Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:21:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This Recent Market Surge, Are You Buying, Selling, or Just Looking?  (Read 3294 times)
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:21:04 AM

I'm definitely keeping what I have.   Each time we see anywhere under $500, I add a few more coins...but I never really sell.   I suppose I could have a few more coins, or a little more money if i really tried to time the market each time with buying and selling, but I am in it for the long haul, so the daily fluctuations don't really concern me...
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:22:01 AM

Ahhhhhhh, ha, this is the reason for the monday morning surge:

"http://newsbtc.com/2014/03/03/blockchain-info-ceo-nic-cary-big-news-dropping-tomorrow/

Blockchain.info CEO Nic Cary: “Big News Dropping Tomorrow”
Eric Calouro | March 3, 2014    | 1 Comment
Nic Cary Exciting News Tweet

That price spike we saw earlier today? There’s probably a good reason for it. Blockchain.info CEO Nic Cary sent out an interesting tweet Monday afternoon with some informaiton to get the bitcoin community’s hearts pumping a little harder:

“This is going to be an exciting week,” he proclaimed. “Some big news dropping tomorrow”.

Are your palms sweating yet?

Of course, no indication on just what that good news is, but it’s most certainly a change of pace from these last few weeks. From bitcoin price drops to the horrifying news that Mt. Gox had lost millions in user funds (and subsequently filed for bankruptcy protection).

We’re not going to speculate, but we’d imagine of Cary considers it “big news”, then it most likely is. Also of interest: Cary @-mentioned both the Bloomberg and Market Makers (a TV program on Bloomberg) Twitter accounts.

What do you suspect is on the horizon?"

clearly people trading on inside info or inside gossip  ... now I have a reason.

I have heard from a few credible sources that a major bank is going to be publicly backing bitcoin soon.   I don't know if this is the news that is dropping tomorrow, but I think this news is not too far along the horizon...
CryptoGuy2014

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:25:16 AM

Bought at $434

Sold at $693

I will buy more as prices fall again

wow, i'm exceedingly jealous

where did you get the $434 from?  [please don't say coinbase]

you guessed it Smiley
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:29:46 AM

every part of the $500 - $599 range was examined over the weekend, but suddenly it sprung up and out of that range on Monday -- fantastic

Although I don't know why it occurred, I'm overjoyed that it happened.  I sold this morning at $595.  and I'm likely to sell again tomorrow morning if it reaches $800, but I'm having a hard time buying at anything above $600 because I don't know the cause of the surge and how long it (surge forces) will be maintained.

Are you buying into this new upswing, are you selling out of it, or are you just looking?

just looking
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:32:32 AM

If you can handle trading in Euros, and the generally lower volumes, Kraken offers these options, and a bunch of others.

Low volume there indeed....may check it out.

I turn GBP into Euro anyhow, which Stamp then turns into USD.

Ahhhhhhh, ha, this is the reason for the monday morning surge:

"http://newsbtc.com/2014/03/03/blockchain-info-ceo-nic-cary-big-news-dropping-tomorrow/

Could be it! Just so happened to coincide with the Ukrainian crisis but perhaps surge is nothing or not much to do with Ukraine, but hitters trading on insider knowledge. Mind you, the times still 100% coincide with Eastern European business hours. The US was still sleeping when the first 3K bid turned up to liven up a very apathetic market, it was 8.00 am in western Europe and only 7.00 am in UK.

Only those at Bitstamp will know who their high volume customers happened to be and what part of the world they hailed from.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:32:55 AM

I have heard from a few credible sources that a major bank is going to be publicly backing bitcoin soon.   I don't know if this is the news that is dropping tomorrow, but I think this news is not too far along the horizon...

I'd love it if such new broke, but I can tell you this no major or minor bank will sign one give the present protocol, far too risky.  

However, if my guess is right about the news -- that new security features are coming to the protocol, then that paves the way for your idea and a substantial market surge.
kkaspar

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

banned but not broken

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:33:43 AM

Bought some, sold some and now back to just looking..
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:35:04 AM

Bought at $434

Sold at $693

where did you get the $434 from?  [please don't say coinbase]

you guessed it Smiley

well now $693 is the old $434, and I just bought at $687  hahahahahaaa ... meet my new best friends: 'volatility' and 'media hype'  with them 8 days is two weeks worth of business.

keithers
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:05:25 AM

Bought at $434

Sold at $693

where did you get the $434 from?  [please don't say coinbase]

you guessed it Smiley

I picked some up on coinbase around $400 during the last flash crash...  As I am sure all of you have now noticed, the bad news does not bring the prices down nearly as much as it used to.   The news that we have been hit with over the past few months far surpasses that of Silk Road 1.... but bitcoin's resilience is growing stronger day by day
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:24:40 AM

I picked some up on coinbase around $400 during the last flash crash...  As I am sure all of you have now noticed, the bad news does not bring the prices down nearly as much as it used to.   The news that we have been hit with over the past few months far surpasses that of Silk Road 1.... but bitcoin's resilience is growing stronger day by day

The lowest I got out of coinbase was $508, the lowest I saw was $505 I didn't take it because I was going for the 400 range which never materialized for me.  It must have occurred while I was sleeping.   Which there were limit orders for coinbase

Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:25:40 AM

Most likely a small buyer around here but for the moment still watching

fallinglantern

Activity: 260
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:48:05 AM

Bought more and still HODLing
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:39:22 AM

what does hodling mean again?   I forgot from the last time you young folk told me.
Flatulenters

Activity: 71
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:59:44 AM

what does hodling mean again?   I forgot from the last time you young folk told me.
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:09:53 PM

My original plan was to hodl but the spike was so ridiculous that I had to make a couple quick shotrs from 710 to 670 and 700 to 650. Now I am hodling again. Quick shotrs are the best ones - the ones where I can get in and out in 15 minutes without trying to guess the trend and hold fiat for an extended amount of time. For example I know I might be able able to short again and prices might even reach as low as 610 but I'm not bothering right now.

Yeah, I just sold at $710 and placed an buy order at 665$. After it got filled it rose again to 700$ and I sold again, placing a buy order at 650$. After this got filled, I sold at 700$ and placed a buy order at 665$ and after it got filled... ahm do you still believe me?

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:39:37 PM

My original plan was to hodl but the spike was so ridiculous that I had to make a couple quick shotrs from 710 to 670 and 700 to 650. Now I am hodling again. Quick shotrs are the best ones - the ones where I can get in and out in 15 minutes without trying to guess the trend and hold fiat for an extended amount of time. For example I know I might be able able to short again and prices might even reach as low as 610 but I'm not bothering right now.

Yeah, I just sold at $710 and placed an buy order at 665$. After it got filled it rose again to 700$ and I sold again, placing a buy order at 650$. After this got filled, I sold at 700$ and placed a buy order at 665$ and after it got filled... ahm do you still believe me?

hahahahaha, I was believing you, sadly it seems you don't believe, if coinbase had limit orders I would be set.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: