network. Development teams cannot come to a compromise in hardfork implementation, these contradictions can lead to network separation, and after the next fork another cryptocurrency may arise.

That's certainly true, mate. Bitcoin SV could result disastrous for itself and the Bitcoin Cash blockchain since it doesn't implement Replay Protection. The scenario will be the same as with Ethereum Classic, where it didn't implement said mechanism, causing many ETH holders a lot of trouble. Considering this, it means that Bitcoin SV would face a lot of issues between holders of both chains (BCH and BSV). Of course, many people want the split to occur on November 15 to obtain free Bitcoin SV coins. However, it'll be highly risky as early holders of BCH could easily lose their money if they decide to cash out their Bitcoin SV coins.

The possible outcome for this, could result in Bitcoin SV disappearing while Bitcoin Cash remains alive and actively traded across many cryptocurrency exchanges. Unless there are interests from people into making money with Bitcoin SV, I don't see it going anywhere as BCH has a lot of supporters over BSV. Despite this, many people would decide to not adopt any hard fork (neither from Bitcoin ABC or Bitcoin SV) and leave the Bitcoin Cash Blockchain as is. It would be the best decision for the sake of Bitcoin Cash's longevity.

As for me, I've already sold all my BCH coins and will not come back unless Bitcoin Cash proves itself to be a solid cryptocurrency in terms of development, innovation, and most of all, decentralization. Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
e@symode

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:14:20 PM

Despite the current situation on the market, I still don’t understand how to apply the BCH project correctly and why people invest money in it, you saw how quickly the BCH rate rises when it is pumped up
Mathcy

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:41:48 PM

bitcoin will continue to be in the top rank, it is very difficult to compete with btc. even if it's bch/ BSV, in the sense that there is still one family with btc, that won't be possible.
suprex333

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:16:09 PM

This is an event that is often experienced, where bch can be able to explode there will be a lot of gravel that blocks, so a positive attitude is still instilled in the team and also the community so that there is no conflict and not dropping each other.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:27:00 PM

The same may not be, but in my opinion it will not be much different from BCH, if you look at what you mentioned in this thread about the purpose of BSV that implements satoshi Nakamoto's initial goal it will be the same, maybe there will be hype at the beginning and will experience difficulties in development
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18510

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:36:17 PM

So BCH is undergoing its bi-annual pump and dump I see. This time driven by newbies hoping for some cheap money from the forked coins. I mean, obviously you don't really understand cryptocurrency if you are holding or buying BCH, but its extra sad when you consider the lack of replay protection means many people of these oblivious people are going to be burned extra hard and lose their entire stacks bags.

If you are stupid enough to still be holding this trash, at least pay attention and try to time the peak to sell your bags.
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:44:05 PM

I straight answer for this nothing to argue about this because i still believe oginal bitcoin still supported by people and all bitcoin ethusiasm
This issue is over last year 2017 the segwit split decision and the decision is goes stay favor in bitcoin

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:04:32 AM

So BCH is undergoing its bi-annual pump and dump I see. This time driven by newbies hoping for some cheap money from the forked coins. I mean, obviously you don't really understand cryptocurrency if you are holding or buying BCH, but its extra sad when you consider the lack of replay protection means many people of these oblivious people are going to be burned extra hard and lose their entire stacks bags.

If you are stupid enough to still be holding this trash, at least pay attention and try to time the peak to sell your bags.

Agree. It's best to let go of BCH for a while since the upcoming hard fork will turn out to become extremely dangerous for both chains (BCH and BSV). Personally, I have sold all my BCH since it's not worth holding it, IMO. I had earned some BCH for free after its inception in August 2017, but quickly sold it for Bitcoin. Given how fragile BCH is in terms of full community consensus/support in contrast to Bitcoin, it may not last long. Of course, if Bitcoin SV wouldn't had been announced in the first place, then no harm would be done to Bitcoin Cash.

However, with no replay protection from Bitcoin SV, it will make matters worse as people who bought BCH with the hopes of getting free money, will lose it all in the end. Therefore, I don't recommend anyone getting into either BCH or BSV until everything gets sorted out after the fork (if it ever will). As for me, I'll stay with the original Bitcoin forever as it's trusted, safe, and reliable compared with most altcoins out there on the market. Wink

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Saugani

Activity: 672
Merit: 35

#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 07:06:32 PM

I agree with you

the developer nchain bitcoinSV very slow at this, currently developer bitcoinSV and bitcoinABC (community bitcoincash) still contentious like in-social media Dr. C.W, because we see a contentious of it as a joke strange/contravention.

current we community support in hardfork a upgrade network (nodes) and +  such as developer bitcoinabc from a merging of the last commits on github its very active and is not with Dev bitcoinSV.

The few developer and biggest exchange support HF, but I can’t know about bitcoinSV.
We can follow sense his on twitter @CobraBitcoin to latest update said HF.

Source monitoring bitcoincash https://cash.coin.dance

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:53:22 PM

I agree with you

the developer nchain bitcoinSV very slow at this, currently developer bitcoinSV and bitcoinABC (community bitcoincash) still contentious like in-social media Dr. C.W, because we see a contentious of it as a joke strange/contravention.

current we community support in hardfork a upgrade network (nodes) and +  such as developer bitcoinabc from a merging of the last commits on github its very active and is not with Dev bitcoinSV.

The few developer and biggest exchange support HF, but I can’t know about bitcoinSV.
We can follow sense his on twitter @CobraBitcoin to latest update said HF.

Source monitoring bitcoincash https://cash.coin.dance

A lot of exchanges support Bitcoin ABC node implementation more than Bitcoin SV itself. Of course, a mining giant known as CoinGeek has decided to support Craig's BCH node implementation, but the wide majority is with Bitcoin ABC. Under drastic measures, the community could decide to reject any hard fork at all, leaving Bitcoin Cash with the same network rules as now.

Cobra has announced a new BCH node implementation, which leaves the network as is without any changes whatsoever. I believe that it's the safest approach for Bitcoin Cash's longevity, since the upcoming hard fork could result disastrous as we know it. However, if it does happen, then many people would lose money because Bitcoin SV does not have Replay Protection. The current uptrend in BCH's price is only because people are interested in getting free money after the network split.

Nevertheless, the site you've mentioned earlier serves as a great tool to keep track of Bitcoin Cash's progress in node software acceptance by its users. With only a few days away for the hard fork to occur (if it ever does), Bitcoin Cash's future could either be bright or dark. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
wakeham8

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:58:48 PM

No fork has ever overcome the coin ever. I cannot understand this but I think that ETC is also better than Ethereum, but no one cares and this coin costs only 9 bucks. People do not care about the technical advantages of any fork coin.
Metall303

Activity: 891

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:07:11 PM

No fork has ever overcome the coin ever. I cannot understand this but I think that ETC is also better than Ethereum, but no one cares and this coin costs only 9 bucks. People do not care about the technical advantages of any fork coin.
In the case of bitcoin Cash, a little bit different. The Bitcoin SV can have a strong effect on the classic coin because the new coin can afford to attack 51% on the classic Bitcoin Cash since its founder has more power and if he will do this, he can easily crash the price of Bcash

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:22:00 PM

The current uptrend in BCH's price is only because people are interested in getting free money after the network split.

The uptrend has already died, and the fork hasn't even happened yet. It peaked at 0.097BTC and has already fallen back below 0.08BTC. A pretty pathetic pump in all honestly, failing to even reach the 0.1BTC peg that BCH was created at. Probably a sign that most people are starting to realize just what a shitcoin BCH is. This small pump and dump is just another minor blip on the slow death of BCH over the last 6 months.

BCH is already centralized enough as it is. This fork could potentially split their hashing power even more, not to mention the lack of replay protection will result in many people losing their coins entirely. Worse case scenario, this could be the final blow to the dying BCH. We can only hope.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:20:01 PM

The uptrend has already died, and the fork hasn't even happened yet. It peaked at 0.097BTC and has already fallen back below 0.08BTC. A pretty pathetic pump in all honestly, failing to even reach the 0.1BTC peg that BCH was created at. Probably a sign that most people are starting to realize just what a shitcoin BCH is. This small pump and dump is just another minor blip on the slow death of BCH over the last 6 months.

BCH is already centralized enough as it is. This fork could potentially split their hashing power even more, not to mention the lack of replay protection will result in many people losing their coins entirely. Worse case scenario, this could be the final blow to the dying BCH. We can only hope.

Agree. BCH is centralized, but Bitcoin SV will be even worse that Bitcoin Cash. With higher block sizes, you could expect a greater level of centralization. That's why Bitcoin has been very carefully in scaling, avoiding increasing its block size to help make it easier for the average Joe to support its blockchain. Because if Bitcoin would've had higher block sizes by now, node storage costs and bandwidth would be higher, resulting in lesser full nodes over time.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't support neither BCH or BSV because they're extremely centralized. Only a few people such as Roger Ver and Craig Wright control the path of the Bitcoin Cash network and that's not good. Eventually, people will realize how centralized Bitcoin Cash is, which will lead them back towards the original Bitcoin. With the Lightning Network's upcoming stable release, things will get better for Bitcoin, while for Bitcoin Cash and other forks, it'll become worse over time until they disappear.

As for me, I've sold all my Bitcoin Cash, and I'm never going back. After all, I got free money (1:1 ratio of BTC to BCH) after the hard fork on August 2017, so I've got nothing to lose. Roll Eyes

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 08:38:09 PM

-snip-

I did the same. Dumped all that BitcoinTrash as soon as I claimed it. Turns out that was a much better decision than holding on to this trash and just watching its value slow drop over time. BCH is down to 0.074BTC, and I fully expect it to continue dumping as most people are only in it to claim their forked coins.

Looks like Poloniex and HitBTC have now opened their markets for BCHSV and BCHABC. Am I the only one who things those names are truly ridiculous? Just as ridiculous/stupid as them constantly bleating about being "the real bitcoin".
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:46:23 PM

I did the same. Dumped all that BitcoinTrash as soon as I claimed it. Turns out that was a much better decision than holding on to this trash and just watching its value slow drop over time. BCH is down to 0.074BTC, and I fully expect it to continue dumping as most people are only in it to claim their forked coins.

Looks like Poloniex and HitBTC have now opened their markets for BCHSV and BCHABC. Am I the only one who things those names are truly ridiculous? Just as ridiculous/stupid as them constantly bleating about being "the real bitcoin".

Yes. Bitcoin Cash claiming itself as the real Bitcoin is true nonsense to me. After all, Satoshi wanted Bitcoin to scale in the most decentralized way possible. What Bitcoin Cash is doing is wrong, IMO, since its method of scaling involves a high risk of centralization. Not to mention, Roger Ver and Craig Wright dominate the future direction of the BCH blockchain, which makes it another centralized banking system in the hands of a few individuals. Because of that and many other reasons, I've quickly sold all my BCH to Bitcoin.

The real Bitcoin (BTC) is much more decentralized than Bitcoin Cash, and extremely active in development and innovation. No one controls its future direction, as the whole community works together in helping achieve this. As for Bitcoin Cash, it could either die in the long term, or remain in the crypto market for some time. For what I've seen lately, it looks that BCH may not last that long. The Bitcoin SV fork could destroy the reputation of the Bitcoin Cash blockchain or even make both chains become non-functional as we speak.

Nonetheless, what really matters is that Bitcoin is still the real Bitcoin and has performed as intended for a couple of years now. It's the most secure blockchain in existence, and probably the most decentralized compared with other cryptocurrencies on the market. The Lightning Network may be truly the safest way to scale Bitcoin, without compromising the blockchain. Increasing the block size to enormous amounts, would only make it worse as node storage costs will increase, as well as, bandwidth. Imagine if BCH's blocks becoming filled to its maximum capacity of 32MB. Or even 128MB with the Bitcoin SV fork. If that happens, then I believe that there will be lesser nodes over time as not everyone could afford the costs.

Therefore, Bitcoin will win the battle in the end, while other forks or useless coins would fade into oblivion. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: