Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:20:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Margin Trading  (Read 421 times)
deus030518 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:10:19 PM

Hi I just want to know what is Margin Trading and how did it help you with your trading? What type of trading are you most using? I am so confuse on what trading type will I use to trade for newbie like me.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:33:17 PM

I don't use margin trading because IMO it somewhat resembles gambling. That being said, I know that some non-margin traders use the signals collected from margin trading to short or long their positions on exchanges.

If you want to learn more about margin or leverage trading, here are some threads you might find useful:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4872003
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4320063
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1819261

P.S. If you are a newbie, don't get into margin trading straight away. Start with "normal" day trading, or long term investments.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:39:33 PM

In more general terms, marging trading is pretty much the same as trading with borrowed money. In most cases it's done to enhance gains, but it works both ways which means that it could just as easily result in deeper losses in case the market works against you. I don't recommend any newbie to play around with this, especially not when it comes to crypto as severely volatile asset class. In other words, don't do it.

Even regular trading is a losing practice for most people, especially with how the market has a bearish bias to it right now. Dollar cost averaging is the most noob friendly investment strategy there is. Newbies should stick to buying Bitcoin and keep it offline for a longer period of time. Focus on that. Smiley

Also avoid altcoins. It's just not worth it.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:44:50 PM

What type of trading are you most using?

I'm just buying coins which I'm interested and hold them until it reaches my target price. This is called an investing.

I am so confuse on what trading type will I use to trade for newbie like me.

As a newbie better don't jump directly on to margin trading. You might have heard that you can make a lot of money from margin trading with less investment but you also can lose all your money even faster if your pick doesn't perform well. So you should first start with buying coins and hold them and monitor market how it moves because crypto market behaves quite differently from share market. In a day it can move up or down a lot.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:57:34 PM

Hi I just want to know what is Margin Trading and how did it help you with your trading? What type of trading are you most using? I am so confuse on what trading type will I use to trade for newbie like me.
Margin trading is a gap between the price of a coin when we buy it and when we sell it. Margin Trading is very necessary because this will determine whether we will benefit or not. Simply stated, when we can get positive margin trading, we can make a profit and when the margin trading looks negative, we will get a loss. So oatut is very concerned because our goal of trading is to make a profit. Believe that such a thing is the basis when we will try to start Trading.

Besides that, Trading also requires knowledge and experience when we want to get success.
gayan777

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:02:00 PM

Margin trading is a type of trading which is correlated with the lending market. It enables an investor to invest more on a trade than what he/she can afford. It is one of the riskiest types of trading, however the most profitable one that allows a trader to open a position with leverage.  A Margin Trader/Short Investor borrows cryptocurrencies either peer to peer or from the exchange.
robertsu

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 04:51:41 AM

Margin Trading is very important on the classical securities market. Volatility is often not so high. In the cryptocurrency volatility is huge, I don't see a  reason to take additional risks.
diger

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 04:55:35 AM

This trading is similar to binary options .That is , let's say you bet that bitcoin will cost $ 8000 and he went to 7000 , it means that you lost everything you bet (if you went to 8 000 dollars you would have won ) This is a very risky trade but also super-profitable, if you do not know the market better do not touch margin trading
apityeh71

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:11:46 AM

Use Margin in crypto trading is not recommended for newbie because the level risk will be higher. Use margin in crypto similar betting or gambling so will be more difficult to get consistent profit from it. For the better dont use margin in crypto trading to avoid big loss.

manggis97

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:37:32 AM

My experience in margin trading is bad because when first times i started i was loss $500 just by 2 times trade. Margin trading is really more risky than spot trading,  if you want to try it is more safe to use only 2% or maximum 5% of your money.  And will be better only use maximum 5 times leverage and not more because higher than that is mean you will not trade but do gambling.

demonic098

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

Ximply for president!!!

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:57:50 AM

In margin trading you can still make profit even the price is going down by using short position. They also let you multiply your buying power through leverage but it has a liquidation which is quite bad. If you reached that liquidation price, your money will be gone unlike on regular trading where you can hodl the coin you bought.

Buy me a drink ETH: 0xED47aFa721e4228Bf19434aDDB1B79E740822540
asdnguyenthanhtin

Activity: 100
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:23:53 AM

If you are newbie. My best advice to you is not to try the trade margin. For professional traders who have experience and discipline. They still lose more.
You can try with a small amount money. The first thing you learn when the trade margin is learning to control greed and discipline.
In a risky and manipulative market. A market where a good trader can not guess. A market shark manipulated. So the margin is gambling
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:15:07 AM

It is the best to do normal trading as mostly all are practising it till now. Anyways, it's up to you mate,  but absolutely you may just lost all your assets if you push your self doing that.  Even experts never focus on margin trading as they are experiencing loses though.
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:40:59 AM

In more general terms, marging trading is pretty much the same as trading with borrowed money. In most cases it's done to enhance gains, but it works both ways which means that it could just as easily result in deeper losses in case the market works against you. I don't recommend any newbie to play around with this, especially not when it comes to crypto as severely volatile asset class. In other words, don't do it.

Even regular trading is a losing practice for most people, especially with how the market has a bearish bias to it right now. Dollar cost averaging is the most noob friendly investment strategy there is. Newbies should stick to buying Bitcoin and keep it offline for a longer period of time. Focus on that. Smiley

Also avoid altcoins. It's just not worth it.

Well certainly you need to have a winning strategy before even considering leveraging. If you already are successful at trading then you can consider margin trading. It works reallly well when you have a really safe strategy, you must have very good entries becuase you cant really afford to be wrong too often.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:22:48 PM

Some times I really wish that leverage trading wasn't so easily accessible as it is right now. I continuously see people complain about BitMEX that they got scammed, while in reality they only made a wrong call.

If you go with an insane leverage count and the market moves in the opposite direction, you'll lose your position in full on BitMEX, because that's how it works. It's pretty similar to gambling actually.

If people just firmly kept their Bitcoins offline without touching them, they would be a whole lot wealthier by now. People overestimate their trading skills and for that reason don't know that they are actually gambling.

What's the sole outcome of long term gambling? Right, it's the house that always wins.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
deus030518 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:11:41 AM

Thanks for all your reply to my thread it really help me alot. I think it is the hardest way to do trading, so I must not do that kind of trading and it is not advisable for some trader cause it is too risky to do the Margin trading. Am I right?
juperos

Activity: 459

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:15:59 AM

Escrow trading is quite good but you need to determine long term investment. If you want to make a small amount of money, you should not trade margin. But I think you should invest individually and should not trade margin. it will help you more freedom in investing.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
forex

Activity: 290

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:20:12 AM

Margin trading is the type of tdadin which doesn't fit for newbies. I thin it's all that u shoud to know)))
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 09:07:01 AM

As i know there are 2 type of trading, that is margin trading and spot trading, all asset like crypto, stocks, commodities and forex we can trade it by spot and margin trading. Spot trading will be have lower risk than margin trading although we can make profit only from up trend, and margin trading have higher risk because of high leverage. In margin trading more possible our balance going to zero from wrong prediction but in spot trading especially on stock and forex market is our balance not to be going to zero because this asset has low volatility.

usekevin

Activity: 2240
Merit: 562

Instant cryptocurrency exchange with own reserves!

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:01:38 PM

If you had huge knowledge in trading,you can start a margin trading. Or else use to inverse for long-term.Hold it as much you can,when the price reaches maximum.You will get more profit from it.Day trading is the another option you had.Some of the initial trader will start from day trading.In day trading,you must be more active for huge profits.

▄▄███████
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████▄██████████▄
▄██████████▄████████████▄
█████████████████████████
████████▄████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀████████▐████████████▀
▀██████▐████████████▀
▀██████████████▀