Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:12:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Not be Greedy  (Read 5081 times)
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 07:03:43 PM

That's True working as a robot with brains is what we should do. We can easily put robots for our trading but the only Situation they do not work well is at a market crash or at a heavy price increase. Even Continue price drop can make a bot do crazy stuff and do not forget it is your balance at the stake. But if you ignore all these points then you are good to go and you will surely make a huge amount of money every day.
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:20:52 PM

Some times 20 profit is good, even 10% is not bad in some cases. But if you purchase XVG today at the rate of some what close to 250 sats, and you hodl it for a few months and sell the XVG at 1000 sats then thats 400% profit. and is possible when it comes to XVG. Grin

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:33:03 PM

Depends to the people what percentage want to sell their coins because everyone have different target percentage to each other, because we have diffferent  prediction to the coin. But the important is you need to get more profit and not losing it.
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:57:18 PM

Depends to the people what percentage want to sell their coins because everyone have different target percentage to each other, because we have diffferent  prediction to the coin. But the important is you need to get more profit and not losing it.
It's not greediness as people think, it is out own goal and target.  We are free to aim high that's why we work hard in order to achieve that.  Satisfaction will soon to be in our way if we fulfill those things and if we already achieve our targets.
Cactushrt

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:37:43 PM

You're right there are so many traders like that especially those new ones on trading they are so greedy i think 30-40% are enough.

▄▄█████▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀█▌
             ▄████▀    ▀▄▀
    ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀       █▌
 ▄█▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄     ▄█▀
██▌        ██▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄██▀
███▄▄▄     ███ ▄▄███▀▀
 ▀▀███████ ███▐██▀▀▄██
     ▀▀▀▀▀ ███     ███▌
           ▐██     ▐██▌
           ▐██▄    ▐██
            ▀██▄ ▄▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄
Catena

▀██     ▄██▀
██▄ ▄██▀
▀█████
██
▄█████
██▀ ▀██▄
▄██     ▀██▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
██████▀▀███████████▀▀██████
██████    ▀     ▀    ██████
██████               ██████
█████▌               ▐█████
█████                 █████
█████▌               ▐█████
███████▄           ▄███████
████▄▀████▀     ▀██████████
█████▄ ▀▀▀       ██████████
███████▄▄▄       ██████████
lephuqui

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:01:44 AM

In my opinion, the best time to sell is when the market price of the coin is 20%+ higher than the market price at which you bought the coin. Dont wait till the market price is 95%+ before you sell. That only happens when you got your eyes glues to your machine 24/7. Dont be greedy... Make a little profit and grow it over time. Cryptomarket is growing and full of terror! Be careful
I have other plans with you. I divided my capital into 3 parts.
30% trade
30% speculation
40% for long-term projects (these are potentially high profit projects in the future, maybe long-term breeding for several years)
With such division you are very active in the market, earning maximum profits and minimizing risk
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:01:51 AM

In my opinion, the best time to sell is when the market price of the coin is 20%+ higher than the market price at which you bought the coin. Dont wait till the market price is 95%+ before you sell. That only happens when you got your eyes glues to your machine 24/7. Dont be greedy... Make a little profit and grow it over time. Cryptomarket is growing and full of terror! Be careful
This is ideal for every trader, if the coin hits your target price sell right away and don’t wait for the higher price because you cannot be sure if its already the peak so better to take profit than to lose that chance. Don’t be greedy as long as you make profit you are doing good in this market.

Most often happened now instead the individuals already get their profits once their greediness appears for sure it will give them a bad result in the end. Sometimes we need to know to control our emotions were in the end we won't blame ourselves why we loss our capital/money. Just make ourselves have self-discipline for us to achieve the real profits.
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:21:22 AM

Locking your profits up when you got 20% gain form your investment is really great, it already increased your initial capital and I think that is more important as an investor or trader. Also set your stop losses so you won't lose your profits.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:18:21 AM

It would be worse if they didn't have a price target they would achieve, they didn't have a plan that would have a bad effect and might make they greedy, if you didn't make a price target maybe you would wait for the price to rise very high and waste the opportunity..
dinoloverpete

Activity: 308
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:59:01 AM

It would be worse if they didn't have a price target they would achieve, they didn't have a plan that would have a bad effect and might make they greedy, if you didn't make a price target maybe you would wait for the price to rise very high and waste the opportunity..

If they do not have a target then is that really greed at all, it sounds more like the opposite. That just sounds like someone with little care for price and just wanting to hold out to the top even if they'll never sell. There's a fine line between greed and ambition and for many it is blurred, what I call ambitious and optimistic many others may see as greed.

ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:34:19 AM

Yes, you don't have to wait until the profits we get can double from the initial capital we have spent to start trading. Although only a small profit is obtained if it is often done for a long time we can get a bigger profit than before, the most important thing is not greedy to get big profits, we must be able to take advantage of the increase in market prices above the purchases we make.
Aschcraw

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:03:07 AM

you are right .. i did this type of mistake a lot of times . trading is not for me
weblaraveluser

Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:19:16 AM

That's True working as a robot with brains is what we should do. We can easily put robots for our trading but the only Situation they do not work well is at a market crash or at a heavy price increase. Even Continue price drop can make a bot do crazy stuff and do not forget it is your balance at the stake. But if you ignore all these points then you are good to go and you will surely make a huge amount of money every day.

There is always a time where you need to be greedy like when the market prices are dropping, in this way you can invest a huge amount with a cheaper prices.
Missterio

Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:35:37 AM

This is a very important rule, you must always be cold and never be greedy and then you achieve success.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:40:35 AM

Good advice for day traders and short-term holders but for the case of the long-term investors is different as they have the goal for the profit beyond +100% people got greedy because they've managed to have some huge profit from trading that's why they are insisting to have the same outcome through different cryptocurrency and scenario, whatever you do the market reacts differently every day, it's not a win everytime there's a time that you should set a stop loss.
Iykecolyno
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:25:32 PM

This is the simple rule in crypto, most persons that have wanted to go greedy without real target have always cried at last
okorocrypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:38:43 PM

Well your opinion is plausible but I beg to differ with you a little. Without patience, one can only make some few dollars from this market. Take for instance, if one had invested in a project like Ethereum and sold when it hit +20% profit and later realised it actually went up to +130,000% in profit, what will be his stand? The golden rule I use are:

1. Never buy a coin without a product
2. Never join pump and dump so as not to get burnt
3. Never jump into the market when there is a sudden spike in price
4. Never buy a coin you don't believe in.

With these rule, I buy and hold certain percentage for a long time and sell some for the short term and it has been working just fine.
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:45:49 PM

I agree that taking small profit is good specially when your day trading, I don't have strategy really but I'm not selling at loss that's how I dispose my holdings. I don't influence myself much at daily price actions instead I'm more focus on project development and speculating. When I got involved in this space I learned a lot, which I had sold my holdings when price was great now I know what to do next time.
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:51:26 PM

I guess that this is the thing all traders must KNOW! I am a victim of greediness of myself of course and I personally thinks that this is not healthy. So, don't be greedy.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:05:40 PM

if there is already a profit from the purchase, why don't we sell why we have to wait a long time to get the price really high, there is a profit of 20% of the purchase I think the strategy is pretty good, selling and buying again and continue like that, I think it will work
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: