Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 11:32:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea for a World Wide Coin Distribution - (Based on Auroracoin's idea)  (Read 1180 times)
arthurf (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:31:16 PM

Hey,

I think we could create a coin similar to Auroracoin but make a World Wide Distribution.

Many of you probably thought about that, but HOW?

My suggestion:

Use OAuth Google/Facebook and check if the user has a valid phone number.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_mobile_phones_in_use

We could estimate about 7 billion users, and when all coins are taken, then it's already taken.

I know there are people with 2 or more phones, but I don't think it's that a big issue. At least we can do a very great distribution.

Well, the price would go down, or up, or whatever, but at least we can encourage a lot of people to try and play with cryptocurrencies.

I could help with that, but currently my life is a mess and I really can't be disciplined enough to organize such project.

So I'm living the idea up for discussion and open to anyone who would like to work on that. Smiley

And it would be great if it was also ASIC resistant, based on Vertcoin. Smiley
hyunsookmom

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:36:41 PM

The Auroracoin project got me thinking about the idea of making an individual cryptocurrency for every nation on earth, maybe taking into consideration the pop of each country. That would seriously revolutionize the world, it would change everything, turn the world upside down.

Unfortunately I can barely use a wallet and suffer from chronic laziness, otherwise its a genius idea?

Remember it was my idea first!!!

Imagine.....

iGBP
iUSD
iKRW
iCNY

etc....

super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 09:42:48 PM

Yeah, I plan on starting on something like this next week. If you want to get involved let me know.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:43:11 PM

The Auroracoin project got me thinking about the idea of making an individual cryptocurrency for every nation on earth, maybe taking into consideration the pop of each country. That would seriously revolutionize the world, it would change everything, turn the world upside down.

It's not going to work for "every" country. You need a very secure national ID system. Iceland has that and it has small population.

If you try it with say India or Sudan, there is no way you can distribute the coins without people scamming you with multiple IDs. You won't even be able verify if they have the right nationality.

The project will fail miserably  

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:53:20 PM

Giving free coins to the "world" would mean the coin is basically worthless -- as everyone gets it for free. Why would anyone buy it if it's free?

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
noelmal

Activity: 265

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:51:24 PM

So I take it everyone in this thread is crypto newbies or just plain stupid?
bite

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:55:27 PM

Zombiecoin Wink
Korporal

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:59:23 PM

Use DNA/RNA identifiers with an embedded RFID chip under your skin coded with your wallet ID.
Easy peasy.  Roll Eyes

..you'll need the cooperation of all the world's population to do this. Maybe guarantee food distribution with coins. Ya
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:06:14 AM

Use OAuth Google/Facebook and check if the user has a valid phone number.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_mobile_phones_in_use

One problem with using mobile numbers is that to set up a new (throwaway) SIM may only costs a few dollars.
ctrlzed

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:14:31 AM

Are you talking about a different coin for each country? Doesn't that defeat one of cyptocurrency's main benefits - the fact that it's not country-specific? Wouldn't it be better (in terms of convenience and stability) to have a single coin that's universally adopted?
coinsfuture

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:18:08 AM

Dumb idea, oath = create another email account. cell phone = change your number multiple times. I can see 1 person with 100 sock puppets. Wouldn't be fair at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: