Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:21:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you like to purchase fine French vintages with Bitcoins?
yes - 24 (92.3%)
no - 2 (7.7%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wine Shop!  (Read 1213 times)
Ashkelon (OP)

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 08:44:14 PM

Hello

I live in Paris and was wondering if people would be interested in getting great french wines for cheap, for bitcoins of course. I thought I'd ask to gauge interest, if some people are interested, I can post a menu or source a particular vintage if you want something specific.

Let me know

dominus mysteria

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
REF

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 09:12:20 PM

i tried selling wine on here before but didnt get any response
likuidxd

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 10:04:42 PM

I'd love it, but I'm in the US and shipping liquids here, especially alcoholic, seems to be an issue

Ashkelon (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 02:56:06 PM

I'd love it, but I'm in the US and shipping liquids here, especially alcoholic, seems to be an issue
While technically illegal (and counted as smuggling) from what I've seen if I mark it as a sample or a gift it should be fine. Watch this space, I'll try to find some source as to how to do this properly.

dominus mysteria
digital

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 02:59:11 PM

yeah, i would be down, but I too live in the US...

If I help you out: 17QatvSdciyv2zsdAbphDEUzST1S6x46c3
References (bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=): 50051.20  50051.100  53668.0  53788.0  53571.0  53571.0  52212.0  50729.0  114804.0  115468  78106  69061  58572  54747
likuidxd

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 03:02:57 PM

While technically illegal (and counted as smuggling) from what I've seen if I mark it as a sample or a gift it should be fine. Watch this space, I'll try to find some source as to how to do this properly.

I think this only works for smaller quantities, like 250ml bottles. It's a bummer, I'm pretty much at the will of local distributors as to what they want to carry.

Ashkelon (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 04:19:00 PM

ok so here goes

it legal to send wine to a private person over the age of 21 in the USA if (a) the value of the shipment is less than 2000 USD, (b) a prior notice form is filled and given to US customs, (c) all relevant excise and custom duties are paid (d) the wine is not carried by USPS.

Since here in france wine is considered to be a basic human right (joke.. almost) our postal service has set up a system with a private carrier in the US where they take care of the paperwork and formalities for us.

I'm going to pop into my local post office later on this week and get a proper rundown as to the formalities and what the costs are but it does appear to be possible.

So I'll be putting up some menus and prices and as mentioned before, if you are looking for a particular vintage, just let me know.

this is a link to a pdf set up by the french postal service explaining export rules throughout the world for wine, sorry but it's in french.
http://www.chronopost.fr/transport-express/webdav/site/chronov4/users/chronopost/public/pdf/marche/Guide-Export-Viti-2010.pdf

dominus mysteria
CoinLab

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 06:28:35 PM

I am also interested.  In the US. 
Pipesnake
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 03:33:50 PM

Any news?

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
yossarian

Activity: 492

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 04:22:47 PM

I can probably get this in my local supermarket, but for the sake of supporting BTC-infrastructure, I'd be interested as well.

Shipping should be easier though, I live in Germany. Cheesy

I'm always buying and selling BTC, PM me for details. Rating and GPG-key: http://is.gd/yossarian

Buy and sell BTC via SEPA: https://www.bitcoin.de/r/nrnxg6

Bitmessage: BM-2DAoXPtLdQEnR2iSneCTjpgRPtzXsSAi1m
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 04:34:04 PM

Varies by state, but some do prohibit all shipments of alcohol. Wine Institute updates a nifty map with summaries on each state for reference. http://wineinstitute.shipcompliant.com/Home.aspx?SaleTypeID=2

I pay $14 for piss-quality 750ml bottles of wine, so competition would be quite welcome.
Pipesnake
Legendary

Activity: 1012

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 11:36:54 PM

Ashkelon do you have any contacts in the states?

I think a wine shop that accepts btc would do quite well.  The biggest problem (in addition to the state regulations) is the cost of shipping wine (heavy liquid).  If you could ship in bulk to the various countries it would make your idea viable.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Jon
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 11:44:03 PM

Cabernet Sauvignon to compliment my steaks, please.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 04:31:58 AM

Sure I will, why not?

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2012, 04:09:00 AM

I will be visiting Paris with my wife for our anniversary in mid July (15-18ish).  Could you post a link to your store?  Or were you just saying you could buy it and ship it to US for bitcoins?

I suggest you get some place in paris to accept bitcoins (perhaps help them get setup with bit-pay.com).  Then I can stop there when I visit!

We'll be staying close to Eiffel tower (surprise surprise, I know), we're newbs @ Europe.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: