Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:58:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Cash vs Bitcoin SV  (Read 24264 times)
Stewart66

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

https://www.cd3d.app

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:50:55 PM

I honestly am confused about the existence of this Hardfork and there are even some people who say that BCH has been removed and replaced with 2 new types of coins, I do not know whether BCH only changes the name or does something like swap and hardfork, if anyone knows please explain to me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ninobtcx

Activity: 418
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:19:51 PM

Good riddance for BCH to get rid of Faketoshi.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18512

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:47:39 AM

Nonetheless, what really matters is that Bitcoin is still the real Bitcoin and has performed as intended for a couple of years now.

That's really the important point here. After more than a year of BCH trolls talking about being "the real bitcoin", trying to scam newbies in to buying their trash altcoin, and trying to start fights with BTC, they degenerated even further in to essentially a civil war. Now their trash coin has split in to two new trash coins, with Ver and Wright constantly at each other's throats. It's not exactly a healthy environment for ongoing development, which probably explains why BCH has done nothing but slowly lose value since it was created.

And all this time, BTC just keeps developing and growing, paying no attention to the pathetic infighting going on with this long forgotten about failed fork.
Memeicomel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:17:01 AM

No fork has ever overcome the coin ever. I cannot understand this but I think that ETC is also better than Ethereum, but no one cares and this coin costs only 9 bucks. People do not care about the technical advantages of any fork coin.
In the case of bitcoin Cash, a little bit different. The Bitcoin SV can have a strong effect on the classic coin because the new coin can afford to attack 51% on the classic Bitcoin Cash since its founder has more power and if he will do this, he can easily crash the price of Bcash
Bitcoin development so Cash has increased with many enthusiasts in attendance supporting its development. so the huge potential yielding Cash Bitcoin in the advancement of the market Cryptocurrency. so far trusted Cash Bitcoin.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Siti Nurbaya

Activity: 490
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:32:27 AM

Bitcoin cash is broken so prices also change, where holders are made to confuse and leave bitcoin sv, this competition may be endless and I think it will disappear by itself.
okanciftci74

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:33:37 AM

So far, only Craig has convinced me he is a scammer. I knew it as soon as I glanced at "I am satoshi" fake proof. Unfortunately, non technical people didn't have the vintage point I had, so he managed to fool many people for a long time.
Vaniaayu

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 10:10:18 AM

I saw a post about the procedure for claiming the Bitcoin SV from Bicoin Cash, the explanation is very interesting and very simple, try reading the article
vova.andreyan.94

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 10:29:22 AM

This Bitcoin is one and the other can not be, all the other forks are only unsuccessful attempts to make it better!
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 10:38:11 AM

Recently, nChain announced that it will be forking to a new Bitcoin Cash node implementation known as Bitcoin SV (SV stands for Satoshi's Vision). This has been supported by Craig Wright (which claims to be the real Nakamoto) as he believes that it's the safest path to scaling yet. However, Bitcoin Cash devs (Bitcoin ABC) are against this new implementation of BCH, hence a split might occur in November leading to both coins with the same history of transactions (Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV).

Bitcoin SV aims to scale indefinitely by allowing miners to choose their own block size, among several other improvements. Now it's believed that this will be the "real Bitcoin" just like what has been said about Bitcoin Cash before.

What do you think about this controversy? Will Bitcoin Cash splinter into two distinct factions? Or will it remain the same? It looks like there would occur a split of the main BCH chain, causing Bitcoin SV to emerge. However, only one shall survive in the market (if not both or none of them). Looking forward for your thoughts Smiley
Wow, you know about this fork 6 months ago? I heard about this fork one month ago for the first time.
But, I hope that, this was the last hard fork of Bitcoin. Because what is happening now is total disaster! Market is crashing because some guys need to boosting their egos.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 04:50:20 PM

That's really the important point here. After more than a year of BCH trolls talking about being "the real bitcoin", trying to scam newbies in to buying their trash altcoin, and trying to start fights with BTC, they degenerated even further in to essentially a civil war. Now their trash coin has split in to two new trash coins, with Ver and Wright constantly at each other's throats. It's not exactly a healthy environment for ongoing development, which probably explains why BCH has done nothing but slowly lose value since it was created.

And all this time, BTC just keeps developing and growing, paying no attention to the pathetic infighting going on with this long forgotten about failed fork.

Exactly. There's no point in a "crypto civil war" as it will do more harm to the Bitcoin Cash brand than any good. This would give a false impression to newcomers into cryptocurrencies, as they would believe that it's not safe to invest into crypto anymore. Given how manipulative both sides have been (ABC with Roger Ver and SV with Craig Wright), it's been demonstrated how centralized Bitcoin Cash really is. Eventually, nobody would want to deal with BCH anymore as it fades away into oblivion.

While ABC has been claiming they've won the war, that's not true since neither side (ABC or SV) have been able to take over the BCH name/brand. Both are mining at a huge loss, until interest declines from both people and miners over time. As such, the BCH hard fork of November 15th, 2018 has effectively destroyed the BCH blockchain and reputation as we know it. It'll be quite difficult for BCH (ABC) to rise again even if it manages to perform a quick change in PoW to prevent attacks from the SV chain.

Nonetheless, many people might switch back to the original Bitcoin as it has remained solid in development and innovation with strong community support. With its Lightning Network it'll become stronger than ever, rendering block size increases completely unnecessary (which is good for decentralization). Therefore, Bitcoin (BTC) will prevail while Bitcoin Cash will be forgotten within the next months. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ðºÞæ

Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 05:26:37 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2018, 06:57:19 PM by ðºÞæ

Go SV (Satoshi implementation of Bitcoin) no need for bankers third party implementation (segregated witness) of bitcoin.
Peer to peer is the only future.
Satoshis bitcoin whitepaper, where does it say anything about 3rd party banking style bitcoin.
https://www.bitcoin.com/bitcoin.pdf

“The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime.”

– Satoshi Nakamoto

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 05:56:01 PM

I do not think that there is any sense at all to talk about these forks as real projects, you have to understand this, because many people are being frankly deceived now and they just don’t try to understand something.
Vask

Activity: 504
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 06:30:18 PM

Recently, nChain announced that it will be forking to a new Bitcoin Cash node implementation known as Bitcoin SV (SV stands for Satoshi's Vision). This has been supported by Craig Wright (which claims to be the real Nakamoto) as he believes that it's the safest path to scaling yet. However, Bitcoin Cash devs (Bitcoin ABC) are against this new implementation of BCH, hence a split might occur in November leading to both coins with the same history of transactions (Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV).

Bitcoin SV aims to scale indefinitely by allowing miners to choose their own block size, among several other improvements. Now it's believed that this will be the "real Bitcoin" just like what has been said about Bitcoin Cash before.

What do you think about this controversy? Will Bitcoin Cash splinter into two distinct factions? Or will it remain the same? It looks like there would occur a split of the main BCH chain, causing Bitcoin SV to emerge. However, only one shall survive in the market (if not both or none of them). Looking forward for your thoughts Smiley
Wow, you know about this fork 6 months ago? I heard about this fork one month ago for the first time.
But, I hope that, this was the last hard fork of Bitcoin. Because what is happening now is total disaster! Market is crashing because some guys need to boosting their egos.
I also did not hear about it. I agree with these guys just to do something, not only that they are at war with each other and spend their money, because of them the entire crypt market is collapsing!
ndico

Activity: 280

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 06:41:03 PM

The split is now causing hash war which is in turn affecting the crypto market and i think they will continue to fork until they are tired, even the bitcoin sv might still split in the future.

soundrum
Copper Member

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 06:54:25 PM

I think Bitcoin SV don't have extra protection and holders of BCH should be careful about it. Though am not holding the coin but I don't think it will just fade off like this. The coin still have a very important role to play in the industry.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 06:59:22 PM

Exactly. There's no point in a "crypto civil war" as it will do more harm to the Bitcoin Cash brand than any good. This would give a false impression to newcomers into cryptocurrencies, as they would believe that it's not safe to invest into crypto anymore. Given how manipulative both sides have been (ABC with Roger Ver and SV with Craig Wright), it's been demonstrated how centralized Bitcoin Cash really is. Eventually, nobody would want to deal with BCH anymore as it fades away into oblivion.

While ABC has been claiming they've won the war, that's not true since neither side (ABC or SV) have been able to take over the BCH name/brand. Both are mining at a huge loss, until interest declines from both people and miners over time. As such, the BCH hard fork of November 15th, 2018 has effectively destroyed the BCH blockchain and reputation as we know it. It'll be quite difficult for BCH (ABC) to rise again even if it manages to perform a quick change in PoW to prevent attacks from the SV chain.

Nonetheless, many people might switch back to the original Bitcoin as it has remained solid in development and innovation with strong community support. With its Lightning Network it'll become stronger than ever, rendering block size increases completely unnecessary (which is good for decentralization). Therefore, Bitcoin (BTC) will prevail while Bitcoin Cash will be forgotten within the next months. Just my opinion Smiley

You made such a valid point and i have understand more about what the war is all about, but i am wondering why all this is affecting the bitcoin since the hash war is between BCH ABC and SV? why is it affecting btc?
ðºÞæ

Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:12:55 PM

If the banks would not have forked bitcoin to create the 3rd party implementation of a segregated witness bitcoin (creating a payment channel, aka akin to opening a bank account) no other bitcoin version would exist.
Bitcoin is a banks version, SV is continuation of how Satoshi created it, Peer to Peer.  A world of difference.
ABC is a chines miners version.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
marcitosi

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:16:47 PM

how can we say now that all the hardfork happened and I think that the new coin will be very strong and will not get lost in the market

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████ BITZON ███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ First Marketplace Powered by the Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●[/url]
https://bitzon.io/
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 08:31:00 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't care about BCH at all? Smiley
Don't understand who needs this trashcoin and why there is so much hype around it... What's the use of all these BTC forks?

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:17:28 PM

The split is now causing hash war which is in turn affecting the crypto market and i think they will continue to fork until they are tired, even the bitcoin sv might still split in the future.

Agree. The Bitcoin Cash hash war has caused more harm than good to the whole cryptocurrency market. That's main reason why prices have started to decline even further. Before that, Bitcoin prices were between the $6,500 - $7,000 mark. However, right after the BCH hard fork, prices have tumbled and experienced a sharp decline way below the $5,000 bottom (in Bitcoin) many have believed that the year would end.

Until today, Bitcoin Cash is still at war, since both sides (ABC and SV) are mining at a loss. They might never stop until either one gets the BCH ticker/name. Considering the current state of the Bitcoin Cash blockchain, I'd say that it's pretty much destroyed. It'll be quite hard for Roger Ver or even Craig Wright to gain a reputation within the crypto sphere, as no one would trust them anymore. Their actions have caused a deep impact not only to Bitcoin Cash, but also to the rest of the cryptocurrency market. People would think twice before investing into cryptocurrencies, due to these "hash wars" which disrupt the crypto sphere in various ways.

As much as I hate forks, BCH ABC or BCH SV will not survive for long. Even if either side wins, I doubt that BCH will take off in the future. In the bright side, Bitcoin is still the original Bitcoin, and it's been a reliable cryptocurrency for payments (despite the slow transaction throughput and high fees). There's never been a hard fork which has disrupted the BTC blockchain for a while, making Bitcoin the most secure cryptocurrency in existence. That's why, Bitcoin will prevail over other forks in the long term. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: