Bitcoin Forum
August 27, 2024, 07:16:21 PM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting A Bitcoin ATM Company, Looking For A Business Partner.  (Read 1825 times)
OpenBTCATM (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:01:57 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 06:56:27 PM by OpenBTCATM

Hello my name is Neil,

I currently work for Nissan as an technical author, I have been following Bitcoin sense early 2011, I understand the bitcoin protocol, and the grasp the total aspect of how it operates as a decentralized currency. I'm 24 year old college educated entrepreneur, who is looking for a business partner to help me develop a bitcoin ATM, this ATM will have aspects that will allow me to brand it in a category of: Worlds First. This will be a huge selling point, and is a selling aspect I personally have created. Obviously I' am not about to explain what about this will be the worlds first, as I would be giving my ideas away for free.

I recently started developing a BTC ATM company, my goal is to produce the first prototype this year.

Work I have completed:

-Company registered within the state of MI.

-Website near completion.

-Purchased domain and hosting

-Developed the basic aspects for a prototype.

-Currently working on the technical aspects of building a BTC ATM.

I have work history in Web design, graphic design, authoring, computer related hardware ( give me a box of computer parts, will have it running in 15 min), and concept designing. I'm also educated in project management, and sales.

Please PM if you are interested, I'm looking for someone who has knowledge specifically in programing. Thanks - Neil
stealthman

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:43:11 PM

This is a good idea. A lot here is about law of operating that. I don't really get what you need partner for? And what do you propouse?
OpenBTCATM (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:08:46 PM

I'm looking for a partner to take on part of the work load, as its extremely time consuming to create a company from the ground up, time is of the essence! Also, their are certain aspects of the developing my first prototype I will need help with, i.e. I'm not a master coder/programmer.
maxuser

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 12:44:21 AM

An ATM is a good idea, what are you planning for the hardware part and manufacturing it? The software side is not too complicated however building and servicing it are much more harder. I can help with electronics and programming.

Good luck with your project, launching an ATM company is a very long and costly road and in the end can be very profitable.
OpenBTCATM (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:36:06 AM

An ATM is a good idea, what are you planning for the hardware part and manufacturing it? The software side is not too complicated however building and servicing it are much more harder. I can help with electronics and programming.

Good luck with your project, launching an ATM company is a very long and costly road and in the end can be very profitable.

Its funny you said it that way. To me building/creating the ATM physically would be the easy part. The programing and software development would be the hard part. Mind you I have already looked at a lot of BTC ATMs wiring diagrams and also researched into the insides of bank owned. From a engineering aspect there is not much hardware and wiring to an ATM, mind you I have a lot of experience in computer hardware related designs. PM if your interested in joining the future Team. I'm more than confidant I will succeed in developing this product. To me its just matter of time!
bitvestor

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:54:47 AM

Well, there is already existing ATM, what is going to make yours different?
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:03:06 AM

I also have plans to build Bitcoin vending machines, just not full ATMs. I like the Lamassu, but they are a little pricey for my needs. I can manufacture them here in the Philippines if I can get a good design and components. I have a catchy domain name for the machines, but a long way to go. I have some good ideas and am willing to share.

P.S.
I have no interest in promoting fiat currencies. I'll let the banks spend the overhead and infrastructure to maintain their fiat money, thank you. Besides, BTMs are much cheaper. Also customers won't be followed and mugged after leaving one (I live in a dangerous place).

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
raaawr

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 03:16:36 PM

Wild idea here, but have you thought about doing identity atm's? Someway you can prove your id, photo, and location without having to send it to any company? Secured through cryptography of course. Just thinking of a way to follow the KYC/AML regulations without having to deal with a centralized entity.

E
stealthman

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:13:01 PM

so what are you going to build? is it will be a vending machine or a full size ATM which will dispence fiat? That's 2 different things.
so vending or ATM? sort out please
OpenBTCATM (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:53:46 AM

Wild idea here, but have you thought about doing identity atm's? Someway you can prove your id, photo, and location without having to send it to any company? Secured through cryptography of course. Just thinking of a way to follow the KYC/AML regulations without having to deal with a centralized entity.

E
I have thought up a few creative ideas to get around this.
OpenBTCATM (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:52:23 PM

New Thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507142.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: