Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:15:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CBOE Close to Launching Ethereum Futures: Report  (Read 179 times)
SuperBazooka (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 07:22:36 AM

CBOE Close to Launching Ethereum Futures: Report
CBOE, the Chicago exchange that pioneered the listing of bitcoin futures in the U.S., has quietly begun telling market makers that it is close to launching a new cryptocurrency product: ethereum futures.

Citing an unnamed source with knowledge of the situation, Business Insider reports that CBOE wants to become the first U.S. exchange to list an ethereum futures product, which would transform ether into more of a two-sided market by allowing professional traders to go both long and short on the second-largest cryptocurrency.

Those futures, the person said, could launch before the end of the year and would source their pricing data from Gemini, the New York-based cryptocurrency exchange founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss. Gemini currently supplies pricing data for CBOE’s bitcoin futures, which first launched last December.

The report further states that CBOE wants to receive further regulatory clarity from the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), which oversees the trading of futures and other derivatives products. The agency, run by J. Christopher “Cryptodad” Giancarlo, has garnered a reputation for being quite accommodating to the burgeoning cryptocurrency asset class, though it also vowed to ramp up its scrutiny of cryptocurrency derivatives products in response to criticism for its handling of bitcoin futures.
https://www.ccn.com/cboe-close-to-launching-ethereum-futures-report/
blackandwhite89

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:50:00 PM

This is a good news indeed for the market. The market is growing more and more as time is going by and coins of great potential are emerging in in too. This will make the market even better.
ViolentBee

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:40:32 AM

That's an interesting news. CBOE is planning to launch the Ethereum futures which would allow the professional traders to trade both short term and long term investments. The New York based cryptocurrency exchange, Gemini, will supply the pricing data.
Nightingale2

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:09:01 PM

This is really nice news for the market of crypto currency, with the passage of time, different types of new crypto currencies are coming to this market and the market is getting expanded due to this. We are hopeful that this will really add value to the market.
StormHunter

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:37:06 PM

This sound like a good initiative and a good news for the market too. Getting an upgrade on ETH is something that will be beneficial to both the market and for the investors too.
NuttyOracle

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:03:43 PM

This is really good news for the ethereum as well as for the market also. I think this will help ethereum to be more popular and such type of step is needed in this market. This also indicates that the market is getting more popular day by day.
mktpromp

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:38:56 PM

what!I think this news is not true. Chicago Board as far as i know it's trying to promote ETH.They are working for it for a long periods of time.
cryptosmith03

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:01:56 PM

I am appreciating this from the very beginning. I think this Ethereum Future will do some great improvements in Ethereum network and will be able to recover the bad time ETH is passing.
dreammoney710

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 08:23:32 PM

It looks like it will have similar effect like Bitcoin ETF. But i think CBOE should not delay in this process. Otherwise the hype will be worthless and Ethereum will fall again.
Plumbank

Activity: 283

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:35:35 PM

Ethereum is passing a bad dumping time. I think it need to be recovered soon and this CBOE thing has given us some hope. I hope they will take this decision very soon.
Menced1937

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:53:03 AM

i like the objective of ethereum new product future.maybe it will change the scenario of the crypto market.to create second largest cryptocurrency this idea is great.
Kallipso

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:56:11 AM

I read about futures and generally tried to introduce them before the correction in December. Everyone is just saying that it will be able to stabilize the market and raise capitalization, but it seems to me that on the contrary it will cause even greater correction. So do not rejoice prematurely.
Symproverse

Activity: 261

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:39:25 AM

people are eagerly for that time when the new future will come up for ethereum for cryptomarket. after the launching of new feature of ethereum hope sec don't have any objection about security.
pithenclacke

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:19:56 AM

I really believe it will throw a great blast to the the price of ETH. As far I as I know the BTC futures was a very impactful project and I think this will also be a great project for whole crypto market at the end of this year 
CryptoSimmonds

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:29:28 PM

Like Bitcoin futures, Ethereum futures will be also very helpful for professional traders. Eagerly waiting for the day of launching.
Lagrood

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:17:29 PM

These news are very positive for the all investors who are holding ETH because if it happens ETH may soar substantially. Currently ETH has slided to attractive levels around 200$ and perhaps near the current level ETH may be interesting for buying by institutional investors so it is likely that namely they are promoting ETH futures faor their needs. Anyway it is very important if they will start ETH futures so I am going to monitor any information about ETH futures I think the start of ETH futures will has a positive effect on ETH..
vicvicto17

Activity: 362
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:21:47 PM

Oh that's why the price of Eth is being manipulated, I wonder how many institutional investors will join here. Guys if you haven't buy yet this is the time to buy ETHEREUM. Let see what will happen at the end of 2018 Smiley
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:45:14 PM

Oh that's why the price of Eth is being manipulated, I wonder how many institutional investors will join here. Guys if you haven't buy yet this is the time to buy ETHEREUM. Let see what will happen at the end of 2018 Smiley
That's not a good news, Bitcoin has been added to the CBOE market and it was getting worst and worst anytime. The market has been manipulated and it can't get a big pump, it's really different with the bitcoin before CBOE has added it to its market. that seems not a good news for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: