Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:25:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WFT Infinitecoin???  (Read 741 times)
bitideas (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 11:04:58 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 09:33:06 PM by bitideas

So I decided to do an Infinitecoin giveaway in my Facebook group, 500 coins, just leave your address...

So I go to send the coins to the dozens of people who replied, and every time I go to send I get the message that I have to add a 200 Infinitecoin transaction fee.

Seems somewhat excessive...

Just sayin'

Build your Bitcoin Downlines at the Bitcoin Downline Builder!
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 11:43:38 PM

So I decided to do an Infinitecoin giveaway in my Facebook group, 500 coins, just leave your address...

So I go to send the coins to the dozens of people who replied, and every time I go to send I get the message that I have to add a 200 Infinitecoin transaction fee.

Never, ever, ever again will I buy, mine, use, or promote a shitcoin such as this.  I've never called a cryto a shitcoin before, but this one goes above and beyond that qualification.

Just sayin'

Good to know Smiley hehe
Sounds like shit indeed.
PigHorseCow

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 12:20:00 AM

Finally people are realizing how shitty some of these coins are.  Grin
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:21:46 AM

200 IFC is like 0.0016 USD right now! Doesnt bitcoin have a 0.0001 btc (0.067 USD) fee for large transactions? and every coin has transaction fees!

pretty stupid what you are saying.
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:13:22 AM

200 IFC is like 0.0016 USD right now! Doesnt bitcoin have a 0.0001 btc (0.067 USD) fee for large transactions? and every coin has transaction fees!

pretty stupid what you are saying.

+1
blade007

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:45:03 AM

Coin is almost mined out. These fees goes to the miners and for added network security. See here http://infinitecointalk.org/index.php/topic,571.msg2791.html#msg2791

"-Transactions under 100 IFC will have a fee of 200 IFC transactions under 10,000 IFC will have a fee of 100 IFC. Transactions over 100KB can no longer be sent. An optional default fee of 10 IFC will be set in the client for all transactions. This can be easily changed. I encourage you to pay this fee because it will strengthen the network. You will still have the option of setting it lower or even to zero in the client GUI if you must.

-Any transactions over the limit of 10kb per transaction will have a 100 IFC fee per 1kb. Transactions over 100KB can no longer be sent. "

Makes sense. OP should keep up with the coins progress
bitideas (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 02:51:27 AM

"-Transactions under 100 IFC will have a fee of 200 IFC transactions under 10,000 IFC will have a fee of 100 IFC.

So why am I paying 200 for a transaction of 500? Shouldn't it be 100? OP (me) shouldn't have to go digging around their forum to find this out.

blade007

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:49:46 AM

They posted this on their forum and on here. Can't help it if you missed it
DanielVG

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:53:40 AM

"-Transactions under 100 IFC will have a fee of 200 IFC transactions under 10,000 IFC will have a fee of 100 IFC.

So why am I paying 200 for a transaction of 500? Shouldn't it be 100? OP (me) shouldn't have to go digging around their forum to find this out.

yea, who does research before the invest/spend money right?
bitideas (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 04:16:26 AM

Which doesn't answer my question about why I'm being charged twice the transaction fee.  And I'm not Merrill Lynch... I wasn't trying to sink my retirement savings into Infinitecoin, I was just trying to buy some and give it away for the good of the crypto cause!  Next time I spend ten bucks on some crypto, I'll call in my CPA and a panel of advisers, and have them comb all the possible cryptocurrency forums to get the low-down on exorbitant transaction fees, I guess Tongue

fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:37:18 AM

Which doesn't answer my question about why I'm being charged twice the transaction fee.  And I'm not Merrill Lynch... I wasn't trying to sink my retirement savings into Infinitecoin, I was just trying to buy some and give it away for the good of the crypto cause!  Next time I spend ten bucks on some crypto, I'll call in my CPA and a panel of advisers, and have them comb all the possible cryptocurrency forums to get the low-down on exorbitant transaction fees, I guess Tongue

yup

Hey, give em magic internet money.  At least its funny, had a fair launch and isnt a scam.  I BELIEVE IN MAGIC
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:43:50 AM

Never, ever, ever again will I buy, mine, use, or promote a shitcoin such as this.  I've never called a cryto a shitcoin before, but this one goes above and beyond that qualification.

Just sayin'

Troll

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
bitideas (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 05:36:36 AM

Troll

No, I'm not a troll.  And I talked to somebody from Infinitecoin and they explained to me what is going on and made my peace with them.  I'm a very strong enthusiast of cryptocurrency and I spend a lot of money and time working toward its advancement.  I'd never seen crazier transaction fees in a coin of this value, and thought this was the place to share such thoughts.

Trolls are the ones who denounce every new coin as a shitcoin, no matter what.

jrretirement

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:44:12 AM

Troll

No, I'm not a troll.  And I talked to somebody from Infinitecoin and they explained to me what is going on and made my peace with them.  I'm a very strong enthusiast of cryptocurrency and I spend a lot of money and time working toward its advancement.  I'd never seen crazier transaction fees in a coin of this value, and thought this was the place to share such thoughts.

Trolls are the ones who denounce every new coin as a shitcoin, no matter what.
Well if you are sharing "thoughts" as you say and have "made my peace with them" why have you not edited this thread? This kind of post just encourages trolls to spread FUD. Like those who were quick to join you in bashing IFC. I'm not saying you are a troll, but you have encouraged trolls.

FYI:
Fees are essential for IFC to survive past mine out, small transactions known as dust were clogging the IFC network this had to be stopped, how better than making it cost money to create dust! Guess what? No more dust.

As the IFC price increases the fees will be adjusted accordingly, the IFC fees are still very low % wise for normal traders. It's unfortunate that your attempt to do a nice thing had resulted in the issue for you. All the best and I hope you choose to hang on to your IFC as you will regret it later if you sell them due to this!  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: