Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:30:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merge Mining Scrypt Coins - Get 4 times your hash power! DOGE/LTC/DGC/CAT/42  (Read 5875 times)
hercules1600 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Cryptos are amazing, but Fedoracoin takes the cake

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 06:28:34 PM

Hello I have come across this pool and it seem like it should have far more power considering what it is.

http://manicminer.in

This is a merge mining scrypt pool.

At the moment you can mine 9 different coins at the same time, but here is a little breakdown of how it works.

The pool has 2 types of coins.

Coins they consider main chains, and coins they consider secondary chains.

This is how they explain it on their website.

Real power for 1Mhs
Coin    Power
DOGE    333 Khs
LTC    166 Khs
DGC    166 Khs
42    166 Khs
CAT    166 Khs
HUC    1 Mhs
ORG    1 Mhs
PTC    1 Mhs
USC    1 Mhs

As you can see your hash power will be split up between the main coins, but you will put forth full power at the other chains. BUT what is even better is you do not need to mine every coin.

Say you normally mine Doge coin. You can choose not to mine the other main chain coins if you would like so it would be more like this.

DOGE  1 Mhs
HUC    1 Mhs
ORG    1 Mhs
PTC    1 Mhs
USC    1 Mhs

How to Start.

1. Sign up at manicminer.in
2. Click on "Your Account" in the top left and click your username from the dropdown.
3. Enter your addresses for the coins you would like to mine. I suggest making an address for all the secondary coins. As for main coins I would only put the coins you would like to mine as your hash is split up between the main coins.
4. Add your workers on the same page as you added the coins.
5. Click "Info" on the left side and click "Instructions"
6. This will tell you the URL and credentials to use for your miner.

Main coins
Litecoin
Dogecoin
Digitalcoin
42coin
Catcoin

Secondary Coins - Full power all the time
Huntercoin
United Scrypt Coin
Orgcoin
Pesetacoin

So if you are a person who normally mines litecoin, dogecoin, digitalcoin, catcoin, or 42 coin then this is a no brainer to use this pool.
You basically will get up to 4 times your hash power.

SOOOOOO,

Lets promote this pool guys and gals. Scrypt merge mining is power saving and more profitable than normal mining.

ANNNNND

It uses p2pool for many of the coins so you do not need to worry about giant pool hashrates messing with the network.

Happy mining.

http://manicminer.in

TiPS (aka FedoraCoin) is the first anonymous cryptocurrency ever! join us at:
http://fedoraco.in/
TIPS - ELws5rL5nFDHBjtp7tneHpQQaaBq5rR7NW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:38:20 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 11:57:44 PM by Pangia

How is this possible?

Can anyone explain how this works?

It sounds a little too good to be true and you know what they say about that.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
hercules1600 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 12:15:35 AM

How is this possible?

Well if I understand correctly. The hashes that are being created by your miner to solve a block for say the LTC chain, may also solve a block for one of the secondary blockchains because the chains are compatible.

This is my very simple understanding of it.

backtrackit

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:18:47 AM

How is this possible?

Well if I understand correctly. The hashes that are being created by your miner to solve a block for say the LTC chain, may also solve a block for one of the secondary blockchains because the chains are compatible.

I'm just a noob but that don't sound right, I thought a block contained transactions, if that's right, how can it be compatible with other chains ?

Pangia

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:19:34 AM

How is this possible?

Okay thanks. I will experiment on this with one of my rigs tonight.  I'm still a bit confused though.  

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:19:47 AM

Huntercoin should be on top of the list of main chains. Its a coin that is grossly undervalued and I don't understand why.

Pangia

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:24:15 AM

Huntercoin should be on top of the list of main chains. Its a coin that is grossly undervalued and I don't understand why.

Can you better explain how this pool works?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
hercules1600 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 12:31:30 AM

heres a bit more information https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Merged_mining_specification

I currently have a rig pointed at them for DOGE and LTC and all secondary except ORG I am working on compiling an org wallet since that is what the pool is mostly finding since the network hash of the other coins is relatively high.

If we can get more people on this pool it is by far the best way to mine, much more efficient when your incorrect hashes can be correct on another chain. Smiley

hercules1600 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 12:33:42 AM

Can you better explain how this pool works?

The pool allocated a percentage of your hash power at the main coins you have chosen. At the same time the secondary coins get your full hash power as well. Check the chart.

Real power for 1Mhs
Coin    Power
DOGE    333 Khs
LTC    166 Khs
DGC    166 Khs
42    166 Khs
CAT    166 Khs
HUC    1 Mhs
ORG    1 Mhs
PTC    1 Mhs
USC    1 Mhs

Pangia

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:39:08 AM

Thanks for the info.  I will be joining you soon.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
jonnysomething

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:55:31 AM

How do you set it to mine just one coin, and then the others by default?
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:38:22 AM

You don't, they have a set distribution according to their site.

I'm trying it out but seeing 70% rejects....I average <1% on wafflepool.
hercules1600 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 01:48:05 AM

The rejected rate and accepted is totally false. I have read somewhere else which I will find for you but because of the way it works by checking muliple blockchains those numbers are not right.

To mine a coin you must first add your address so it knows where to pay. To not mine a coin simply do not add that address.

So if you would like to mine only doge and then the 4 secondary coins, then only add those wallet address.

Hope this helps Smiley

hercules1600 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 01:56:02 AM

I have also read that you can stop the rejects by raising your workers difficulty. Give that a try. I am as we speak.

I have found where I read the part about rejects https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=16039.0

DrGoose

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:58:01 AM

Say you normally mine Doge coin. You can choose not to mine the other main chain coins if you would like so it would be more like this.

DOGE  1 Mhs
HUC    1 Mhs
ORG    1 Mhs
PTC    1 Mhs
USC    1 Mhs

Are you 100% sure?

Excerpt from the documentation ( http://manicminer.in/docs/mining ):

Mining power is automatically balanced between main chain coins, in order to maximize the probability of finding also a valid share for secondary coins and complete a block as soon as possible.

Bear in mind that your power will only be divided among main chain coins, but it will be full for all secondary ones.

At the moment, we are allocating more more power to DogeCoin because it is more profitable. This could change in the future, because the pool will adapt its strategy to get maximum rewards for our miners.

You don't need to do anything, no coin choice, your power will be allocated automatically. Just make sure you get wallets for each coin in order to receive your rewards.

It is not clear. My interpretation of the doc is that you have no choice of the hashing power repartition, and you simply do not get paid for the hashing you provided for a coin when its wallet is not setup.

Can someone from ManicMiner confirm? (their forum is 404)
hercules1600 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 02:17:26 AM

DOGE  1 Mhs
HUC    1 Mhs
ORG    1 Mhs
PTC    1 Mhs
USC    1 Mhs

Are you 100% sure?

Excerpt from the documentation ( http://manicminer.in/docs/mining ):

Mining power is automatically balanced between main chain coins, in order to maximize the probability of finding also a valid share for secondary coins and complete a block as soon as possible.

Bear in mind that your power will only be divided among main chain coins, but it will be full for all secondary ones.

At the moment, we are allocating more more power to DogeCoin because it is more profitable. This could change in the future, because the pool will adapt its strategy to get maximum rewards for our miners.

You don't need to do anything, no coin choice, your power will be allocated automatically. Just make sure you get wallets for each coin in order to receive your rewards.

It is not clear. My interpretation of the doc is that you have no choice of the hashing power repartition, and you simply do not get paid for the hashing you provided for a coin when its wallet is not setup.

Can someone from ManicMiner confirm? (their forum is 404)

Here is some more info

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogemining/comments/1yyske/merged_scrypt_mining_is_here/

Still waiting to confirm your question about choosing a single main coin.

xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:08:38 AM

The rejected rate and accepted is totally false. I have read somewhere else which I will find for you but because of the way it works by checking muliple blockchains those numbers are not right.

To mine a coin you must first add your address so it knows where to pay. To not mine a coin simply do not add that address.

So if you would like to mine only doge and then the 4 secondary coins, then only add those wallet address.

Hope this helps Smiley

That's not true, you just don't get those coins. There is no choosing coins.
jonnysomething

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:48:14 AM

Hope this helps Smiley

That's not true, you just don't get those coins. There is no choosing coins.
Source on this? This is my reason for not mining. I don't want to mine the other coins, but I'm not going to let them just go down the drain.
Sir Lagsalot

Activity: 323

The lion roars!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:42:24 AM

This looks interesting so I wrote about it over on CryptoCoinsNews.

If someone from ManicMiner is reading this, please contact me via PM. I'd like to ask you some questions.

hercules1600 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 07:51:58 AM

This looks interesting so I wrote about it over on CryptoCoinsNews.

If someone from ManicMiner is reading this, please contact me via PM. I'd like to ask you some questions.

Awsome, I am awaiting a response from some Devs myself for some more clarification, hopefully the article will help.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: