Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:54:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPUminer now with added files for less technical users.  (Read 1577 times)
Akarbb (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2011, 11:26:55 PM

I'm uploading a .zip that I made by using the poclbm GPU miner.  It includes the standard file, with all rights and credit to that files creator whose name escapes me right now.  But I included a preconfigured bitcoin.conf file as well as batch files to start the bitcoin client in server mode and to start the poclbm client for solo mining.  I added a readme file explaining how to do everything!

Feedback is appreciated Smiley

http://rapidshare.com/files/454552832/poclbmsolo.zip

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 26, 2011, 11:35:27 PM

I'm uploading a .zip that I made by using the poclbm GPU miner.  It includes the standard file, with all rights and credit to that files creator whose name escapes me right now.  But I included a preconfigured bitcoin.conf file as well as batch files to start the bitcoin client in server mode and to start the poclbm client for solo mining.  I added a readme file explaining how to do everything!

Feedback is appreciated Smiley

http://rapidshare.com/files/454552832/poclbmsolo.zip
I'd suggest moving the "change your default username and password" sentence from the end to just after you discuss dragging and dropping bitcoin.conf - too easy for a lazy user to miss it, otherwise... :-)

What would be really cool would be a bit of auto-magic config so that a user can run a script, enter their username and password, and bitcoin.conf etc gets updated with the username/password they entered.

Beyond that, I'm not on Windows so can't really test further but it looks sound and anything to make life easier has to be good.

This space intentionally left blank.
Akarbb (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2011, 11:41:37 PM

I will most likely change that.  By default though, if the file paths are correct, the batch files will work without any changes after they drag and drop the .conf file.  As for an autoscript, I'll look into it, I have a few programming buddies that might be willing to help.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
LMGTFY

View Profile
March 26, 2011, 11:47:55 PM

I will most likely change that.  By default though, if the file paths are correct, the batch files will work without any changes after they drag and drop the .conf file.  As for an autoscript, I'll look into it, I have a few programming buddies that might be willing to help.
I assumed things would work, but I also think it's essential that default passwords get changed - otherwise it's too easy to harvest IP addresses and then try connecting with YOURUSERNAME and YOURPASSWORD. Easy to use is good, but easy to crack isn't :-)

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
March 26, 2011, 11:49:26 PM

I assumed things would work, but I also think it's essential that default passwords get changed - otherwise it's too easy to harvest IP addresses and then try connecting with YOURUSERNAME and YOURPASSWORD. Easy to use is good, but easy to crack isn't :-)
that would require the RPC port to be forwarded, which is rare.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
LMGTFY

View Profile
March 26, 2011, 11:52:45 PM

that would require the RPC port to be forwarded, which is rare.
Assuming that the client was behind a properly configured router, yes. This isn't going to be an issue for all users, but ideally it wouldn't be an issue for any users.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: