Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:57:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Prediction: CampBX is on it's way out  (Read 1551 times)
skilo (OP)

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:25:03 PM

They lost their bank so no more cashing out, They are plagued with server issues like now, Anytime something big happens in the Bitcoin world CampBX servers magically start to lag out like mt gox did last year effectively bringing trading to a halt.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skilo (OP)

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:31:05 PM

CampBX was never "in".

I have been using them to trade since 2012 but i notice a disturbing trend with their servers lagging out, You would think 3 years would be long enough for them to get their shit together and provide a decent service but i guess that is too much to ask.

I say them not giving a shit about their own service and loosing their bank is pretty good sign CampBX has 1 foot in the grave.
NewestBitCoiner

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:14:38 PM

CampBX was never "in".

Not a trader, but I thought they were cool for while since I was able to get wallet without any "strings attached". Then they lost my coins, so now I hate them. But, seriosusly, if Mt.Gox, a "real company", with "real governmental oversight" can crash with everyone coins, you can bet that whenever CampBX rolls over, no one will ever get any coins back...

JNO (Just the NewGuys opinion).
iambk

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:48:16 PM

CampBX was never "in".

I have been using them to trade since 2012 but i notice a disturbing trend with their servers lagging out, You would think 3 years would be long enough for them to get their shit together and provide a decent service but i guess that is too much to ask.

I say them not giving a shit about their own service and loosing their bank is pretty good sign CampBX has 1 foot in the grave.

I think the guy that started CampBX had a lot of enthusiasm in the beginning but got in over his head and probably never got the trading volume he expected and therefore probably isn't making any money.  I suppose it is probably tempting to "borrow" BTC from the corporate assets (eg customer accounts) just to "get by."

I transferred all of my BTC out of CampBX and moved it into mt.gox.  Clearly moving it into mt.gox was a mistake but I still stand by my decision to move my coin out of CampBX.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:40:26 AM

CampBX was never "in".

Goes to show they did not invest enough into their infrastructure or did not have enough money to invest.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 11:26:24 PM

I've been using campbx for a while. I hope they get a new bank and stick around.

Their trading engine has much improved over there years, not sure what some people are talking about.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:04:41 AM

I've been using campbx for a while. I hope they get a new bank and stick around.

Their trading engine has much improved over there years, not sure what some people are talking about.

Same here. Have never had issues with them.
NewestBitCoiner

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:10:09 AM

My only issue was they stole my coins - or maybe lost them - almost just as incompetent.
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:00:53 PM

I've been using them for a long time now and never had any issues.  I do wonder how they continue to operate with such low volume though.  My best guess is that their Bitcoin exchange is a sideshow part of another business they have that is actually profitable and that's how they've continued to stay in business.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:57:22 PM

They "lost" my coins too, months ago now.  Took me a full two months to get them back.  I also predict they are on the way out.  Just don't be one of the idiots with funds there when it happens. 
NewestBitCoiner

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:05:58 PM

My only issue was they stole my coins - or maybe lost them - almost just as incompetent.

I can see from blockchain.info that they've taken the coins from my deposit address, but have still not credited them to my account.

It's clear now that CampBX is stealing from their customer accounts.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 12:44:43 AM

It appears that CampBx's withdraw by check feature may be available again.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:46:45 PM

It appears that CampBx's withdraw by check feature may be available again.

When did it disappear?  I put in for a check withdrawal a little over a week ago.  Looks like the money was deducted from my account last week sometime (I was on vacation).  Haven't checked the mail to see if I got the check or not yet though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: