Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:49:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs should only create Tokens with Working Products or Services  (Read 2080 times)
CryptoSimmonds

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:52:23 AM

if ICOs create token with working product maybe it will be the one way to get rid from the scam coin. all ICO's authority should take this step.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stumbleupon

Activity: 47

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:12:05 AM

Cryptographic money and ICO tokens are intended to speak to working tech activities or items. Tragically, that hasn't been the situation. Of the main 100 cryptographic money ventures recorded on CoinMarketCap, fewer than 40 have a genuine item that works.
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 07:25:08 AM

I think it is also a goal of many cryptos popping up. but to be able to make it look successful and thus there is still a refusal of the subject who wish to intended recipients such as community and the many facilities that do not yet support this. might be a good idea but the idea for this deployment is still a hard thing.

Shative

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:28:03 AM

Numerous undertakings point to their mainnets as their working items. While that is great, a large number of them have practically zero OK appropriation. Along these lines, for ventures with dynamic mainnets as their items, we'll be concentrating on those with OK client base.
CryptoAssasin

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:33:27 AM

I agree with you that all ICO must be created only relevant to the society's needs and will solves at least a particular societal problem. It is sad to see that most ICO nowadays are only do a fund raising but don't actually have yet their own or built product. They are only visioning it and will build the project once they have the funds collected on ICO. By the end of the ICO, most of them ended up being a scam ICO.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
tot-o

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:33:57 AM

In the world of practicality ICO project team should consider this things, they should make contracts to other shops and business partners wherein people can actually use token to buys things even the price drops as long as they can use it for buying things I won't see any problem at all...  And yes team should not create token for the sole purpose of just buying an selling and holding...
TOYOB BISWAS

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:38:01 AM

Prevalent crypto ventures like OmiseGo sprung from a similar stage, making Ethereum the pioneer birthing stage for some decentralized applications. Let’s see how it will help.
NOTORIOUST1

Activity: 93

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:46:25 AM

Enough of people just creating tokens just for the sole purpose of trading it in exchanges and making money after the ICO. In order for a token to survive or stand the test of time, there is need for it to have a working product or service it directly supports. This is what a lot of tokens are lacking today.

In my opinion, any token to be created should bring in something new. It must be a token that will add value to the society and not just for the purpose of trading it in exchanges and cashing out money.

If we actually want cryptocurrency to survive and appeal to the ordinary people, then we must create ONLY tokens relevant to the society's needs or solves at least a particular societal problem.

Very true but this is human nature and everytime there is money to be made some people will be willing to do anything to get a piece of the cake including some not very honest business that's why in my opinion the responsibility falls on the investors to do their due dilligence and research and not fall victim to the hype since the market is not regulated enough to take care of cases like that.
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:00:55 AM

Ico for real developments those icos should list separately so we can assume the price growth on the specific time frame so icos will have good reputation for long term growth
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:03:42 AM

It would be best but there is another option. If they need sources for developing the product they can raise money with couple of rounds.

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:11:15 AM

That's how ICO is supposed to be since from the start to attract more investors and even make the project successful. That's one of the things that i am also looking for before i invest in ICO or even participate in their bounty campaigns. I've been into ICO with working product already and it always went successfully.

bayarau

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:36:20 AM

I am sure that ICO projects were created primarily in order to maximally simplify the process of investing money in profitable projects for both sides. Additional regulation and tightening of laws will not lead to progress in this area. All investors voluntarily choose the ICO project for investment and should only blame themselves. The only most appropriate way to protect against scammers in ICO is insurance.
aalborg

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:39:50 AM

I thinkthe same way. Competition is high nowadays and prior to launch ICO, spend your time on MVP development. Investments in ICOs without product are too risky. Even in venture investments stopped reviewing applications without MVP.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:44:39 AM

Enough of people just creating tokens just for the sole purpose of trading it in exchanges and making money after the ICO. In order for a token to survive or stand the test of time, there is need for it to have a working product or service it directly supports. This is what a lot of tokens are lacking today.

In my opinion, any token to be created should bring in something new. It must be a token that will add value to the society and not just for the purpose of trading it in exchanges and cashing out money.

If we actually want cryptocurrency to survive and appeal to the ordinary people, then we must create ONLY tokens relevant to the society's needs or solves at least a particular societal problem.

I support this call for the assurance of everyone whos being involved in ico investing and bounty hunters,actually I’ve been seeking for this topic for long now .to some people that will eagerly push this idea and give justice to all concerns

I have been part of many project,i use to invest in ico and I participated in many bounty hunting projects but all i got is scams or shitcoins,only few who has a potential
AAlex48

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:46:30 AM

I agree that this would help in the future to strengthen the community.But locally now everyone has come to this sphere for profit.
Wandly

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:18:26 AM

I do agree with this idea that tokens should be created with working product. This will help to create trust among the investors to come forward and make investment. I guess this will reduce scam as well.
Hilows

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:21:23 AM

I think it is high time the tokens changed in this way with working products. Many ICOs available out there have simply nothing but paper works. This type of practice have created scammers in the market.
superfan

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:23:39 AM

100% agree, I believe there must be a good use case for the token otherwise its solely an investment tool, which does not really justify the ICO in itself.
Teivion

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:44:29 AM

Investors often find it quite difficult to figure out which ICO they should invest on. It is actually hard to find out the reliability based on some papers. But tokens with working products will be much helpful I hope.
Teivion

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:04:38 AM

yes I completely agree with you,  thing which is so much important for our future ,this thing should be qualified otherwise it will not last till our future, your idea is very useful
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: