Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:25:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A good investment option? ICO's pitched on a PRODUCT, not a White Paper  (Read 2283 times)
FinanceX (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 07:56:00 AM

The feedback I'm getting is that it's almost impossible to find an ICO with a product

Dau1coduot

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:57:05 AM

It's true but not all ICO will have working products during their ICO. So Whitepaper is the most important.
FinanceX (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 08:07:58 AM

It's true but not all ICO will have working products during their ICO. So Whitepaper is the most important.
But obviously the ideal situation is to find an ICO that has both  Wink

FinanceX (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 10:09:12 AM

How many ICO's out there are based on a product? Let me know if you know of any

FinanceX (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 08:51:20 AM

FinanceX (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 08:51:32 AM

justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:12:38 PM

Some White Paper's I have read sound so promising but I can't bring myself to invest as the chances of success are very limited. I'm actively looking for product based ICO's to invest in
That is usually the thing ! Sounding promising and being workable in reality are two major things.
A lot of people focus so much on the whitepaper and the idea, which I believe Ideas can be copy, but they tend to discard what is valuable the most, which is the product.

At least, the presence of a product shows you a team that is ready to work and know what they are doing to be able to have been achieving to that stage. It is then the future of this product and its further development based on the other technicalities you have read, and how it is going to be useful enough to create demand in the long run, which you are investing in now.
FinanceX (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 02:30:27 AM

Some White Paper's I have read sound so promising but I can't bring myself to invest as the chances of success are very limited. I'm actively looking for product based ICO's to invest in
That is usually the thing ! Sounding promising and being workable in reality are two major things.
A lot of people focus so much on the whitepaper and the idea, which I believe Ideas can be copy, but they tend to discard what is valuable the most, which is the product.

At least, the presence of a product shows you a team that is ready to work and know what they are doing to be able to have been achieving to that stage. It is then the future of this product and its further development based on the other technicalities you have read, and how it is going to be useful enough to create demand in the long run, which you are investing in now.
I guess many ICO's are unable to produce the product first as they need the funding to implement their idea but so many ideas fail. If the product is proven then it's a good investment in my opinion.

FinanceX (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 09:23:26 AM

bump

FinanceX (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 02:18:36 AM

Articles continue to come out about failed ICO's. What do they all have in common? No product

Jaywahin

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:55:51 AM

If you find an ICO which can offer its product then send here the link, I think that you will find many investors.
& I get Only SciDex, This allows the expression and execution of more complex transactions. The result: readable, compliant and adaptive smart contracts for complex assets transaction (i.e. data, licensing or insurance).
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:43:58 AM

Whether it has a working product or just a white paper, the success of ICOs depends on the truthfulness, honesty, dedication and just in time delivery of the project from the team member . Having a working product does not guarantee a success of an ICOs but it gives a high investors confidence rating.
FinanceX (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 06:47:02 AM

Whether it has a working product or just a white paper, the success of ICOs depends on the truthfulness, honesty, dedication and just in time delivery of the project from the team member of the projects. Having a working product does not guarantee on an ICOs but it gives a high investors confidence rating.
Good point. No matter whether there is a product or not, people have to know about it and the team. Timing is hugely important, too.

nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:09:26 PM

this is a popular form why you think it is unreliable. there are a lot of facts of successful ICO. of course there are cases of risk, but does not mean that this form is not needed.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:23:45 PM

Your opinion is not 100% correct, ICO with working product does not mean it'll become success, some project raised a lot of fund without working product, how do you explain this situation? Whitepaper just a way to let investor know more about the project, 2018 not a good year for ICO, anyway I still believe lCO investments
This is not about the success, it is about at least investing in something you can see which as far as I am concerned, a whitepaper without a product is far worse than a project with both unless we want to lie to ourselves. Like you said, whitepaper is just a way to give you the idea of what the project is practically based on and make you understand the product.

However, in the absence of a product, you will only be investing in empty promises, and the last time I checked, I thought investors are already smart enough to know that investing in empty promises is like taking a huge risk.
FinanceX (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 01:56:33 AM

We can find many ico only giving promise about their product when we are investing at their ico, I am never see how the seriously of the ico project want to give real product based on their ico offer. Many ico have energy product but when listed at the market we are seeing nothing.
Sometimes you don't have to look to far to find an ICO with a product Wink

FinanceX (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 08:00:17 AM

It would be interesting to hear from people out there that have invested in hyped ideas that never eventuated.

FinanceX (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 01:49:24 AM

ICO's are very difficult to publicly fund now. Ideas really aren't going to cut it. A product is far more attractive especially if it's proven

FinanceX (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 04:27:56 AM

2018, especially Q2, has made investors more cautious when it comes to ICO investment. An ICO with a product is going to be instantly more attractive. It needs to be a product that is proven and a team that has a clear vision of expansion.

konflikkastil

Activity: 879
Merit: 10

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:35:34 AM

2018, especially Q2, has made investors more cautious when it comes to ICO investment. An ICO with a product is going to be instantly more attractive. It needs to be a product that is proven and a team that has a clear vision of expansion.
yes, with the many ico without products currently many of them are scams so I think products and whitepapers are very important so investors know more details about the details of ico

SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: