Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:34:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Noncetech - Sales Closed. Price drop soon.  (Read 11090 times)
Noncetech (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 10:15:14 AM

Since when Finland is...in Hong-kong...?

Noncetech's staff is from Finland. Noncetech was incorporated in Hong Kong.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Noncetech (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 11:38:18 AM

Pre-orders for the first batch will start on Tuesday 8.4 from GMT 20:00 onwards for exactly 10 days or until mining rigs worth 240 Sampo mining cards have been payed for.

Production will immediately start for the first orders worth 60 Sampo mining cards for which payment is received.
ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:50:49 AM

Since when Finland is...in Hong-kong...?

Noncetech's staff is from Finland. Noncetech was incorporated in Hong Kong.

Thanks for the clarification...

Smart move...to be closer to the manufacturing base...

Good luck...!
Noncetech (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 06:56:02 PM

1 hour and 5 minutes until pre-ordering will open.
virtualspade

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:06:35 PM

I went to check out Noncetech's beta miners in Helsinki today, generally speaking I liked what I saw, I admit I'm not a Bitcoin miner expert but I have some general knowledge about electronics and Bitcoin mining. I started mining scrypt coins about a year ago and I have read a lot of articles about Bitcon mining and mining hardware in the last year. I would say I have pretty good picture about Bitcoin mining in general.

The whole team was there, the coder, hardware guy and the economics guy, everyone seemed to know their stuff pretty well. Also one of the guys has a Chinese origin and speaks Chinese which I would say is a good advantage when you do business with Chinese subcontractors, for the assembly of the miners and so on. All the guys were friendly and in my opinion "down to earth" and none of them were full of themselves. Well that may yet change when they get filthy rich selling all those miners to us, I noticed money can do strange things to good people, I just hope they get rich, and don't turn into the dark side after that... I liked their team and wouldn't mind doing business with them.

They set up 2 miners at the occasion, one was their first test miner the other was one of the "beta" miners. The hardware setup seemed quite basic, just plug in the cables and boot the RasPi, the software side was not not yet that simple, their drivers for cgminer was not yet completely finished, so they needed to manually input some commands ( setting the voltage to the chips ) to the RasPi before starting cgminer.

Their web interface for the miner was not yet finished, so I just got a look at the page layout for the interface. The driver part that controls the fan speed on the miner was not yet fully programmed so the fans were on full speed all the time, and those small fans are quite noisy.

The miners was running in "Turbo" mode hashing around 250GH/s or more correctly they showed in cgminer as 2 x 125GH/s per card, 2 hashing blocks per card. One miner showed a little more HW errors than the others, that was the original first test miner the built, on the "Beta" miners they had made some hardware modifications on the Pcb, and it had less HW errors or none. We calculated the percentage of the HW errors on the original test miner, but stupid me cant remember the exact number, but it was low. As a scrypt miner with Gpu's I'm used to 0 HW errors, if I have HW errors I re tune my rigs so they go away, I was assured that Bitcoin mining with Asic's will produce some HW errors and thats normal.

The components on the Pcb's are of high quality, all critical components are made in USA or Japan, this is for stability and long life of the miner, I agree with the choice for a little more expensive components, as for me a miner has to be production grade, I don't have time to baby sit my miners, they should work 24/7/365.

One thing that I didn't get to see in the 3h visit I made to Noncetech is the chassis for the miners, they have not yet got that from the producer. Well I of course wonder how hot will the chassis get on the inside, with 4 cards running in "Turbo" mode producing 1000w of heat, and 2x120mm fans to get that heat out from there.

I'm no expert, but I don't see any major issues with Noncetech getting their miner shipped within a reasonable time after the Pre-orders start, there is some coding to do, but I would say that the coding is not a big issue. I was told that they have the "assembly line" all ready arranged with a Chinese subcontractor, and they are going to China to oversee the assembly and shipping of the miners. One thing that comes to mind is the chassis, if it needs total redesign, that could cause a small delay. Another thing that they have not done yet is a long term stress test, running a miner more than a day or two, now that I think of it, I should have volunteered to do a 3 week stress test on some of their miners, I'm sure my scrypt rigs wouldn't mind the noise in the garage...

Ok, I wont bore you guys any more today..

Best of luck to Noncetech launch today

virtualspade's cold beer fund: BTC:1PFLjadp8BUXihShfEmhCKugUUfo8SveJy LTC:LUTaae2YTkZomPgd2AeqKyNonpe2iTgZ7R  WDC:WQ6hNRmN4cDhF6XmccRN6uruWinLkZd2Aj More over here
cyberspaced

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:49:13 AM

I went to check out Noncetech's beta miners in Helsinki today, generally speaking I liked what I saw, I admit I'm not a Bitcoin miner expert but I have some general knowledge about electronics and Bitcoin mining. I started mining scrypt coins about a year ago and I have read a lot of articles about Bitcon mining and mining hardware in the last year. I would say I have pretty good picture about Bitcoin mining in general.

The whole team was there, the coder, hardware guy and the economics guy, everyone seemed to know their stuff pretty well. Also one of the guys has a Chinese origin and speaks Chinese which I would say is a good advantage when you do business with Chinese subcontractors, for the assembly of the miners and so on. All the guys were friendly and in my opinion "down to earth" and none of them were full of themselves. Well that may yet change when they get filthy rich selling all those miners to us, I noticed money can do strange things to good people, I just hope they get rich, and don't turn into the dark side after that... I liked their team and wouldn't mind doing business with them.

They set up 2 miners at the occasion, one was their first test miner the other was one of the "beta" miners. The hardware setup seemed quite basic, just plug in the cables and boot the RasPi, the software side was not not yet that simple, their drivers for cgminer was not yet completely finished, so they needed to manually input some commands ( setting the voltage to the chips ) to the RasPi before starting cgminer.

Their web interface for the miner was not yet finished, so I just got a look at the page layout for the interface. The driver part that controls the fan speed on the miner was not yet fully programmed so the fans were on full speed all the time, and those small fans are quite noisy.

The miners was running in "Turbo" mode hashing around 250GH/s or more correctly they showed in cgminer as 2 x 125GH/s per card, 2 hashing blocks per card. One miner showed a little more HW errors than the others, that was the original first test miner the built, on the "Beta" miners they had made some hardware modifications on the Pcb, and it had less HW errors or none. We calculated the percentage of the HW errors on the original test miner, but stupid me cant remember the exact number, but it was low. As a scrypt miner with Gpu's I'm used to 0 HW errors, if I have HW errors I re tune my rigs so they go away, I was assured that Bitcoin mining with Asic's will produce some HW errors and thats normal.

The components on the Pcb's are of high quality, all critical components are made in USA or Japan, this is for stability and long life of the miner, I agree with the choice for a little more expensive components, as for me a miner has to be production grade, I don't have time to baby sit my miners, they should work 24/7/365.

One thing that I didn't get to see in the 3h visit I made to Noncetech is the chassis for the miners, they have not yet got that from the producer. Well I of course wonder how hot will the chassis get on the inside, with 4 cards running in "Turbo" mode producing 1000w of heat, and 2x120mm fans to get that heat out from there.

I'm no expert, but I don't see any major issues with Noncetech getting their miner shipped within a reasonable time after the Pre-orders start, there is some coding to do, but I would say that the coding is not a big issue. I was told that they have the "assembly line" all ready arranged with a Chinese subcontractor, and they are going to China to oversee the assembly and shipping of the miners. One thing that comes to mind is the chassis, if it needs total redesign, that could cause a small delay. Another thing that they have not done yet is a long term stress test, running a miner more than a day or two, now that I think of it, I should have volunteered to do a 3 week stress test on some of their miners, I'm sure my scrypt rigs wouldn't mind the noise in the garage...

Any photos, video...?
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:53:59 AM

That is great to hear.
They offered to have me come over I cannot handle the trip until maybe after my surgery.  They have been very open about their work.  I am impressed.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:57:21 AM

I know they have posted about it I just wanted to provide the live link the the cryptocoinsnews article about their ordering going live.
They are great guys it has been a pleasure to interview Antti and to see their progress.
They are also giving out a discount as outlined in my article.
I hope you all enjoy and Happy Mining.
Congrats Noncetech.

On 3/29/14, I had posted an interview with Antti of Noncetech in which I asked pressing questions about their business, their miners, and their impending sales launch.

Antti and his team let me know today that all their hard work and long nights had finally paid off: They are announcing their official sales launch today.

I have been excited about their miners and even more excited to see them go live. That their production and distribution is ready to go is excellent news considering so many of the big companies are not following through on their delivery promises.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/noncetech-announces-official-miner-sales-launch/2014/04/09

virtualspade

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:43:05 AM

Any photos, video...?

I'm sorry but I didn't have my camera with me ( stupid me forgot it ), but Noncetech uploaded 2 videos  to their web site last night.

virtualspade's cold beer fund: BTC:1PFLjadp8BUXihShfEmhCKugUUfo8SveJy LTC:LUTaae2YTkZomPgd2AeqKyNonpe2iTgZ7R  WDC:WQ6hNRmN4cDhF6XmccRN6uruWinLkZd2Aj More over here
Noncetech (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 07:49:26 AM

Thank you for visiting and writing about us! You forgot to mention the coffee and cookies!

Here are some comments to your post:

We have been running beta cards for about a week now without problems, however we have had to take the setup down to do some hardware and software updates.

About the chassis: we have been working with our chassis supplier and cooling systems subcontractor. The cooling inside the chassis is set up so that the mining card coolers are constantly pushing out the hot air and the frontal fans are there only to supply fresh air. The chassis should not be a problem with overheating.

The user interface is indeed still under development, but it is almost finished (1 or 2 days left). The communication with cgminer will use the standard cgminer API connection, thus it should also work with other cgminer monitor softwares.

In other news, here are the videos:

Simulating Sampo 1T with beta cards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exvXD2K9vNA

DIY overview for the mining card
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctam5lk_xKQ

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:24:03 PM

I will get those videos linked into the article for you when I get home.  Between flights right now.
Looks great guys.

Thank you for visiting and writing about us! You forgot to mention the coffee and cookies!

We have been running beta cards for about a week now without problems, however we have had to take the setup down to do some hardware and software updates.

About the chassis: we have been working with our chassis supplier and cooling systems subcontractor. The cooling inside the chassis is set up so that the mining card coolers are constantly pushing out the hot air and the frontal fans are there only to supply fresh air. The chassis should not be a problem with overheating.

The user interface is indeed still under development, but it is almost finished (1 or 2 days left). The communication with cgminer will use the standard cgminer API connection, thus it should also work with other cgminer monitor softwares.

Noncetech (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 12:54:19 AM

Thank you Scott.
Noncetech (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 08:08:09 AM

We have added bundle options for the Sampo 1T.

Buying 2 Sampo 1T's will save $400.

Buying 3 will save $700.
virtualspade

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:07:04 AM

Thank you for letting me visit, it was a pleasure, and yes I forgot to mention the coffee, cookies and the delicious ginger beer Smiley

Good to see that you have the cooling for the cases figured out, I can imagine that tunneling the air flow trough the case and the miners cooler will be sufficient to keep the case inside at acceptable operating temperatures. Now that I think of it, you mentioned just as I was leaving, that you had done some simulations for the case cooling.

And I figured that the coding part wouldn't take you long to get ready, as you seemed to have a very capable team working on the miners.   

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:05:20 PM

Your welcome they are in the article now.
Looks great.
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/noncetech-announces-official-miner-sales-launch/2014/04/09

Thank you Scott.

cyberspaced

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:56:34 PM

Any photos, video...?

I'm sorry but I didn't have my camera with me ( stupid me forgot it ), but Noncetech uploaded 2 videos  to their web site last night.

You don't own a phone?
crazu

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:19:10 PM

Any photos, video...?

I'm sorry but I didn't have my camera with me ( stupid me forgot it ), but Noncetech uploaded 2 videos  to their web site last night.

You don't own a phone?

Please cyberspaced no need to be snide! Virtualspade was extremely nice to visit our demo event personally. Even more nice of him to comment on what he saw. There's plenty of footage; both videos and images available of the mining performance of our product in the launch thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=562182.0

We can provide you with any information you feel that is missing if you contact us directly via email: info@noncetech.com
cyberspaced

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:47:39 PM

Any photos, video...?

You don't own a phone?

Please cyberspaced no need to be snide! Virtualspade was extremely nice to visit our demo event personally. Even more nice of him to comment on what he saw. There's plenty of footage; both videos and images available of the mining performance of our product in the launch thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=562182.0

We can provide you with any information you feel that is missing if you contact us directly via email: info@noncetech.com

Videos and a few photos from one source...!

You guys moved from Finland to China, so my guess is that most people here would like to see some proof from someone not affiliated with Noncetech.
And why can't you provide info here, could end up saving you answering a lot of mails...
If possible, can you tell me the noise level in dB of one card running turbo ( they sound really loud in your video )?

crazu

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 09:49:49 PM

Point taken on the dB measurement! I agree on having the pictures only from one source is not great and we're working to get this fixed, but I would still be thankful if we could avoid personal remarks on the thread. I'll provide the thread with the noise level information asap.

Thank you for your interest so far!
Noncetech (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 10:32:54 PM

I would describe the noise as something from a quiet vacuum cleaner.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: