Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:34:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: For staking: Do you use one wallet per coin or a multicoin wallet eg MyEtherWall  (Read 512 times)
annasadia

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:53:41 AM

I think it's depending on you. I think you should need more security, you can use your own wallet, but many of the traders use multi-coin wallet. And I think two are the same. There has strong security.
samarabtc

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:17:22 AM

It's a good question. I think it totally depends on the user. The people those have fear of coin, generally, they use and want to use every coin to their original wallet and some use multi-coin wallet. The things of security that depend on user.
G14tz87

Activity: 321
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:34:47 AM

I use MyEtherWallet, I think it depends entirely on the user and manager of the wallet itself. Because people who are scared of coins, generally, they use and want to use each coin into their original wallet and some use multi-coin purses. All security things that depend on the wallet users themselves.
Ruby_Official
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:52:22 AM

Hi Everyone

As per the title do you download the wallet developed specifically for the coin you want to stake or a multicoin wallet eg Jaxx or MyEtherWallet?  Which one is safest to run on my computer 24/7?  What would be the pros and cons of each?  Thanks
Hi Sir,
I wanna introduce Ruby-X.
If official service launches you can select the rate of using cold wallet 70% to 100%!
It's for safety!
You can check details on the link below in various languages!

https://wiki.ruby-x.io/ruby-document

NeckettMarket

Activity: 77

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:34:26 AM

You have to take a little bit of risk in such a market as computers do not have their own intelligence, so you can be in trouble at any time. You should be sure about electricity and the maintenance cost, compare with multi wallet and personal wallet.
SladderyNewS

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:27:37 AM

If security is considered then the one coin wallet and multi coin wallet are equally risky. if you run the computer based on web or PC wallet, it will keep you as safe the computer is.
Shative

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:11:38 AM

Actually security does not depend on whether you use multi coin wallet or single coin wallet. Security depends on the computer with which you have been using the wallet and the strong password of wallet.
SlashEject

Activity: 219

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:34:22 AM

If you cannot able to make your computer safe then neither of the wallet will be secure. You need to use a secure environment and careful about how and where to your wallet.
Welinigh

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:59:44 AM

well as far I understand I think it is completely depends on the investors, but you need to understand one thing that if you will able to deal with multiple wallets or not cause wallet security is important then using multiple wallets
althiche

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:05:46 AM

i think it's depend on user. because someone keep their coin in original wallet and few people interest to use multiple wallet. everybody should be careful about their wallet and its password. it is most important for users. because hacker can be easily hack by weak password.
enellf

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:50:15 AM

this is a very tricky question to answer cause I am not if useing multiple wallets will help you or not but yes you have that chance to use multiple wallets so if you like and if you think you will able to handle them then it is already but yes you have to sure about their security
Flin+piclo

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:45:34 AM

you have the full rights and chance to use more than one wallets but I think it is better to use one wallet cause it will help you to have the best security,  you will able to concertent more
Proo1947

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:59:37 AM

I think it is better to use a single wallet for a single coin. it will reduce the chance of hacking all of your investments. But if you can ensure adequate security, multi coin wallet would reduce the burden of managing various wallets.
Nicolaus Copernicus

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:27:01 PM

I think it depends on the user. Some people use the original wallet for keep currency and some prefer multiple wallet. We must avoid weak passwords and phishing websites. hacker can easily hacked on your wallet if you use weak password. you should be careful about your wallet and its password.
raitsuk

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:29:54 PM

For me, i prefer to use single wallet for each coin that i had.
Just in case that my wallet got hacked, then i've still had another wallet that are safe with my coin intact.

SpyderSpyNX

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:50:29 PM

I think it depends on the user. Some people use the original wallet and some prefer multiple wallet. However, the password is very important. We must avoid weak passwords and phishing websites.
glasbren

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:57:38 PM

Honestly because i'm forgetful, i choose to put several coins in a single wallet.
That way i don't have to remember so many different wallet that holds my coins in it.
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:25:27 PM

I just do not need to use a multicoin wallet. Most of the my funds are tokens erc-20. Also some coins that I have are not added to the multicoin wallets.

danceinthedunes

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:29:14 PM

I think it is a question for different people, there are people who share their pcs with many other people and therefore need a stricter security in their wallets, and there are others who simply do not trust their income on third parties and prefer to use the wallet specific for the currency, in the end, is a matter of personal opinion and if you care so much about security
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1337

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:40:11 PM

Hi Everyone

As per the title do you download the wallet developed specifically for the coin you want to stake or a multicoin wallet eg Jaxx or MyEtherWallet?  Which one is safest to run on my computer 24/7?  What would be the pros and cons of each?  Thanks
I really do not think that it makes too much of a difference, however if you are really worried about the security of your coins then only use the wallet designed by the developers of that coin, but one thing that you are going to realize very fast is that if you are in this market you will end up having tens of different wallets, so a wallet that can accept multiple cryptocurrencies becomes really practical at that point.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: