Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:16:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] 1THs 1kW 28nm ASIC Miner - Rush Order, Free March 10th Shipping  (Read 5136 times)
Cheshyr (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:03:53 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 03:22:52 AM by Cheshyr

This is a group buy for up to 38 pieces of 1TH miners.  If we can get payment to them by the end of the week, they'll include the order in the March 10th batch.  Otherwise, we're stuck with the March 18th batch, which it sounds like is also of limited stock.  This group buy is for the March 10th batch.

Pricing:
1-3 units, $5400 each
4-10 units $5200 each
>10 units, PM me.

We will accept payment in BTC or Wire Transfer.  The vendor only accepts fiat payment, so BTC payments need to be sent by Wed March 5th at Midnight EST.  Wire transfers will be accepted until Thurs March 6th at Noon EST.  Sorry, no escrow.  They won't ship without money in hand, and we don't have the cash to float.  If you have concerns, contact us and we'll do what we can to establish some credibility.

Shipping:
DHL International Shipping is included.  Package will be shipped from vendor directly to you.  You are responsible for any import fees.  Shipments from the March 10th batch are expected to be delivered around March 17th or 18th.

Specifications:
Power consumption: 960W from the wall
Size: 48cm * 31cm * 35cm
Total weight: 21kg
Temperature: operating temperature does not exceed 35 degrees
Noise: Less than 45dB
Fan Size: 3x 12cm fans
Power Supply: 2x 650W OR 1x 1000W
Chip Number: 40x 28nm chips across 5 hashing modules
Actual mining pools speed: >= 1000GHs
Package includes: Mining Machine, Power Cord, Manual, Network Cable

Who am I and why should you trust me?
Personally, I'm a nobody; I'd be willing to send documents to a reputable community member for verification.  My business partner has an excellent track record in merchandise sales.  He recently sold one of these units on ebay for $7200; you can check his feedback there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BITCOIN-MINER-1TH-MINING-RIG-1TH-S-COINCRAFT-A1-28NM-ASIC-CHIP-1000GH-S-/310880749188?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Refunds:
If we have not already sent the money to the vendor, and you request a refund, we will provide the refund in the amount and currency payment was made: fiat to fiat, bitcoin to bitcoin.  Once the money is sent to the vendor, it is out of our hands.

Ordering Process:
Indicate interest here and/or in a PM.  We'll contact you with a bitcoin payment address or wire transfer details.

More Pictures:

edited for typoes.  edited for reduced available quantity as of March 3, 2014 8:40p EST
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:04:45 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 12:44:47 AM by Cheshyr

Reserved for Order Status Info:

Xyver, 1 unit, reserved.
ipxtreme

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:06:23 PM

i'm interested.

BTC tips: 14PkHaJH5GexLG9P7MYxHRNvZeCq2t8DWX
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:47:05 PM

@ipxtreme: I've PMed you.

Anybody else?  I know it's short notice, but I thought I saw a lot of interest in the other threads that died.
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:04:05 PM

@ipxtreme: I've PMed you.

Anybody else?  I know it's short notice, but I thought I saw a lot of interest in the other threads that died.
bitmain antminer prices just dropped, makes this unit some what expensive i think
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:07:58 PM

bitmain antminer prices just dropped, makes this unit some what expensive i think
Interesting.  I'll poke at the vendor and see if they're willing to budge, in light of the Antminer price drop.  I'm not expecting much though.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:39:29 AM

Interesting.  I'll poke at the vendor and see if they're willing to budge, in light of the Antminer price drop.  I'm not expecting much though.
Alright, there's not much we can do.  Price adjusted down.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:22:44 PM

34 hours left for BTC payments, 46 hour for wire transfers.  When this group buy is over, I'll consider settig up another for the March 18th batch.  Let me know if you have any questions.
h@shKraker

Activity: 403

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:00:57 PM

Cheshyr,

It does look like a nice piece of gear.  Like another member said though, BitMain's prices dropped and thus they are driving the market pricing right now.  If you were able to match, or even better, provide slightly lower pricing per Ghash you'd get a TON more interest.  In fact, you wouldn't be able to keep units in stock (which is a good problem to have).

H@shKraker

Tips/Payments: 1HaZvsUjJpcAf76QWg7Muu4mnWRWCrRNMs
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:09:43 PM

If these are the Dragon 1 TH units, their website lists them now for 19999 Yuan = $3255 USD.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:56:52 PM

Cheshyr,

It does look like a nice piece of gear.  Like another member said though, BitMain's prices dropped and thus they are driving the market pricing right now.  If you were able to match, or even better, provide slightly lower pricing per Ghash you'd get a TON more interest.  In fact, you wouldn't be able to keep units in stock (which is a good problem to have).

H@shKraker

If these are the Dragon 1 TH units, their website lists them now for 19999 Yuan = $3255 USD.

Thanks for the feedback.  I haven't been able to find the Dragon-branded 1TH units for that price, shipping on Match 10th.  The 20k price was for March 18th.  These all appear to be the same units, being resold by different vendors.  We've chased it as far up the food chain as we were able to get on short notice, and these were the prices we were able to get without ordering massive quantities.

The S1 price drop puts the Antminers at about $4.40 per GH, at 2W per GH.  The pricing for these miners comes in at $5.40 per GH, at 1W per GH.  I can't argue with the cost effectiveness of the S1s, but I will mention power usage and hashing density considerations.  You can get a lot more hashing power off a standard electrical circuit with these units.  Also, you have to provide your own power supply for the S1.

Anyway, we're ordering a few units ourselves, and wanted to offer the opportunity to the community.  If you're interested, let us know.  We'll do the best we can to negotiate prices down, but for the March 10th order, this is pretty much our limit from this vendor.

edit:  We will set up a group buy for the March 18th shipping date as well, provided they update their pricing as well.
robbcarpdm

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:50:22 PM

What will they charge on March 18 shipping.

I would rather wait and save the $2000 usd

Its the same technology as the Ant so no reason to pay any more for it.

How about without Power Supply as those Chineese PSUs are worth crap anyway.

Ant right now 1.16 and will be lower on 3/18.

I can go $4500 on a 3.10.14 ship or will wait for the 3/18 can do cash or BTC

BTC will be $800 in short run by those dates but it doesnt mean it will stay there...IE could drop all the way back down.

Thanks,

Robb
varakunai

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:52:14 AM

I'll buy 4 for 4500 for march 10th date...Can't justify paying any more.  Let me know if we can work it out.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:03:08 AM

What will they charge on March 18 shipping.

I would rather wait and save the $2000 usd

Its the same technology as the Ant so no reason to pay any more for it.

How about without Power Supply as those Chineese PSUs are worth crap anyway.

Ant right now 1.16 and will be lower on 3/18.

I can go $4500 on a 3.10.14 ship or will wait for the 3/18 can do cash or BTC

BTC will be $800 in short run by those dates but it doesnt mean it will stay there...IE could drop all the way back down.

Thanks,

Robb
I don't know the price for the March 18th units yet; we're already attempting to get updated info for that batch.  Their price on their website for March 18th has a minimum order quantity of 10, and it doesn't line up with any of the pricing they've offered for people doing group buys.  We're getting in touch with them now to see what's going on.

I do not believe this is the same technology as the Ant.  Ant was 55nm, these are 28nm, last I checked.  These are closer to A1 chips, although we didn't fully disassemble the unit to verify the chip.  8 chips per module, 200GHs per module... whatever the branding, it delivered on the performance it promised.

The system will be drop shipped by the vendor; we don't have control of the supply included.

$4500 is way below cost for these; I can't help you there.

I'll keep everyone posted on the March 18th status, as I hear more.  We'll finish this group buy, and start a new one for the March 18th when we have more details.
daddyfatsax

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:10:06 AM

Not trying to mess with your buy, but again this website http://www.lketc.com/goods/show-197.aspx has the exact same miners you are selling. Good luck with the Chinese translation. These are also the same miners that pcfli is selling.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:40:42 AM

Not trying to mess with your buy, but again this website http://www.lketc.com/goods/show-197.aspx has the exact same miners you are selling. Good luck with the Chinese translation. These are also the same miners that pcfli is selling.
Thanks for the link.

They are the same miners a dozen people are selling.  I welcome you to order from the site you linked, as long as you're willing to accept minimum order quantity of 10, delay shipment until March 18th, pay your own shipping, and you have the chinese id number required to make the purchase.  Also, their stock status says '0'.
daddyfatsax

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:48:32 AM

Thanks for the link.

They are the same miners a dozen people are selling.  I welcome you to order from the site you linked, as long as you're willing to accept minimum order quantity of 10, delay shipment until March 18th, pay your own shipping, and you have the chinese id number required to make the purchase.  Also, their stock status says '0'.

No thanks. I agree a lot of people are selling them, but as this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=500340.0 suggests they are using stolen chips. So beware and good luck.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:53:06 AM

Sorry, my response probably came out a bit blunt.

That link is for the March 18th order, and it is an exceptional price.  I'm under the impression it is a very short-lived price.  We'll put together another group buy for the March 18th order, and do what we can to get as close to that price as we can.  If anyone who has expressed interest in this group buy wants to wait a week to get the lower price, let me know.

Re: chip source...  we didn't disassemble any of the blades to check the actual chip used.  It hashed at the advertised speeds in an environment with only moderate climate control for a week with no issues.  If you have concerns about the chip source, then I'd recommend careful consideration.  I'm not interest in providing products people are unhappy with.
daddyfatsax

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:58:12 AM

Sorry, my response probably came out a bit blunt.

That link is for the March 18th order, and it is an exceptional price.  I'm under the impression it is a very short-lived price.  We'll put together another group buy for the March 18th order, and do what we can to get as close to that price as we can.  If anyone who has expressed interest in this group buy wants to wait a week to get the lower price, let me know.

Re: chip source...  we didn't disassemble any of the blades to check the actual chip used.  It hashed at the advertised speeds in an environment with only moderate climate control for a week with no issues.  If you have concerns about the chip source, then I'd recommend careful consideration.  I'm not interest in providing products people are unhappy with.

No worries man. I am interested in the units as well, but $5400 is too much. If you can get some better pricing, I will look at getting a unit.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:08:55 AM

No worries man. I am interested in the units as well, but $5400 is too much. If you can get some better pricing, I will look at getting a unit.
Given how drastic the price drop is... if I can find a way to get it, I'm tempted to close this group buy as it stands, and start up the March 18th one now.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: